{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Christian Eriksen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Christian Eriksen

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Horrible. Announcement that he’s stabilised and I’ve seen a pic that he’s conscious.

What a shocking thing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Christian Eriksen

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Looks like hopefully the medical staff got to him quickly enough, fingers crossed!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:41 pm

Heard he stabilised now, so glad he’s ok, never expect to see anything like this.

Main thing is he will be ok.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:43 pm

I had tears in my eyes watching it, seeing his wife on the pitch and the distress in all the players faces.

Here's hoping for a full recovery.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm

I’ve seen too much of those scenes at bike tracks and wasn’t ready to see it at a football game.
I’m so relieved he’s looking like he’s OK. Got to say that the pics of CPR being carried out were distressing.

Massive respect to the first responders.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 pm

Absolutely dreadful scenes. I agree with Belly that the medics are absolute heroes
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Match is restarting at half seven on players request.

Terrible scenes but seems he has now been stabilised and is awake.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:12 pm

It brought a few tears to my eyes. Medical staff were magnificent. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Feel sick. Thoughts are with him and his family, Fingers crossed he ok and makes a recovery.

Already calls in our community for those responsible to be sacked following instruction to keep showing what was happening. Disgusted.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Just awful. So upsetting.
Hope his recovery continues.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Glad you put this on the Stags forum Whiffy and not ‘other football’. He might never have been a stag or played against us, but this is a football family and I’m so happy if it’s true that he’s pulled through. Watching that was heartbreaking and we probably all feared the worse. He won’t play again I’d have thought, but good look with your recovery Christian. Puts all sport in perspective when this happens.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Scary and puts things into perspective. Amazing work from the first responders.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Very very pleased to hear that he's stabilised. Extremely distressing to watch that kind of thing.

The coverage was disgusting, no other word for it. A massive invasion of the man's privacy and to show images of his distraught wife, whoever pointed that camera needs to be sacked.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:09 pm

88BenM wrote:Very very pleased to hear that he's stabilised. Extremely distressing to watch that kind of thing.

The coverage was disgusting, no other word for it. A massive invasion of the man's privacy and to show images of his distraught wife, whoever pointed that camera needs to be sacked.

It would have been a Danish cameraman, but I suspect that the BBC coverage could have flipped back to the studio earlier.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:21 pm

part time pete wrote:
88BenM wrote:Very very pleased to hear that he's stabilised. Extremely distressing to watch that kind of thing.

It would have been a Danish cameraman, but I suspect that the BBC coverage could have flipped back to the studio earlier.

They couldn’t according to them, the pictures were supplied by UEFA.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:

They couldn’t according to them, the pictures were supplied by UEFA.

I initially thought they could do what they like then learned it was all supplied through uefa. However the BBC did have a director and someone sat vision mixing... They could have cut to replays, a static shot of the ground before the game or anything really if they wanted to.. they have enough VT footage to use in a situation like this, and of course cut to the studio much earlier. Live TV is stressful enough without something like this happening and can imagine who ever was in charge was doing the best they could in the gallery, it's even more stressful when you're supplied someone else's feed.

Who ever was directing on the uefa end needs sacking, a player goes down it's common protocol that you don't show them or replays of the injury or incident. Never mind showing them having CPR and their crying family. I'm still disgusted
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:02 pm

We were all sat watching it, me included and could of turned the tv off if we wanted to.
Made me hope that all sports clubs have defibrillators right down to the grass routes and if those shocking pictures do anything to do that, it might be something.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Apparently Simon Kjær was a bloody hero today. He stopped Eriksen swollowing his tongue, organised the players to form a ring around him for privacy and then comforted his wife.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:31 am

Daft tweet from Didi Hamman this morning criticising the commentators and summarisers for expressing their trauma at watching it. Seemed to imply that unless you’ve played football that you shouldn’t express your shock or feelings. I thought it was good to talk. I think the comments on here show the stupidity of his comment.
You don’t have to know the person to be upset watching them potentially dying.

I was shocked and upset by the scenes and don’t have any issue admitting that.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am

ParisStag wrote:Apparently Simon Kjær was a bloody hero today. He stopped Eriksen swollowing his tongue, organised the players to form a ring around him for privacy and then comforted his wife.

Kjær is a hero mate. Nothing short of a miracle he pulled through. Nothing surprises me with the BBC, they’re a nasty, vindictive organisation at the best of times. If everyone didn’t pay their license, that would help. Lots refuse and even the PM said it should be scrapped. How can you be forced to pay for channels you might not need. Very communist.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:56 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Apparently Simon Kjær was a bloody hero today. He stopped Eriksen swollowing his tongue, organised the players to form a ring around him for privacy and then comforted his wife.

Kjær is a hero mate. Nothing short of a miracle he pulled through. Nothing surprises me with the BBC, they’re a nasty, vindictive organisation at the best of times. If everyone didn’t pay their license, that would help. Lots refuse and even the PM said it should be scrapped. How can you be forced to pay for channels you might not need. Very communist.

All they did was what most broadcasters did. Bring your own agenda into it, but they didn't do differently from the vast majority.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:46 am

That's a bit over the top mate.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:05 am

Very relieved that he has pulled through.

Any chance that some good could come from this terrible event? Such as FIFA explaining why on earth they want footballers to run around in the heat of Qatar for the next World Cup? The money raised from the fining of the breakaway 6 USL clubs being used to provide defibrillators for as many grass roots clubs as is possible? The ever increasing congested fixture list being reviewed for the health of players and not the need for money? A protocol for broadcasting companies for how to behave when such appalling, ‘one off’ events happen (though I seriously hope we don’t need this). What happens during the game, if heaven forbid, a spectator is taken seriously ill, will the game continue or stopped for an indefinite period to allow correct medical treatment?

Not being cynical but I reckon more UEFA management thinking and strategising went into the little clown car delivering the match ball than thinking of how to deal with the unthinkable.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:44 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

About as nasty as using a mans near death as an excuse to put across your political agenda eh.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:08 am

oldweststander wrote:

That's a bit over the top mate.

Believe me its not over the top... Someone was sat there directing through that, telling them which camera to cut to, how long to hold it for and to find his family.

I get it, that when it initially happened no one that wasn't close to the action fully knew what was happening or how serious it was but it didn't take long for those watching to realise. Thats the moment they should have stopped and cut away.

Fabrice Muamba collapsed, They realise its serious when he gets rolled over and that's that, even the commentator said "Our cameras will be keeping a safe distance from this"

You're always told and trained that in the event of something happening like this you do not flipping zoom in on a guy having CPR as he lays there dying on a football pitch. You don't not show his family crying to millions. You immediately stay as wide as possible and show anything but the incident. No replays nothing. The main point of wide cameras in broadcast is in the event of horrific injury, it keeps the viewer there without having to see anything in detail. I believe those running the broadcast failed miserably.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum