{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Timi Elsnik article

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Timi Elsnik article

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Come across this today https://www.derbycounty.news/news/timi-elsnik-says-derby-county-tried-to-force-mansfield-town-into-buying-him

Interesting comments about Derby recalling him because we refused to buy in last winter.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Re: Timi Elsnik article

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Interesting.

Pathetic by Derby and well done Stags, sensible approach.

Elsnik would walk into our midfield in its current state. It has a “the one that got away” feel to it.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Looks like it wasn't Flitcroft sending him back after all.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Good find, thank you.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Looks like it wasn't Flitcroft sending him back after all.

Rarely, in football do you get the whole truth.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:30 pm

Very bad mistake by Flitcroft IMO at the start of last January transfer window.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Sweden Stag wrote:Very bad mistake by Flitcroft IMO at the start of last January transfer window.

Have you read the story....it seems it was Derby who recalled him and we couldn’t do anything about it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm

have read
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Sweden Stag wrote:have read

So what was the bad mistake? Him not wanting to buy elsnik when we could have got him on a free last summer?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

So what was the bad mistake? Him not wanting to buy elsnik when we could have got him on a free last summer?
I suppose it depends how much the fee was.

For me, Elsnik going, was one factor why we lost out on promotion.

So not retaining him could have cost us a lot more than his fee.

I don't blame the club for not signing him, as they thought they had him on a season long loan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I don't blame the club for not signing him, as they thought they had him on a season long loan.

Not only that. The injury to Hayden White at Colchester a few weeks later was another. Olejnik was also out. Grant, Jones and Ajose (all loaned in) upset the balance. Another factor: the EFL refereeing department who appointed Darren Drysdale (who has blown hot and cold over the years) to our final home game against Stevenage last season. When I noticed that, I felt uncomfortable about that appointment.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby garlic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Where is he playing now, anyone know?
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Gone back east european team.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:03 pm

his native Slovenia
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I don't think us losing elsnik had much to do with us not gaining promotion.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I agree. Loosing Hayden Whyte to injury was a bigger blow. As was the loss of Olejnik when we were in the middle of a great run. Jorge Grant was a good signing on paper and made an immediate impact, but then his subsequent loss of form was also a factor. We really should have got promoted last season - with or without Elsnik.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Elsnik was a dacent player. The difference is Jorge Grant is playing league 1 football regularly and Elsnik has had no club until about 2 weeks ago.

I remember Jorge had a preference for only passing to Walker. Even when someone else was a better option. He didn't do it all the time but often enough for it to be noticeable.

We came so close that we could pick any 1 game we lost and any 2 games we drew and wonder "what if". What if walker hadn't flipped the lino the bird and left us with just Nicky Ajose for 2 games. We were fine against Macclesfield (I believe were 2nd bottom at the time) but against port Vale Ajose scored 1 but also missed a penalty. That's just one example. I'm sure someone can come up with some more.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 pm

The exspectations of the board stating project promotion put to much pressure on the management n players the fans bought into this statement n when the results went from an expect to win especially at Notts County to loss draw poor performance n a management team didn't know how to change it resulted in the Stags project promotion is now project survival this season.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:35 pm

Vice President wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I agree. Loosing Hayden Whyte to injury was a bigger blow. As was the loss of Olejnik when we were in the middle of a great run. Jorge Grant was a good signing on paper and made an immediate impact, but then his subsequent loss of form was also a factor. We really should have got promoted last season - with or without Elsnik.

Yep. Plus teams worked us out after Christmas, we played out from the back and opposition strikers pressed our back 3 into hoofing it to Walker/CJ/Rose and it just didn't work. We never changed our tactics or shape to combat this.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Elsnik was a dacent player. The difference is Jorge Grant is playing league 1 football regularly and Elsnik has had no club until about 2 weeks ago.

I remember Jorge had a preference for only passing to Walker. Even when someone else was a better option. He didn't do it all the time but often enough for it to be noticeable.

We came so close that we could pick any 1 game we lost and any 2 games we drew and wonder "what if". What if walker hadn't flipped the lino the bird and left us with just Nicky Ajose for 2 games. We were fine against Macclesfield (I believe were 2nd bottom at the time) but against port Vale Ajose scored 1 but also missed a penalty. That's just one example. I'm sure someone can come up with some more.

The game against Colchester at the start of the season, when Logan flapped at the ball and they scored an equaliser in the last minute? If he'd have caught that or a defender headed it we'd be in league one :x
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:39 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Elsnik was a dacent player. The difference is Jorge Grant is playing league 1 football regularly and Elsnik has had no club until about 2 weeks ago.

Bury away comes to mind too !!!

The game against Colchester at the start of the season, when Logan flapped at the ball and they scored an equaliser in the last minute? If he'd have caught that or a defender headed it we'd be in league one :x
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:46 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

We came so close that we could pick any 1 game we lost and any 2 games we drew and wonder "what if". What if walker hadn't flipped the lino the bird and left us with just Nicky Ajose for 2 games. We were fine against Macclesfield (I believe were 2nd bottom at the time) but against port Vale Ajose scored 1 but also missed a penalty. That's just one example. I'm sure someone can come up

Or Logan error at Luton, stupid penalty against Lincoln. Not bitter just see Stadium bloody MK at least once a week. Ok I am bitter.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:48 pm

That Logan flap cost us 2 points, we failed to gain promotion by three points.

So more than just that one match.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:50 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

We came so close that we could pick any 1 game we lost and any 2 games we drew and wonder "what if". What if walker hadn't flipped the lino the bird and left us with just Nicky Ajose for 2 games. We were fine against Macclesfield (I believe were 2nd bottom at the time) but against port Vale Ajose scored 1 but also missed a penalty. That's just one example. I'm sure someone can come up

Or Logan error at Luton, stupid penalty against Lincoln. Not bitter just see Stadium bloody MK at least once a week. Ok I am bitter.

I never want to go there again :lol: I can still remember the final whistle and feeling absolutely heartbroken like it was yesterday.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I never want to go there again :lol: I can still remember the final whistle and feeling absolutely heartbroken like it was yesterday.

I went local pub that night and had plastic fans ( who got free tickets) taking the pee
all night. They suport spurs aresnal west ham liverpool utd.
The One
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum