{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

Postby Jamie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:53 am

spainmick wrote:At times it embarrassing to read what some of you write about John Dempster....I am sure he will listen to what numpties like Jamie and others have to say..if they were good at managing a football they would be employed as a nmaager but they are not

Can you read? All I said was he wont and shouldnt listen to the fans anyway. No manager should... my point, which you clearly didn't get, is any manager should live and die by there decisions not just do what the fans want.

The phone in is pointless and at the wrong time. Hes had one half decent month and followed it with a dire defeat. Let's get another 10 from the next 5 (1 gone already), then he could feel justified in doing this kind of thing.

I've never once claimed to be a good football manager. I'm a fan whose fairly knowledgeable about football and watched MTFC play for about 25 years.

However he spins it, this season is disastrous so far.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:31 am

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:stopped listening to 130.2 when they deemed t'club worthless.

Is Golf workshop still on, last time i tuned in it was. And do take takea whole day with Cuckney playing Hosiery Mills ?

Don't know as i don't listen anymore ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Fair play to him, think he knows it could be a potentially difficult night for him.

Absolutely nothing against JD and praying he’s a success but I really can’t see it.

My question would be why do we wait to make subs? Saturday was a prime example.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am

my question would be if you were John Radford how long would you give the present manager in his role, And secondly if you were relieved of your duties would you take a rollback within the youth set up of the club
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 am

Won’t be able to listen but I hope some decent questions come through and that he has an answer beyond. We’re trying our best, things have turned around and I was nominated for an award last month.

My thoughts on questions below:
We’ve had some decent results away from home but home form is one of the worst in the league. What do you think is going on? How are you looking to improve the home form? Do you think this is a reason why you think many supporters aren’t happy? E.g. more see you at home than away.

What are you measures of success and failure for the season? Are we living up to them now?

What work do you do on team shape on and off the ball? Do you think it was working as Colchester had us all over the place and completely out of shape. Do you think we leave too much space between midfield and the strikers?

We don’t see many goals from midfielders in comparison to top teams int he division, is this a cause for concern?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:00 am

Hopefully he doesn't mention the Holocaust again like he did after the Grimsby win
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am

i think he apologized for that.

b
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:26 am

Question

What does Glover actually bring to the team......

Would you step back down to the youth set up if the board wants to change the management team.

Did you meet Nathan Jones after his interview on Monday at the Moore Hotel ?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:36 am

SINA STAG wrote:Question

Would you step back down to the youth set up if the board wants to change the management team.

Is the latter a fact Sina ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:41 am

If he was interviewed obviously he's turned us down.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 am

1 question i would want to ask is, Why are you reluctant to make subs and change a game before we concede? (has the orient game scared him?)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:40 pm

The One wrote:

Waiting Sina
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:54 pm

The One wrote:
The One wrote:

Waiting Sina

Based on their previous posts i'm gunna go out on a limb and say its absolute bullcack
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 am

Has anyone got the time or the nerve to ring up and lean into him?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:01 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Has anyone got the time or the nerve to ring up and lean into him?

Why not you?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:14 am

Jimstag wrote:Won’t be able to listen but I hope some decent questions come through and that he has an answer beyond. We’re trying our best, things have turned around and I was nominated for an award last month.

My thoughts on questions below:
We’ve had some decent results away from home but home form is one of the worst in the league. What do you think is going on? How are you looking to improve the home form? Do you think this is a reason why you think many supporters aren’t happy? E.g. more see you at home than away.

What are you measures of success and failure for the season? Are we living up to them now?

What work do you do on team shape on and off the ball? Do you think it was working as Colchester had us all over the place and completely out of shape. Do you think we leave too much space between midfield and the strikers?

We don’t see many goals from midfielders in comparison to top teams int he division, is this a cause for concern?

Take a leaf out of the Billy Bingham management guide and take the players on a bus trip before a home game so mentally they think they are playing away from home.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm

What's the phone number?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Forgot this was on! Is anyone recording or is there a listen again option?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Actually feel for JD, he comes across as a really nice guy, it’s just it’s not going to work as manager

sad but very probably true
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Forgot this was on! Is anyone recording or is there a listen again option?

my rough notes of what you've missed so far:

John Dempster: We’re only a third of the way into the season. I think it would be fair to judge me at the end of the season.
caller Scott Simpson: stark contrast to how performed last season defensively. Pearce has been half the man he was last year.
John Dempster: a real frustration for me as an ex-defender. I think KP would agree with you that he hasn’t been at the standards of last season. A lot of goals have come from basic errors. Because they are basic errors, they are fixable and it’s frustrating that we haven’t so far.
caller Scott Simpson: are the defensive errors a mental thing?
John Dempster: Drewe Broughton has had a positive effect on performances and results.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 pm

continued:
caller Michael Hemford: was pleased you were appointed, you deserved the chance. Our disciplinary record is atrocious.
John Dempster: I appreciate that. You’re spot on. I carry the can for results. I’m determined to be successful. I feel I’ve earned the opportunity, and it’s for supporters like you that I want to do well.
caller Michael Hemford: question about the two players out on the town.
John Dempster: The case is ongoing so I can’t say too much. It was a situation that I was very angry about and just talking about it it’s gets my blood boiling.
caller Paul Beastall: how do you feel after the defeat on Saturday?
John Dempster: After every defeat it’s like a dagger to my heart. My lowest point in football ever was after the Leyton Orient game.
caller Paul Beastall: question about Matt Preston and defence.
John Dempster: Matt Preston has underperformed at times this season. And as a collective we haven’t been good enough this season.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Forgot this was on! Is anyone recording or is there a listen again option?

my rough notes of what you've missed so far:

John Dempster: Drewe Broughton has had a positive effect on performances and results.

Like he so clearly has the home defeats to Colchester Salford Plymouth and Cambridge. ...lucky for us he's been here then with those in mind!!!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:58 pm

continued
caller Ryan Jordon: has the step-up from academy manager to first team manager been what you expected:
John Dempster: Bigger. Some of the things in the academy are transferable, other things are completely new. It’s been a really test.
caller Alan from Mansfield: if John and Carolyn support you in January transfer window, what will you target?
John Dempster: central midfield, only one recognised left back, and attacking wide area.
caller Hayden Liverland: the midfield is not good enough, apart from Mellis when on song. Don’t know what’s happened to Tomlinson. Shaughnessy is ok.
John Dempster: had a few open conversations with Jacob and about being better off the ball. Bish brings a wealth of experience. He would say he could do better and he’s not alone, others could say the same.
caller John Sankey: Shaughnessy is our answer to Franz Beckenbauer.
John Dempster: Conor’s wages are a lot higher than what we are paying. The squad is settled but it is frustrated as well. They feel the pain. I believe the players have got the quality in them to get up the table. I think we can get into the play-offs without a doubt. We can be successful.
caller Rob Jones: I’m starting to think this season is maybe not our season. It would be nice to see Bobby between the sticks. I don’t have any confidence in Conrad. Would Craig Davies be better retiring.
John Dempster: I disagree with you on Conrad. He’s one of the players who’s been in better form in recent weeks. That said, we’re very lucky to have Bobby. It’s healthy competition and I’m hoping that’s why Conrad’s doing so well. Craig is very focused and competitive.
caller Mel Piasecki: we need a midfield general.
John Dempster: I’ll speak to the chairman in more detail before January, if the chairman agrees it’s something we’ll look into.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:continued
caller Ryan Jordon: has the step-up from academy manager to first team manager been what you expected:
John Dempster: Bigger. Some of the things in the academy are transferable, other things are completely new. It’s been a really test.
caller Alan from Mansfield: if John and Carolyn support you in January transfer window, what will you target?
John Dempster: central midfield, only one recognised left back, and attacking wide area.
caller Hayden Liverland: the midfield is not good enough, apart from Mellis when on song. Don’t know what’s happened to Tomlinson. Shaughnessy is ok.
John Dempster: had a few open conversations with Jacob and about being better off the ball. Bish brings a wealth of experience. He would say he could do better and he’s not alone, others could say the same.
caller John Sankey: Shaughnessy is our answer to Franz Beckenbauer.
John Dempster: Conor’s wages are a lot higher than what we are paying. The squad is settled but it is frustrated as well. They feel the pain. I believe the players have got the quality in them to get up the table. I think we can get into the play-offs without a doubt. We can be successful.
caller Rob Jones: I’m starting to think this season is maybe not our season. It would be nice to see Bobby between the sticks. I don’t have any confidence in Conrad. Would Craig Davies be better retiring.
John Dempster: I disagree with you on Conrad. He’s one of the players who’s been in better form in recent weeks. That said, we’re very lucky to have Bobby. It’s healthy competition and I’m hoping that’s why Conrad’s doing so well. Craig is very focused and competitive.
caller Mel Piasecki: we need a midfield general.
John Dempster: I’ll speak to the chairman in more detail before January, if the chairman agrees it’s something we’ll look into.

Thanks Martin from those of us who can't pick up Mansfield FM . Very much appreciated.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum