{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Logan

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

weststander wrote:His treatment tonight was out of order.when the second goal went in ,there were "fans" shouting "get him off" etc, and the sarcastic cheering his every touch? Really?. I was more concerned about the free headers we keep giving away.

Not helped by his confrontation with his own player. That was the last thing he needed to get into or have happen when the crowds already on his back.

Fans are still angry about last year, you can sense it at the ground. Pre season was flat, Saturday started badly and tonight you could feel the negativity before it started- partly thanks to the west stand shambles...

There is no patience and its understandable. It is what it is and only good results will fix it. JD and Logan need to keep heads down and get results. Being upset about it wont change it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Whether people think the criticism of Logan is wrong or right, the players clearly seem to agree with the dissenting voices.

A first team goalkeeper should’ve been brought on the summer and Conrad’s contract not renewed.

There’s still time to bring in a new keeper but offloading Logan will be the difficult part.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Whether people think the criticism of Logan is wrong or right, the players clearly seem to agree with the dissenting voices.

A first team goalkeeper should’ve been brought on the summer and Conrad’s contract not renewed.

There’s still time to bring in a new keeper but offloading Logan will be the difficult part.

said this all the way through the summer, major mistake keeping him on
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 pm

JD needs to get rid of Ian Pledger and bring in Seamus McDonagh. He's got both the experiance and knows enough people to find a replacement in January if there is no improvement
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby frt1987 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:49 pm

If I’m not mistaken after tonight he has also faced fifteen penalties in the last 5 games

1 in the play offs v Newport....scored
5 in the play off penalty shoot out...all scored
1 in the first game v Newport...scored
0 v Morecambe
8 tonight in the shoot out...6 scored and 2 over the bar!!

Saved none

Law of averages surely means he should save at least one!!
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Just seen the goals....did Logan have lead boots on for there second goal absolutely shocking keeping.

He’s actually jumped but got smaller his footwork was atrocious. Any other keeper it’s quick footwork and a simple catch.

Doesn’t help with the fans booing him and shouldn’t be happening.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:03 pm

frt1987 wrote:If I’m not mistaken after tonight he has also faced fifteen penalties in the last 5 games

1 in the play offs v Newport....scored
5 in the play off penalty shoot out...all scored
1 in the first game v Newport...scored
0 v Morecambe
8 tonight in the shoot out...6 scored and 2 over the bar!!

Saved none

Law of averages surely means he should save at least one!!

He actually saved Amond's in the play-offs, but he scored the rebound.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Come on WVStag ,he's only 70 stone overweight., you're exaggerating.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 am

People need to look at what actually happened. First goal their center half who scored ended up one on one with Benning whilst our center half guarded our goalkeeper. Complete miss match of heading ability and will always lead to disaster, Why?? JD would not of told the defense to mark players like that surely. Pearce should have been with him at all times shadowing his every move like he did most of last season. Second goal same player runs in without anybody blocking his run and out jumps a stationary center half. !00 times out of 100 he will be able to jump higher when running and jumping than somebody who is doing a standing jump. Its not rocket science but it sure is not a goal keepers fault either. Im not a great fan of Logan but he is all we have as number one goal keeper for some months because stone was bought in to cover injury only and develop for future ,so being on his back it will cause him to make more mistakes. Just leave him be and stop the idiotic jeering from our so called supporters its causing more of a problem than it should.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chris M » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:41 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Dempster snapping at fans tonight when sarcastic jeers where going up for Conrad during the game.

The jeering started before the game. As soon as Alan Wilson announced the teams those around us in WSL were on his back.

Admittedly, the West Stand seating debacle last night meant that we had to sit in a group of dead head imbeciles that luckily for us we do not normaly have to associate ourselves with, but the comments and constant criticism from beginning to end were shocking and embarrassing from so called Mansfield Town supporters.

At least we all know now who the officially appointed boo boy is for season 2019-20.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 am

I think Logan is an awful keeper & it would take a big shift in his performances to convince me otherwise.

BUT, his treatment during to game last night was appalling.

We have social media for bitching and the game for supporting.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:53 am

Anyone sarcastically jeering Logan last night is a raspberry simple as. I don't rate him but we are there to support our team. Embarrassing
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

Would need to see the second goal again, but for me his weight affects his agility. On the one time I have seen it in actual play, he didnt get up high enough to tip a fairly slow looping ball over the bar.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 am

To be honest, I wasn't there last night but I have seen enough over the years to realise Logan is a shot stopper and not a full blown goalkeeper. He doesn't command his box, his distribution is poor, he only kicks long and it seems it is never his fault.

Get something clear, all the coaching in the world will not change him now. You all know the adage "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", never as true as in Logan's case.

Can we wait for Bobby, if not give Stone a shot?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am

Well last night he didn't kick long much, he was rolling the ball out to defenders all night.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am

Still think he is not comfortable re rolling the ball out, it seems to be alien to him?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 am

Is jeering your own keeper really the best way to achieve that first win? Logan makes mistakes but he has done far more good than bad in his time at the club and can't be blamed for any of the goals conceded this season so far

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... -1-9934410
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:09 am

That's what a message board is for to vent frustration etc etc - agreed it's poor to jeer him.

I think some of it is borne out of frustration out of the frustration - 3 consecutive managers have coached him with their teams and yet still he remains rooted to his line and won't come for crosses - it causes chaos at the back when a keeper who could command his box - as most competent keepers would do - would stop this happening.

As a shot stopper I think he's absolutely phenomenal - but it's at odds with the rest of his keeping which isn't great at all.

There must be a reason why he doesn't come off his box though - it's utterly bizarre
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 am

adamstag wrote:That's what a message board is for to vent frustration etc etc - agreed it's poor to jeer him.

I think some of it is borne out of frustration out of the frustration - 3 consecutive managers have coached him with their teams and yet still he remains rooted to his line and won't come for crosses - it causes chaos at the back when a keeper who could command his box - as most competent keepers would do - would stop this happening.

As a shot stopper I think he's absolutely phenomenal - but it's at odds with the rest of his keeping which isn't great at all.

There must be a reason why he doesn't come off his box though - it's utterly bizarre

Excellent post Adamstag especially with the showstopper comment as well as the criticism.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 am

Our problem is much bigger than just Logan. :?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am

Chadman wrote:Is jeering your own keeper really the best way to achieve that first win? Logan makes mistakes but he has done far more good than bad in his time at the club and can't be blamed for any of the goals conceded this season so far

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... -1-9934410

He can partly be blamed for one.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:31 am

As ever he made a couple of brilliant saves last night to keep us in the game, not at fault for either of the goals in my opinion and his distribution was good - notably Morecambe weren't pressing as high as they did Saturday therefore Sweeney, Pearce and White could receive the ball without being under pressure.

Despite the sarcastic, moronic jeering he didn't do anything wrong last night.

However you can always make something up to fit you argument, there was even one bloke behind me criticising him for being on the edge of his 18 yard box when we'd got a corner - we do have some raspberry numpties at Mansfield.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am

Last night's low point was the brain surgeon behind me last night who joined in with the jeering of Logan and then said that he thought that Logan looked low on confidence and that wasn't good.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am

Amber Andy wrote:Our problem is much bigger than just Logan. :?

I don't think anyone (that's not a moron) is suggesting it's not...
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:30 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Last night's low point was the brain surgeon behind me last night who joined in with the jeering of Logan and then said that he thought that Logan looked low on confidence and that wasn't good.

I found it funny on Saturday. There was a bloke last season at Northampton away going crazy everyone for not singing and getting behind the team, guess what he was doing? Giving pelters and abuse to everyone in a yellow shirt including the manager.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum