{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby five to three » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:41 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
victor A block wrote:Best CEO hires worst manager

But was it her?

If it wasn't she should give the award back!!!!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

But was it her?

Looks like her Edders
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:13 pm

It's a shame that people are being so critical of Carolyn. I think she is (and has been for a while) the heartbeat of the club at Board level.
I would shudder to think what would happen if she lost her passion for the club. You could probably say goodbye to JR's £millions for a start!
She is probably our most important and influential fan (along with JR, of course)!
Last edited by Vice President on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:14 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

But was it her?

Looks like her Edders

I bet we could have a decent scoreboard for the cost of that frock!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Vice President wrote:It's a shame that people are being so critical of Carolyn. I think she is (and has been for a while) the heartbeat of the club at Board level.
I would shudder to think what would happen if she lost her passion for the club. You could probably say goodbye to JR's £millions for a start!
She is probably our most important and influential fan (along with JR, of course)!

Didn't JR buy the club before he started seeing her? I thought she arrived on the scene a bit after. Could be wrong.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Everything seemed to drop into place, as carolyn got involved
With the club .
Never underestimate thiswomen, she is very savvy in business and how to play social media.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:08 pm

magicstag wrote:Everything seemed to drop into place, as carolyn got involved
With the club .
Never underestimate thiswomen, she is very savvy in business and how to play social media.

That doesn't matter to some dinosaurs on here.
Them on here calling her still want the FA run by Millichip and full of "old farts", they'd fit in well !!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Jamie wrote:
Vice President wrote:It's a shame that people are being so critical of Carolyn. I think she is (and has been for a while) the heartbeat of the club at Board level.

Didn't JR buy the club before he started seeing her? I thought she arrived on the scene a bit after. Could be wrong.

Yes, JR started this and he will always be the key factor. My initial concern was that when they started their own family, that MTFC wouldn't be a priority for them anymore ... but I can't help thinking that Carolyn's enthusiasm and passion for the club has contributed significantly to their joint continued support of the club.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:07 am

Vice President wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Yes, JR started this and he will always be the key factor. My initial concern was that when they started their own family, that MTFC wouldn't be a priority for them anymore ... but I can't help thinking that Carolyn's enthusiasm and passion for the club has contributed significantly to their joint continued support of the club.

In my case VP, more ridicule than criticism.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 am

Jamie wrote:

He did Jamie Carolyn jumped on the band wagon after we got promoted back to the football league.

Her appointment to the board drove SH to take his money and start AFC Mansfield. This triggered SH to ask for his money back off JR that's before they all became friends again saying that of all the postings from SH regarding the club and JR Steve very rarely mentions Carolyn.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Jamie wrote:

He did Jamie Carolyn jumped on the band wagon after we got promoted back to the football league.

Her appointment to the board drove SH to take his money and start AFC Mansfield. This triggered SH to ask for his money back off JR that's before they all became friends again saying that of all the postings from SH regarding the club and JR Steve very rarely mentions Carolyn.

Not sure about the promoted to the league bandwagon? I remember her getting interviewed before the Liverpool game and that was when we were in the conference. I'm sure she had some involvement with the club then, but not as CEO?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 am

Carolyn took over from Steve Barker as Chief Executive around September/October 2011. She attended her first Fans Forum in November 2011.

https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6218
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:46 am

Carolyn was in post when we played York away in the first leg of the playoffs in the year before the promotion season. I remember her getting into a dispute with a police woman outside the York ground after the match. That dispute ended with her being required to go with said police woman for a piece of advice and a formal process.

So yes she was involved long before we returned to the league.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Carolyn was in post when we played York away in the first leg of the playoffs in the year before the promotion season. I remember her getting into a dispute with a police woman outside the York ground after the match. That dispute ended with her being required to go with said police woman for a piece of advice and a formal process.

I think she was with JR then but not part of the Mansfield Town setup has CO or board member when she was given a roll on the board I remember SH leaving but what season this happened.?.I remember SH leading a chorus of Theres only one Johnny Radford but not sure if it was when JR took control of the club or when we got promoted....... the memory starts to get foggy after 55
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:22 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Carolyn was in post when we played York away in the first leg of the playoffs in the year before the promotion season. I remember her getting into a dispute with a police woman outside the York ground after the match. That dispute ended with her being required to go with said police woman for a piece of advice and a formal process.

I think she was with JR then but not part of the Mansfield Town setup has CO or board member when she was given a roll on the board I remember SH leaving but what season this happened.?.I remember SH leading a chorus of Theres only one Johnny Radford but not sure if it was when JR took control of the club or when we got promoted....... the memory starts to get foggy after 55

As mentioned by Tippy further up she was employed by the club from September 2011.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 am

AFC Mansfield was formed in June 2012.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Bonus points if you recall her maiden name?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Bonus points if you recall her maiden name?

Yes, I can 'still' recall it.

I heard that CS was JR's 'date' when we played Darlington in the 2011 FA Trophy at Wembley.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:

I heard that CS was JR's 'date' when we played Darlington in the 2011 FA Trophy at Wembley.

STILL
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:

Off topic but I can’t beleve JD is STILL here !!!
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum