{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Ticket Pricing - CONFIRMED & NOW ON SALE

Postby adamstag » Mon May 29, 2023 4:39 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:the faithful will purchase come what may, the one season wonders you gotta excite um back ta mill, give um a few signings to entice them back

Hope is the key

That’s why i worry, you’re right that the regulars will get one come rain or shine, last season was a tough watch, it’s whether those first season wonders come back, especially with finances as they are currently.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Mon May 29, 2023 4:44 pm

adamstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:the faithful will purchase come what may, the one season wonders you gotta excite um back ta mill, give um a few signings to entice them back

Hope is the key

That’s why i worry, you’re right that the regulars will get one come rain or shine, last season at home was about as enjoyable as removing a verucca, it’s whether those first season wonders come back, especially with finances as they are currently.

Been supporting since freight rover winning days, been a bit on and off for a few years (marriage kids etc) but got a season ticket last season and renewed for this season 10 mins after going on sale but I suppose a first season wonders money is as good as you proper fans, perhaps rename the bishop street after you lot lol
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon May 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Be good if they extend the early bird scheme a few extra weeks to see what new players come in and let the fixtures be released, might get a few more to make the decision. Just my opinion of course.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Upper West » Mon May 29, 2023 6:14 pm

If you get an eticket it comes as a qr code which is much better to scan. You can also screenshot and whatsapp the code. I did it once last season as i could not make a game and it works.

The plastic version has a QR code on.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby AshoverStag » Tue May 30, 2023 8:13 am

Got my season ticket :D

Was my first full season last year, id tried a half season ticket the year before to see if my back held up. I went to all but Newport away last season so benefited from the better performances mainly generated away. Home form was iffy and a tough watch at times. Getting hammered a few times wasn’t a good watch, but hopefully people will renew, it’s a new season, and hopefully some newer fans will have got the bug as I did

Here is hoping we don’t lose too many fans who bought for the first time last season, or older fans who returned
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 30, 2023 12:38 pm

So we have ten days left, am i correct the last official figure was 2000?, what was our total last season ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 30, 2023 1:06 pm

A lot more.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 30, 2023 1:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:So we have ten days left, am i correct the last official figure was 2000?, what was our total last season ?

:)

https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=10452
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue May 30, 2023 2:11 pm

I expect in influx over the next couple of days, due to payday this week
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 30, 2023 2:25 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I expect in influx over the next couple of days, due to payday this week

that’s going to be a concern for the club
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue May 30, 2023 3:36 pm

People bought them last year on the back of our aim is to go one better than last years announcement it didnt happen in fact never even close ,lets just hope we get off to a good start the crowds will return if the results and performances give people a sense of excitement its up to the manager and team to deliver
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 30, 2023 3:50 pm

Costastag wrote:People bought them last year on the back of our aim is to go one better than last years announcement it didnt happen in fact never even close ,lets just hope we get off to a good start the crowds will return if the results and performances give people a sense of excitement its up to the manager and team to deliver

that’s a massive reduction though, would think the board must be concerned
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue May 30, 2023 3:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Costastag wrote:People bought them last year on the back of our aim is to go one better than last years announcement it didnt happen in fact never even close ,lets just hope we get off to a good start the crowds will return if the results and performances give people a sense of excitement its up to the manager and team to deliver

that’s a massive reduction though, would think the board must be concerned[/quote

The board must also have realised there would be implications to last seasons finish ,they in there wisdom have decided NC is the man to take us forward like i say its up to nigel and his team to generate the excitement plus the board to invest in his views
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:10 pm

Can't believe that we don't let fans pay in installments. Even something like Klarna, would have taken some of the monetary pressure off fans.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby NEStag » Tue May 30, 2023 4:32 pm

Let’s hope that there’s a lot more renewed before the deadline. It’s not surprising though - people came in on the back of narrowly missing out at Wembley and a host of decent signings. This year we missed the play offs and there haven’t been the same number of signings so far (admittedly largely because the squad has been retained).

The match day experience can’t help either - the extra ticket holders have caused pressure on facilities and it still seems that we can’t get some of the basics right like serving decent food and drink quickly. The die hard fans will put up with that but your less committed fan might not.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue May 30, 2023 4:49 pm

That was end of July total. 2 months to go! I don’t think it’s going to be far off that this season.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue May 30, 2023 5:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:That was end of July total. 2 months to go! I don’t think it’s going to be far off that this season.

Honestly dont think we will get 3500
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 30, 2023 5:05 pm

Costastag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:That was end of July total. 2 months to go! I don’t think it’s going to be far off that this season.

really hope we get at least 3500, a quality signing might convince a few ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue May 30, 2023 5:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Costastag wrote:

really hope we get at least 3500, a quality signing might convince a few ;)

Of course it will but will swann was the quality signing imo s couple of good centre halfs will help but i honestly think it will need performances on the pitch to bring the crowds back last year was despite the protestations a failure ,ever heard the saying you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant foll all of the people all of the time
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue May 30, 2023 5:38 pm

I'm getting 3 this week. I'm sure there are many in same position as me
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 30, 2023 5:55 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Can't believe that we don't let fans pay in installments. Even something like Klarna, would have taken some of the monetary pressure off fans.

It's possible to do so without the club providing it.

I posted about it earlier so that people feeling the pinch could possibly use their 3 installment plan.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Wed May 31, 2023 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue May 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Could they not add it to insurance payments or the like that one call offer? Probably with the caveat of no early bird prices, or some kind of discount on full price to nearly early bird prices.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue May 30, 2023 7:20 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I'm getting 3 this week. I'm sure there are many in same position as me

Yep not got my 3 yet.

Numbers will be well down on last season, as you'd expect.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Tue May 30, 2023 7:40 pm

Went about 10.30 this morning to purchase 3 tickets. There were 4 in front of me buying multiple tickets and when I left there were 4 behind me.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 30, 2023 8:50 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Can't believe that we don't let fans pay in installments. Even something like Klarna, would have taken some of the monetary pressure off fans.

The problem is that the club tried to do this a few years back and some clever gits spoilt it by cancelling their direct debits with the finance company once they had their mitts on the ticket. Basically they ended up getting free admission for most of the season as there was no connection between the club and the finance company and we didn't have good enough monitoring on the season ticket usage. Would probably work OK now as the tickets could be cancelled and not allow admission, but I guess it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Like everything in life, a small minority spoil things for everyone else.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum