{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Exiles scorefred sponsored by go for the win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Exiles scorefred sponsored by go for the win

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 am

:) Coming to the end of the season and would be nice to go on a unbeaten run building confidence going into next season.

Super Stags 1 Newport 0 Laws :D

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by go for the win

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 am

I think we will win this one 2-1. Then we can all breath a sigh of relief.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:11 pm

We'll lose this now. I can feel it, something's not right. However I could be wrong.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Newport County having a good season, but again a level playing field, they have picked up 6 points in there last 5 games, while the Stags have picked up 4 points, going for broke on this game yes a home win
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 pm

We have a good record against Newport at home. I fancy us for at least a point and a decent chance of a win.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:59 pm

a win would be great and ease the pressure on the team.

a scrappy 1 0.win for us
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 pm

bear 73 wrote:Newport County having a good season, but again a level playing field, they have picked up 6 points in there last 5 games, while the Stags have picked up 4 points, going for broke on this game yes a home win
True but they started the season on fire are were top with points to spare after 10 or 11 games. Think they had won 8 out of their first ten league games compared to MTFC's zero. Since then they have a negative record whilst we are neutral in wins v losses. This is the game we need to target and go all in for a win from the get go as a win is well overdue. We can then play out the last five games without any pressure.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Shame there’s no crowds.

Can’t beat big international nights at FM.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:30 pm

Ref is Chris Pollard
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:27 pm

The One wrote:Ref is Chris Pollard

He was the referee for our home game vs Exeter earlier in the season when we lost 1-2.

https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... tchid=1051

Only other game he has reffed us was his first EFL game last season vs Morecambe (drew 2-2 at home)

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1002

Both games, Martin says he is reluctant to give us penalties. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm

I'll watch the game but to be honest the current standard of football we are playing is "dire" Hoping for a win but at least a draw and the statistics move on....since the winter weather enforced break we have won just 2 out of 16 games.. goals For 13 Against 21 giving us just 13 points. Translate that into 46 games and we would have been in big big trouble... good job we had that blip of winning 5 games on the trot. Looking forward to a big clear out in the Summer of the many players who are simply not good enough and for who the non League beckons
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:31 pm

part time pete wrote:
The One wrote:Ref is Chris Pollard

He was the referee for our home game vs Exeter earlier in the season when we lost 1-2.

https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... tchid=1051

Only other game he has reffed us was his first EFL game last season vs Morecambe (drew 2-2 at home)

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1002

Both games, Martin says he is reluctant to give us penalties. :lol:

Could have done with him for the away match then!
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:32 pm

diablo wrote:I'll watch the game but to be honest the current standard of football we are playing is "dire" Hoping for a win but at least a draw and the statistics move on....since the winter weather enforced break we have won just 2 out of 16 games.. goals For 13 Against 21 giving us just 13 points. Translate that into 46 games and we would have been in big big trouble... good job we had that blip of winning 5 games on the trot. Looking forward to a big clear out in the Summer of the many players who are simply not good enough and for who the non League beckons

I wouldn't expect or assume a 'big clear out'. Like many have said, most of these players signed last summer so they'll probably be on two year deals and could prove hard to shift.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Bore draw me thinks
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby diablo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
diablo wrote:I'll watch the game but to be honest the current standard of football we are playing is "dire" Hoping for a win but at least a draw and the statistics move on....since the winter weather enforced break we have won just 2 out of 16 games.. goals For 13 Against 21 giving us just 13 points. Translate that into 46 games and we would have been in big big trouble... good job we had that blip of winning 5 games on the trot. Looking forward to a big clear out in the Summer of the many players who are simply not good enough and for who the non League beckons

I wouldn't expect or assume a 'big clear out'. Like many have said, most of these players signed last summer so they'll probably be on two year deals and could prove hard to shift.

Well in that case expect a long hard 21/22
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm

diablo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Well in that case expect a long hard 21/22

Is anyone expecting next season to be a walk in the park? I'm certainly not, even if there is a big clear out.

If fans start thinking promotion will be easy or a given next season due to Clough/bigger budget they'll be in for a surprise!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 am

Nothing surprises me about our club anymore.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am

Clough said something in an interview the other week along the lines of ''If I get the players i want then we will be there or thereabouts, if we don't and I have to go for other options then we may be around the play offs''
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:00 am

lifestags wrote:Clough said something in an interview the other week along the lines of ''If I get the players i want then we will be there or thereabouts, if we don't and I have to go for other options then we may be around the play offs''

Of course our ambitions will be high, Clough won't say 'yeah I'm aiming for a steady 11th placed finish next season' is he?

Im reaching into the future, but I just hope he's still with us even if we're still in league two after next season
Need to get through this one first anyway!

I think stags will nick this 2-1 and surprise everyone again.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 am

I disagree that our style of play is dire. You can say the results have been, but we have played good stuff in the majority of games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am

The football we are playing is certainly not dire. We get the ball down and look to pass it and generally give the opposition a good game. Most away commentators have said we look a decent football side.

Higgo (Dave Higgins) at Tranmere got carried away and said if we scored a goal in the 1st half when we were on top then he could see us running away with it and winning 3 or 4-0. :lol:
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

I disagree that our style of play is dire. You can say the results have been, but we have played good stuff in the majority of games.

I would say its more negative rather than dire... Far too many backward passes and lack of clearcut chances.
If it wasnt for the frankly disastrous 1st half of the season under GC im sure we would be comfortably in the top half atm
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 am

It’s not dire but a case of digging results out by any means with the squad available
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am

Fine margins. If we had supplied a few more quality crosses, converted a few more chances or even scored a few goals from our numerous corners and turned draws into wins then everybody would have been buzzing.

We are heading in the right direction under NC and he has not had a proper chance to sign his own players yet.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Kick Off Time Tomorrow

Postby Stagdale » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 am

Anybody know why we are kicking off at 6 o'clock tomorrow instead of 3 o'clock on Saturday. Seams a very strange start time.

Some people may not be home from work at 6 o'clock.
Stagdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum