{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:25 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:30 pm

Just been down to get my Season Ticket sorted, very easy and efficient process.

Only half a dozen in queue and only had to wait a minute or two with two windows serving.

Discount applied was £73.02 which was off the early bird price of £280 which I paid.

I also exchanged two Salford away and two Colchester away tickets for four vouchers for home cup games.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby acasman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Pete - so discount came off immediately ? I didn't check as I was buying 6 at different rates but tonight realised no discount had been applied.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Danielle SLO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Good Evening, the discount was not applied automatically.
Everyone was asked which option of the Chairman’s generous offer they would like to take. If they chose Option 1 it was for permission for the club to retain the monies in order to help sustain it.
Option 2 receive 6 match ticket vouchers in lieu of the 6 cancelled games
Option 3 Exchange monies on a pro rata basis by way of a pro rata 6 match discount in a new season ticket
Option 4 Request a full refund for the 6 cancelled matches by Sept 11
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KJW STAG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:14 pm

I know they must be busy selling ST but if the buyer does not mention the option you would like to think the sellers would remind them of option 1,2,3,4.
and not take it to mean it is option 1 and proceed with sale .

Just a thought.
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kernow » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 pm

I was asked if I wanted a refund and declined the same.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:31 am

If everyone was asked which option they wanted to take before purchase, then that's the correct way to go about it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby acasman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:38 am

To be clear. I wasn't offered an option. I made an assumption. I also have to admit I hadn't read the detail on season tickets before going down. They also made another error in that they've charged full price for a pensioner.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby acasman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:48 am

Though not offered an option I gave them a list of all numbers, season ticket details and whether the individuals wanted refunds or tickets. From what you are saying I should have had a reduced price for all those requesting it rather than await some later refund ?
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kernow » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:08 am

I spoke to eight fans who went yesterday, all were offered refunds, seven declined the offer and one accepted
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 am

Kernow wrote:I spoke to eight fans who went yesterday, all were offered refunds, seven declined the offer and one accepted

In the current climate that’s fantastic. Pat on the back for those folk who can do it. Even if you are financially able, it’s still a great gesture to donate that money to the club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby+2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 pm

its strange i want my old 3 seats told they had been sold they had but only two .So they cannot sell the third seat because of distancing mine are three further along have taken someones who wanted four would have been better just to see who renewed first then allocate The genteman who sat at our side who has gone most of his life he must be in his 80s now cannot get his seat as well and he needs to be near the lift
nobby+2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:43 pm

nobby+2 wrote:its strange i want my old 3 seats told they had been sold they had but only two .So they cannot sell the third seat because of distancing mine are three further along have taken someones who wanted four would have been better just to see who renewed first then allocate The genteman who sat at our side who has gone most of his life he must be in his 80s now cannot get his seat as well and he needs to be near the lift

Phew full stops
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 pm

On the plus side, when season tickets are issued for 2021/2022 the allocation list is based upon 2019/20 seating. So despite having to watch the Stags this season in a differing seat with not your usual view you will be able to again, hopefully.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagofthedump » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:08 pm

I emailed the ticket office early yesterday morning but not heard anything back, is this normal. I normally go down but isolating currently
Stagofthedump
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Just did mine - very efficient - had to wait 4 or 5 mins on hold and then sorted it over the phone. the guy asked me before I paid which option I wanted. All very easy.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:13 pm

nobby+2 wrote:its strange i want my old 3 seats told they had been sold they had but only two .So they cannot sell the third seat because of distancing mine are three further along have taken someones who wanted four would have been better just to see who renewed first then allocate The genteman who sat at our side who has gone most of his life he must be in his 80s now cannot get his seat as well and he needs to be near the lift

Unfortunately under the present situation these kind of things will happen. I guess the sooner you apply the nearer to the desired place you will be. I think to wait and see who renewed and then allocate a seat, to as near as their original seat, would still have proved disappointing for some. It would have also made a the task a lot harder.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Me and my mate’s seats last season were unavailable as the row we sat on was blocked due to Covid restrictions as every other row could not be sold.

We were then offered seats in the row in front of our normal row, but there was a two seat gap between our offered seats because of social distancing.

So overall only seem to be selling one in six of total seats.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:44 pm

part time pete wrote:Me and my mate’s seats last season were unavailable as the row we sat on was blocked due to Covid restrictions as every other row could not be sold.

We were then offered seats in the row in front of our normal row, but there was a two seat gap between our offered seats because of social distancing.

this would suggest a capacity in the region of 1500
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Me and my mate’s seats last season were unavailable as the row we sat on was blocked due to Covid restrictions as every other row could not be sold.

It might be worth asking the club how many seats are available to be sold and if there is any danger of present season ticket holders leaving it too late to guarantee a seat this season.

I didn’t see seating plans of other stands only the upper west stand.

Other stands might be sold differently as risk assessments might be different perhaps due to the less enclosed stands in lower west due to a greater distance from seat to roof compared to upper west stand from seat to roof.

We also need to add in the room in lower west to accommodate social distancing substitutes and other staff seats.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 pm

part time pete wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

It might be worth asking the club how many seats are available to be sold and if there is any danger of present season ticket holders leaving it too late to guarantee a seat this season.

I didn’t see seating plans of other stands only the upper west stand.

Other stands might be sold differently as risk assessments might be different perhaps due to the less enclosed stands in lower west due to a greater distance from seat to roof compared to upper west stand from seat to roof.

We also need to add in the room in lower west to accommodate social distancing substitutes and other staff seats.

Well I think it's clearly well under 2406 (last season's number of season ticket holders)
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ian23 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Presumably if non season ticket holders and on the day attendees cant attend due to the restrictions and the stadium being at 'capacity' will ifollow live streams be available in the UK to anyone for saturday 3pm kick offs?
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:27 pm

ian23 wrote:Presumably if non season ticket holders and on the day attendees cant attend due to the restrictions and the stadium being at 'capacity' will ifollow live streams be available in the UK to anyone for saturday 3pm kick offs?

Whilst matches are played behind closed doors, they will be available to view on iFollow. I would guess this would be on a match-by-match pass basis as the season starts.

I expect the same will be the case when only small numbers are allowed into the ground under social distancing. This has not yet been confirmed by EFL though.

When we get to a stage of full numbers being allowed back (if indeed that does happen this season), the position is not clear. Last season, it was not allowed under broadcasting rules to show Saturday games to a UK audience on iFollow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chris M » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Just learnt tonight that no seats are available in WSL Block E for season ticket holders, as being saved for players families. This is a great shame as we have sat close to many friends for years in that block. One friend has been moved to Block C WSL, as a consequence of this change.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Chris M wrote:Just learnt tonight that no seats are available in WSL Block E for season ticket holders, as being saved for players families. This is a great shame as we have sat close to many friends for years in that block. One friend has been moved to Block C WSL, as a consequence of this change.

Both blocks behind dugouts have been shut for fans. Hopefully be back to normal next season.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum