{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield ... now wound up

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macclesfield ... now wound up

Postby Kernow » Thu May 07, 2020 11:03 am

Deducted 7 points down to 23rd.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Macclesfield Penalty

Postby Kernow » Thu May 07, 2020 11:30 am

22nd sorry, Macclesfield and Morecambe 3points above Stevenage who have a game in hand. Going to be interesting!!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:45 am

Kernow wrote:22nd sorry, Macclesfield and Morecambe 3points above Stevenage who have a game in hand. Going to be interesting!!

Probably won’t be, there’s a good chance that leagues 1&2 won’t kick a ball again this season.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 07, 2020 11:46 am

Surely it's purely academic now. I can't see any relegation this season (if it is a season).
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Thu May 07, 2020 12:28 pm

There's no point to this penalty unless the season gets finished, which is looking less and less likely. I presume if the season is aborted the penalty will be carried forward to a new season?
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kernow » Thu May 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Can see a court case looming lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Macclesfield should be thrown out. Barrow to replace them. Embarrassing.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu May 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Just looked at the table for the first time in what feels like months and I’d completely forgot we were sat in 21st. Christ, what an embarrassing season.

I’ve absolutely no appetite for this league 2 campaign to resume. For entirely selfish reasons I hope it’s brought to a conclusion somehow without a ball being kicked and we can just start fresh around September time.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Macclesfield have failed to pay their players on time 5 times this season. They need to be thrown out of the league.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Just looked at the table for the first time in what feels like months and I’d completely forgot we were sat in 21st. Christ, what an embarrassing season.

I’ve absolutely no appetite for this league 2 campaign to resume. For entirely selfish reasons I hope it’s brought to a conclusion somehow without a ball being kicked and we can just start fresh around September time.

At last.

Someone being honest about why they want the season to end, and not pretending to be Saint Staggie of the NHS. Thank you. ;) ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 07, 2020 4:40 pm

This season has been a shambles, the sooner it’s put to bed and we can forget all about it the better!
Roll on a fresh Dawn I say
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Big yella wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Just looked at the table for the first time in what feels like months and I’d completely forgot we were sat in 21st. Christ, what an embarrassing season.

At last.

Someone being honest about why they want the season to end, and not pretending to be Saint Staggie of the NHS. Thank you. ;) ;) :lol:

From a selfish point of view it makes absolutely no difference to MTFC as we will be neither relegated or promoted. It is just impossible to end the season in anything like a fair manner whichever side of the fence you sit on
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:This season has been a shambles, the sooner it’s put to bed and we can forget all about it the better!

Tried that once . Misread her signals at a party .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri May 08, 2020 7:41 am

Does anyone think they will survive the current conditions? If they can’t pay staff in normal conditions how are they going to with reduced income?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri May 08, 2020 9:23 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

At last.

From a selfish point of view it makes absolutely no difference to MTFC as we will be neither relegated or promoted. It is just impossible to end the season in anything like a fair manner whichever side of the fence you sit on

I just find it funny that one of the biggest cluster****s of a season we’ve ever had given the resources at our disposal goes on forever :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jimdadstag » Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 pm

victor A block wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:This season has been a shambles, the sooner it’s put to bed and we can forget all about it the better!

Tried that once . Misread her signals at a party .

Didn't get up at the crack of dawn then.......sorry it was begging for it
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Tue May 12, 2020 6:37 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Macclesfield should be thrown out. Barrow to replace them. Embarrassing.

Barrow are likely to go up no matter what else happens, they will replace Bury.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Macclesfield should be thrown out. Barrow to replace them. Embarrassing.

A case of careful what you wish for - Macclesfield being thrown out would result in the 3rd highest team in the conference coming up (assuming Stevenage go down and Harrogate replace them) which is of course Notts county.

Think we’d all be in agreement that we wouldn’t want that to happen.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 pm

adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

A case of careful what you wish for - Macclesfield being thrown out would result in the 3rd highest team in the conference coming up (assuming Stevenage go down and Harrogate replace them) which is of course Notts county.

Personally I’d expect this to save Stevenage rather than promote County? Are there any presidents from the past?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Jimstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Personally I’d expect this to save Stevenage rather than promote County? Are there any presidents from the past?

Coronovirus pandemics have been noticeably missing in the past.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jimstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Coronovirus pandemics have been noticeably missing in the past.

:lol: Thankfully not

I was thinking where teams have been denied promotion on ground regulations I’m sure the relegated team got a reprieve rather than the next team down getting promoted? Whether this would be applied saving Stevenage to make up the numbers rather than county?

Or if they are thrown out would league 2 run with 1 less team a bit like league 1 has done this season with Bury going?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Jimstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

So barrow and Harrogate come up and Stevenage don’t go down. Guess that would probably be how they do it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm

adamstag wrote:
Jimstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

So barrow and Harrogate come up and Stevenage don’t go down. Guess that would probably be how they do it.

One will have to go down from EFL 2 if they are to promote 2 into it. So Stevenage likely to go unless they decide to only promote the champions.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 pm

I hope they dont relegate Macc this season, we need someone likely to be bottom 2 next season, unless we rapidly improve!!!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 13, 2020 8:51 pm

I'm still not convinced that there will be any relegations this season in any of the leagues. That would probably mean no promotions unless one goes up to league one to make the numbers up.

If that did happen one club could still be promoted from the national league and it would be up to that league to decide who.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum