{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 am

Hello everyone! I’ve just joined stagsnet to let you know that I’ve started a mansfield town page over on Reddit that id like to invite you all to join.

If you aren’t sure how Reddit works, essentially, everyone is able to post photos, topics for discussions or pretty much anything relating to the stags over on that page and other people are able to comment and weigh in with opinions and discuss the stags.

If you’re interested in joining the Reddit page I’ve linked it below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stags/

Thanks!
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 am

A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21099
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:04 am

Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Never heard of stagsmet before, is it any good?

Many clubs have multiple message boards, a bit of healthy competition never hurts anyone.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:15 am

Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Partially but not really. While I get what you mean Stagsnet seems to be more for like discussing news and current goings on at the club which is great and I’m glad I’ve signed up, however, on Reddit it’s a place for any post Mansfield related at all.

For instance, if you wanted to post a picture you got with a player at a game to show other stags fans it could go there. If you wanted to show off your collection of old shirts or programmes it could go there. If you’d done some artwork relating to the club it could go there. The similarity is that you can also discuss news on there as well.
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am

mxttberry wrote:
Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Partially but not really. While I get what you mean Stagsnet seems to be more for like discussing news and current goings on at the club which is great and I’m glad I’ve signed up, however, on Reddit it’s a place for any post Mansfield related at all.

For instance, if you wanted to post a picture you got with a player at a game to show other stags fans it could go there. If you wanted to show off your collection of old shirts or programmes it could go there. If you’d done some artwork relating to the club it could go there. The similarity is that you can also discuss news on there as well.


Don't worry mate. It's unfortunate your post was first seen by old misery guts.
Hopefully he won't darken your site
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:56 am

mxttberry wrote:Hello everyone! I’ve just joined stagsnet to let you know that I’ve started a mansfield town page over on Reddit that id like to invite you all to join.

If you aren’t sure how Reddit works, essentially, everyone is able to post photos, topics for discussions or pretty much anything relating to the stags over on that page and other people are able to comment and weigh in with opinions and discuss the stags.

If you’re interested in joining the Reddit page I’ve linked it below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stags/

Thanks!

good luck with your new page.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20630
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:47 am

Can we swear over there? Because the fact we can't swear on here is flipping raspberry
Next PYHBO! Issue due first game back.

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby KJW STAG » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 am

:D Name reminds me of the frog who went to the Library ,Reddit,Reddit ,Reddit. :oops:
KJW STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:36 am

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:24 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Can we swear over there? Because the fact we can't swear on here is flipping raspberry


Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s NOT being abusive to anyone else using the site.
Last edited by mxttberry on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
mxttberry wrote:
Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Partially but not really. While I get what you mean Stagsnet seems to be more for like discussing news and current goings on at the club which is great and I’m glad I’ve signed up, however, on Reddit it’s a place for any post Mansfield related at all.

For instance, if you wanted to post a picture you got with a player at a game to show other stags fans it could go there. If you wanted to show off your collection of old shirts or programmes it could go there. If you’d done some artwork relating to the club it could go there. The similarity is that you can also discuss news on there as well.


Don't worry mate. It's unfortunate your post was first seen by old misery guts.
Hopefully he won't darken your site

:lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21099
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm

mxttberry wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Can we swear over there? Because the fact we can't swear on here is flipping raspberry


Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s being abusive to anyone else using the site.


Weird flex but ok
Next PYHBO! Issue due first game back.

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:37 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
mxttberry wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Can we swear over there? Because the fact we can't swear on here is flipping raspberry


Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s being abusive to anyone else using the site.


Weird flex but ok


MY MISTAKE! Hopefully you were able to gather that I missed the word NOT in the middle of that reply mate. Let me try again haha.

Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s NOT being abusive to anyone else using the site.
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
mxttberry wrote:
Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Partially but not really. While I get what you mean Stagsnet seems to be more for like discussing news and current goings on at the club which is great and I’m glad I’ve signed up, however, on Reddit it’s a place for any post Mansfield related at all.

For instance, if you wanted to post a picture you got with a player at a game to show other stags fans it could go there. If you wanted to show off your collection of old shirts or programmes it could go there. If you’d done some artwork relating to the club it could go there. The similarity is that you can also discuss news on there as well.


Don't worry mate. It's unfortunate your post was first seen by old misery guts.
Hopefully he won't darken your site

:lol:

Maybe come along and try it mate, you might like it
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby mxttberry » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
mxttberry wrote:Hello everyone! I’ve just joined stagsnet to let you know that I’ve started a mansfield town page over on Reddit that id like to invite you all to join.

If you aren’t sure how Reddit works, essentially, everyone is able to post photos, topics for discussions or pretty much anything relating to the stags over on that page and other people are able to comment and weigh in with opinions and discuss the stags.

If you’re interested in joining the Reddit page I’ve linked it below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stags/

Thanks!

good luck with your new page.

Thanks Martin
mxttberry
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Jimstag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Might reach out into a different group of fans e.g. generally younger folk who use reddit?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby ParisStag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm

mxttberry wrote:
Spiritater wrote:A bit like that message board we already have, what's it called again Stagsmet?


Partially but not really. While I get what you mean Stagsnet seems to be more for like discussing news and current goings on at the club which is great and I’m glad I’ve signed up, however, on Reddit it’s a place for any post Mansfield related at all.

For instance, if you wanted to post a picture you got with a player at a game to show other stags fans it could go there. If you wanted to show off your collection of old shirts or programmes it could go there. If you’d done some artwork relating to the club it could go there. The similarity is that you can also discuss news on there as well.


So like the Facebook group then?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Mansfield Town Reddit Page

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:48 pm

mxttberry wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
mxttberry wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Can we swear over there? Because the fact we can't swear on here is flipping raspberry


Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s being abusive to anyone else using the site.


Weird flex but ok


MY MISTAKE! Hopefully you were able to gather that I missed the word NOT in the middle of that reply mate. Let me try again haha.

Yes mate, you can swear as much as you like as long as it’s NOT being abusive to anyone else using the site.

But if you cut the swearing out then that's half the battle with being abusive. Anyway I'll stay clear if it's gonna be a swear fest.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21099
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Sandy Pate Best Stag, YELLOWSPROUT and 28 guests