{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List 2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby part time pete » Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 pm

These were the EFL rules, not sure if they are still valid.

43.9 Squad Lists

43.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad
List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player;

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:
(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 pm

Definition. UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.
part time pete

Postby part time pete » Tue May 11, 2021 10:34 pm

PFA don’t like the idea of squad size limits.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56666478
part time pete

Postby Opus » Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am

Thanks for confirming th
at Pete.
How then does our last seasons squad size of 32 fit in with that
4 out on loan possibly excluded (not sure about that) and 3 home grown players under 21 bring it down to 26.For next season 6 players leave the club brings the squad size to 20, the permitted size. How can we therefore recruit more in the close season.
If we are obliged to name 8 home grown players who are they
Ray
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed May 12, 2021 7:10 am

Home grown isn’t an issue, if you read the definition. It means playing for an English club for three years between the age of 15 and 21

Long term injured players can be ‘delisted’ eg Riley. Also under 21 year old before season starts are also excluded. Players loaned out also don’t count.
part time pete

Postby part time pete » Wed May 12, 2021 7:15 am

This was our official squad list at the beginning of the season

EFL
NOTIFICATION OF SHIRT NUMBERS : Mansfield Town
1 Stech, Marek
2 O'Keeffe, Corey James John
3 Benning, Malvind Singh
4 Menayese, Rollin
5 Sweeney, Ryan Joseph
6 Rawson, Farrend James
7 Charsley, Henry William James
8 Clarke (O Clarke), Oliver Anthony
9 Bowery, Jordan Nathaniel
10 Maris, George Thomas
11 Cook, Andrew Ellis
12 Gordon, Kellan Sheene
14 Perch, James Robert
15 O'Driscoll, Aaron Maurice
18 Riley, Joseph Michael
19 Reid, James Tyrrell
21 Clarke (J Clarke), James Michael Neil
22 Maynard, Nicholas David
27 Sinclair, Tyrese
28 Knowles, Jimmy
29 Law, Jason
30 Smith, Alistair Oluwashaun
31 Stone, Aidan Thomas
32 Rose, Daniel Antony
33 Scott, Joshua David
36 Walker, Aiden
37 Campbell, Maison Scott

27 players
part time pete

Postby Sedgwick » Wed May 12, 2021 7:29 am

gazza1988 wrote:Well clough is in the market for 3 goalkeepers. He's said he prefers 3 keepers. He's released 1, transfer listed another and the other has returned to his parent club. He wants to sign 6-8 players. So are 3-5 going to be outfield players?

It's also possible some who have been retained, but not listed, could be transfer listed or loaned out further down the line if he gets certain targets in?

Yeah of course... I imagine he will be looking at a few like Rollin over the summer and will probably loan then out if needed.

Stech and Corey he's early not impressed with and they will probably leave on a free transfer somewhere.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 12, 2021 8:27 am

Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Well clough is in the market for 3 goalkeepers. He's said he prefers 3 keepers. He's released 1, transfer listed another and the other has returned to his parent club. He wants to sign 6-8 players. So are 3-5 going to be outfield players?

It's also possible some who have been retained, but not listed, could be transfer listed or loaned out further down the line if he gets certain targets in?

Yeah of course... I imagine he will be looking at a few like Rollin over the summer and will probably loan then out if needed.

Stech and Corey he's early not impressed with and they will probably leave on a free transfer somewhere.

I don't get it with O'Keefe, he looked decent in the first few games of the season and then poof...
disappeared. Bad attitude? Poor in training? Both?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Certainly. Stech, I can see why he made the decision. O'Keeffe is a strange one. He was one of the stand out oleaters early this season. He had a few sporadic appearances of a few minutes and one start in the 3rd round of the cup where he made a mistake giving the ball away and we haven't seen him since.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it and he just wanted to move back home to Ireland (considering he went back on loan there, players do get homesick) but with him wearing the number 2 he could have been promised to play every game by Coughlan and he hasn't got that time. A little bit like Maynard and Cook.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 12, 2021 8:54 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Certainly. Stech, I can see why he made the decision. O'Keeffe is a strange one. He was one of the stand out oleaters early this season. He had a few sporadic appearances of a few minutes and one start in the 3rd round of the cup where he made a mistake giving the ball away and we haven't seen him since.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it and he just wanted to move back home to Ireland (considering he went back on loan there, players do get homesick) but with him wearing the number 2 he could have been promised to play every game by Coughlan and he hasn't got that time. A little bit like Maynard and Cook.

O’Keeffe has never played club football in Ireland, and was born and raised in Birmingham.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:27 am

I have looked on the list of players released and not found one that has been influential in our season, whatever happens in players private life, should be their business.
The manager decides who is good for the team, thats his job, Some clubs will lose Quality players over this transfer window even though offered new contracts
Lets hope we do not. what i do know their will be no player power even if he is a fans favourite at Mansfield Town, only team players will be .
here
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:33 am

Yeah for some reason I had him confused with O'Driscoll. Never mind me.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Good to see Josh Scott is still on the books although he will probably be in competition with Tyrese Sinclair, James Clarke, Jimmy Knowles, Nathan Caine, Ethan Hill and George Cooper for one of the three "young lad" spots in the squad.....and even possibly Jason Law. :lol:

Any news on what has happened to Kyle Tomlin and Kian Sketchley? Are they still on the books?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby pinXton8oy » Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 am

Sorry to see young Aiden Walker released. He doesn't appear to have been given much of a chance in my opinion.
Watched the under 18's at Brooksby College 3 times a few years ago with my brother in law who is an FA Scout. He played in the same year as Keaton Ward who was attracting all the attention from football league scouts.
We were both impressed with Aiden Walker who played right side centre back and never put a foot wrong . He had pace, a good touch, strong in the tackle and passed the ball very well. He also carried the ball out of defence when the opportunity came and scored 3 goals in 2 games. Pity the only first team game(s) he played were in pre season friendly(s) at left sided centre back even though he's naturally right footed.
I wish him well and hope he get's picked up by a decent club.
pinXton8oy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 17, 2021 10:26 pm

a highlights reel of Rollin Menayese's season: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_D-kogENZ/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Tue May 18, 2021 7:56 am

Martin Shaw wrote:a highlights reel of Rollin Menayese's season: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_D-kogENZ/

That's a saucy soundtrack. Needs a Parental Advisory sticker. :D

Rollin' could still play a part for us if he has a good preseason. There's a player in there, just needs to cut out the errors.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue May 18, 2021 9:26 am

Martin Shaw wrote:a highlights reel of Rollin Menayese's season: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_D-kogENZ/

He's better than Sweeney imo. Stronger, more athletic and quicker by the looks of it. I hope he comes good
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Tue May 18, 2021 6:19 pm

if he had two feet the world would be his oyster
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Updating the jigsaw puzzle

3 Goalkeepers
Keeper 1
Keeper 2:
Keeper 3: Jamie Pardington (on loan)?

17 Senior Outfield Players
Kellan Gordon
James Perch
Stephen McLaughlin
Farrend Rawson
Rollin Menayese
Elliott Hewitt
George Maris
George Lapslie
Ollie Clarke
Harry Charsley
Jordan Bowery
Jamie Reid
New Signing 1 (Centre Half x 1)
New Signing 3 (Left Back)
New Signing 4 (Midfield/Wide Player)
New Signing 5 (Forward x 1)
New Signing 6 (Forward x 2)

3 Youngsters
Jason Law
Tyrese Sinclair
Jimmy Knowles
James Clarke
Josh Scott
Keaton Ward?
Jayden Charles?

Transfer Listed
Marek Stech
Corey O'Keeffe
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed May 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Hasn’t there been three other youngsters who have signed pro contracts recently.
part time pete

Postby Ridge » Tue May 17, 2022 5:34 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s no need to assume Bobby, we know the length of pretty much every players contract.

Seems like some expected Coughlan's signings to be expunged when we knew that wasn't going to be the case.

We've finally got a good midfield, we've just got to get what's Infront and behind right this time. Looking forward for the daft Twitter rumours to be posted every 5 minutes and someone pulling them up on the fake accounts :lol:

you don't need to look forward to someone calling out the fake accounts, we can do it now!

fake accounts (made up or copied from other sources):
@efl_hub EFL HUB
@TRANSFERNEWSEFL EFLTRANSFERTALK
@TransferCentre9 TC9
@league_agent FootballLeagueAgent

Genuine accounts (don't necessarily get all things right, but are not made up):
@ex_goodwin Ex Agent James Goodwin
@reluctantnicko Alan Nixon
instagram.com/nonleaguefiles
Also, accounts like Bristol Post etc

Martin - Ex Agent James Goodwin is a fake account. Thread here:
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 17, 2022 5:43 am

Oh dear :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 am

yes. I saw this a couple of weeks ago :lol: Is he lying now or for the previous two years? :lol:

Musings has a theory which I'll leave him to post.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby daddycool » Tue May 17, 2022 8:23 am

Martian wrote:if he had two feet the world would be his oyster

He struggles to get in the Walsall team . So I doubt he’s good enough for the stags
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 17, 2022 12:08 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:yes. I saw this a couple of weeks ago :lol: Is he lying now or for the previous two years? :lol:

Musings has a theory which I'll leave him to post.

I think the original account may have been genuine (maybe not an agent, but had genuine info), but the new account which appeared was a copycat.

As someone has pointed out in the thread, he got plenty right whether he was receiving information or not, so he clearly had some skill as a researcher and it was still a useful account to follow.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum