{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sutton Scorefred sponsored by BEERMEN 5.0: GUINNESS

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sutton Scorefred sponsored by BEERMEN 5.0: GUINNESS

Postby broomo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:23 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Just block him parky it's the easiest solution...
You can't to him, at least broomo is up for debate.

Broomo understands its our club and passion for our club and what we've seen and been through.
That condescending Little Bear just churns out biased unfounded ollux

I certainly understand the fact Mansfield is a fairly big club at this level and can understand the frustration of the fans in underachieving and under performing.

I think sometimes Bear is still showing the mentality of "us" being a small club, fighting against the odds and punching above "our" weight. Which was certainly the case when we were watching Burton, but isn't here. He means no harm and usually seems to be looking to taper expectations of wanting too much too quickly.

I personally think the budget will be competitive and that we thought we'd built a squad capable of challenging this season. I believe JR and Carolyn have backed NC as they have done every other manager and I believe if NC asks for more in January he'll get it.

I think Mansfield is a bigger club than Burton in terms of potential but clearly not performance.

I think the fans deserve to have a side that is challenging for promotion and can see why they want it quicker than it seems to be happening but I can't change my opinion that Nigel is the man to deliver that.

I think we all want it to happen as quickly as possible and there's no disguising this season has been both disappointing and under achieving so far.

The main difference is I'm ok if it takes a season or two to get to where we all want to be as long as we get there. Some fans don't have that patience and I get that but also think to myself you've been down here so long it's crazy to keep throwing toys out of the pram. Mansfield SHOULD be a club that is capable of winning this league and challenging the top 6 a division above but for one reason or another that's rarely happened at too many points during your history.

For now I'm happy to be given "one off" memories of good results and good spells, such as going away to Sunderland and playing them off the park, in the hope that leads to a consistent set of memories of big games and big results week in week out.

That's where my faith can be different to most Mansfield fans as far as this manager is concerned. I've been at this building stage at least twice before and he has always delivered.

That's why it's my choice (but doesn't have to be anyone elses) to patiently trust him and to hope the owners feel the same way.

Gradual progression is still progression and that is all I expect (and possibly demand)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:25 isn’t old. A lot of midfielders hit the prime at 28/29 years old.

He’s also not played a lot of games and is still gaining experience. There are loads of example of players who peak early but are done at 30 and alternatively other speak late and play into Thor mid to late 30’s.

He is also excellent at pressing the ball in the opposition third, which is important for our style of play.

I know its not old. But I can see him improving much, he hasn't at all since he joined us despite playing quite a few games.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Bear

I have no problem with you being a part of this board and all new supporters of the club are welcome.

Just a small point, we have 28 games left not 20.

Thanks Sandy 8 games another 24 points to play for
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Harry Charsley needs to start making a regular impact on games like he did last season when he won his new contract. If he cannot do it then we need to bring in a player that can make a regular impact.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Harry Charsley needs to start making a regular impact on games like he did last season when he won his new contract. If he cannot do it then we need to bring in a player that can make a regular impact.

He's the new boo boy apparently, you're not allowed to have an opinion on someone you don't rate.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Harry Charsley needs to start making a regular impact on games like he did last season when he won his new contract. If he cannot do it then we need to bring in a player that can make a regular impact.

He's the new boo boy apparently, you're not allowed to have an opinion on someone you don't rate.

He can’t be the new boo boy. He’s white so isn’t in the demographic according to some. :roll: :roll:
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm

Harry Charsley wasn't selected / in the team for some time but has certainly contributed recently with the assist against Sunderland, albeit somewhat fortuitous, but his pressing caused the keeper to panic. He supplied the final pass at Stevenage for the winning goal and against Scunthorpe, his pass to Jordan Bowery led to him hitting the woodwork then his shot was saved by the keeper enabling Jordan to score from the rebound. He was also unfortunate not to score himself both at Sunderland and again second half against Scunny from James Gale's pass. His fitness/energy and team ethic are of value imo.
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby the saint » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:17 pm

broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Just block him parky it's the easiest solution...
You can't to him, at least broomo is up for debate.

Broomo understands its our club and passion for our club and what we've seen and been through.
That condescending Little Bear just churns out biased unfounded ollux

I certainly understand the fact Mansfield is a fairly big club at this level and can understand the frustration of the fans in underachieving and under performing.

I think sometimes Bear is still showing the mentality of "us" being a small club, fighting against the odds and punching above "our" weight. Which was certainly the case when we were watching Burton, but isn't here. He means no harm and usually seems to be looking to taper expectations of wanting too much too quickly.

I personally think the budget will be competitive and that we thought we'd built a squad capable of challenging this season. I believe JR and Carolyn have backed NC as they have done every other manager and I believe if NC asks for more in January he'll get it.

I think Mansfield is a bigger club than Burton in terms of potential but clearly not performance.

I think the fans deserve to have a side that is challenging for promotion and can see why they want it quicker than it seems to be happening but I can't change my opinion that Nigel is the man to deliver that.

I think we all want it to happen as quickly as possible and there's no disguising this season has been both disappointing and under achieving so far.

The main difference is I'm ok if it takes a season or two to get to where we all want to be as long as we get there. Some fans don't have that patience and I get that but also think to myself you've been down here so long it's crazy to keep throwing toys out of the pram. Mansfield SHOULD be a club that is capable of winning this league and challenging the top 6 a division above but for one reason or another that's rarely happened at too many points during your history.

For now I'm happy to be given "one off" memories of good results and good spells, such as going away to Sunderland and playing them off the park, in the hope that leads to a consistent set of memories of big games and big results week in week out.

That's where my faith can be different to most Mansfield fans as far as this manager is concerned. I've been at this building stage at least twice before and he has always delivered.

That's why it's my choice (but doesn't have to be anyone elses) to patiently trust him and to hope the owners feel the same way.

Gradual progression is still progression and that is all I expect (and possibly demand)
very good post broomo .... very good ...
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martian » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:40 pm

I remember looking down on Donny Rovers for years - perpetual strugglers it seemed - times have changed - looking forward to next weeks visit to the Keepmoat - to see how the other half live
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

He can’t be the new boo boy. He’s white so isn’t in the demographic according to some. :roll: :roll:

Why are you obsessed with race?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

:lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:33 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Why are you obsessed with race?

I’m not. I’m pointing out the ridiculous comments of others. Keep up
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum