{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Postby Chadman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

A very interesting read - Paul Anderson has opened up fully for the first time over how badly affected he was by being frozen out at Mansfield

All sorts of rumours were abound at the time but nothing ever substantiated.

So why was he frozen out if he was so desperate to play and says he has no idea why he was treated as he was?

He was certainly a hugely talented player before arrival and impressed early on.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/e ... re-2518625
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am

Do the Chad have Paul Anderson on retainer? Sure we have an update from him every couple of months :lol:

Manager didn't rate him, that's football. If he wasn't on such a big contract we'd have been able to shift him but we were stuck in no mans land with him. Definitely not a 'star'!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 pm

I definitely wouldn't call Anderson a star
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Top 10 of the worst players I’ve ever seen for me
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:04 pm

kyle b wrote:Top 10 of the worst players I’ve ever seen for me

that’s a massive statement :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:56 pm

I think most Mansfield fans needed counselling after watching him play.

Bloody fraud of a footballer
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Let's hope he doesn't read this thread or he might need some more counselling.
Good luck to him.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm

chip63 wrote:Let's hope he doesn't read this thread or he might need some more counselling.
Good luck to him.

I know. Play pretty dreadful stuff pretty much throughout his time here, get critisism for it then get stressed jeez.

Really washes with everything that’s going on just now, your heart really bleeds how someone on around £3k a week must be feeling when folk are worrying about making ends meat across the land.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 pm

The thing is, he was transfer listed in summer 2018. He wouldn't have coped with the demands of being a right wing back (in my opinion). He'd be in competition with Hayden White let's be honest here Anderson would have been a backup player at best. I don't think it's a case of Flitcroft didn't "rate" him just he was surplus to requirements.

Flitcroft needed his wage freeing up. Let's be honest here, he wasn't here cheap and played a position we wouldn't be utilising often.

There were rumours around that summer where clubs would take him but wages was an issue. The most ironic thing about it is he probably could have earned the same as he ended up with had he just took the pay cut and not have the stress. What did he think? A manager was going to rip up his ideals and preferred formation and style just to suit 1 player who the previous manager played out of position?

From what I can tell he had the opportunity to avoid all this but chose to stick around.

Next time the chad talks to him ask him if there was any interest in him when he was transfer listed and if he says yes then ask why he didn't move on then. If no, ask him why he thinks that is. After he was released he went to league 1 so I doubt there was no interest.

What makes it worse is his wage could have brought in a extra RWB and we wouldn't have needed Gethin Jones or Macca at RWB (sorry for the reminder).
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Wasn’t the rumour that him and Zander Diamond were trying to stage a mutiny against Flitcroft when he first come in.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:55 pm

my name is jonas wrote:Wasn’t the rumour that him and Zander Diamond were trying to stage a mutiny against Flitcroft when he first come in.

Yeah that was the rumour. Allegedly over the increase in training. The rumour at the time, that I heard anyway, was that they were unhappy with the additional sessions and the increase in fitness training. Both ended up transfer listing. Zander retired due to injury and Anderson, you could argue, was made an example of. It ended in our best league 2 season in over 15 years, so not exactly the wrong choice.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Yet some on here worship Anderson over Flitcroft.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby magicstag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Lazy money grabbing so called player.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:30 pm

My view is Anderson was a decent wingback.

Can't blame him for not taking a pay cut, if there is blame to be had tell it to the fat scotsman.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:43 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Wasn’t the rumour that him and Zander Diamond were trying to stage a mutiny against Flitcroft when he first come in.

Yeah that was the rumour. Allegedly over the increase in training. The rumour at the time, that I heard anyway, was that they were unhappy with the additional sessions and the increase in fitness training. Both ended up transfer listing. Zander retired due to injury and Anderson, you could argue, was made an example of. It ended in our best league 2 season in over 15 years, so not exactly the wrong choice.

I heard it was over the change in style of play in the famous 12 game end of season slump. Either way there had to be some sort of disagreement.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:17 am

Jimstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I heard it was over the change in style of play in the famous 12 game end of season slump. Either way there had to be some sort of disagreement.

Oh definitely, I mean it could be a "all of the above" scenario.

With the snippets of information that comes out it's like we're meant to think that DF came in and decided to just pick on Anderson and Diamond for no reason. Anderson is not going to come out and admit anything that sheds himself in a bad light, he has a young family and giving any hint he's a troublemaker can limit clubs willing to sign him.

Part and parcel of football is a new manager comes in and usually wants to change most of the squad. Look at Evans, he signed a shed load of players, and ended up having to go back to the Murray signings that were still under contract. When Evans left he signed Rhys Bennett, who was a Murray signing. DF came in and transfer listed 5 or 6 players in the summer. JD released 3 players and signed some good players, to be fair, but we couldn't last longer than 60 minutes in a game. GC came in and signed some players and sent some out on loan. Anderson should have took his transfer listing like a man and found a new club club ASAP. This didn't happen, and I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that nobody wanted Paul Anderson in their side.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Speaking of Evans. He did a QnA on the Gills twitter page the other day and was listing his best signings at each club he's managed and mentioned Pearce and Rose whilst here :lol:
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 pm

It's possible he renewed their contracts but that's a loose definition.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:17 pm

Paul Anderson talks about his career including his time at Mansfield Town.

"Steve Evans ended up moving on and the manager that came in after him had completely different opinions on me. He came in and wanted to assert his authority on the dressing room, and Zander Diamond and I found ourselves out of favour."

“I then had over a year of training on my own with college kids and the under 18’s. It was tough to take because 3-4 years earlier I was playing in the Championship play-offs on the edge of going into the Premier League, whereas now I was miles away from being involved at a League 2 club through no real fault of my own.”

Dealing with some dark days and bouncing back…

“When you’re not playing and when you’re away from the first-team environment, you do miss it. I was in a very dark place because of how I was being treated, and I’m just very fortunate that my family and friends were so supportive. My Dad was there for me from day one, my wife was unbelievable when I was coming home devasted, it got to the point where I didn’t want to leave the house. It was a tough time and I know its only football, but it’s my life and it’s all I’ve known. I don’t mind people slagging me off about my football or ability, but when there’s false claims about your character and how you are as a person it makes you question yourself."

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/april ... -journey2/

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/april ... n-journey/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Brace yourself for the Flitcroft lovers defending him... :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:33 pm

So glad we sacked him because it's been a right productive season this year
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:47 pm

I wasn`t a Flitcroft lover, but thnik that Anderson got a raw deal!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:47 am

As always, first in gets to tell their side, Flitcroft and the club, to their credit, have kept silent.

Why would a new manager arrive and pick on just two players, not likely is it?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:59 am

oldweststander wrote:As always, first in gets to tell their side, Flitcroft and the club, to their credit, have kept silent.

Why would a new manager arrive and pick on just two players, not likely is it?

I think it is likely if they don't buy into his vision and being senior pros think they know better.
Whatever the story he's getting some miles out this by keep peddling it!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 am

At a time when real people, on mass, are losing jobs and facing real problems and uncertainly, it's a measure of this individual that he thinks anyone gives a crap about him or this.

He was out of favour, probably because he wouldn't toe the line. He was paid, in full and probably had the chance to train with the group if his attitude didn't stink. He also had the chance to leave but chose our money over playing...

Must have been real hard for him on 150k-200k a year, working a few hours a day... My heart bleeds.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum