{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Four Seasons

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Four Seasons

Postby Madstagsfan2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Why on earth are Nottingham Forest in the Four Seasons and why are they being allowed to have a soccer school in Mansfield? I get annoyed at the number of fans who live in Mansfield yet follow the Reds. We shouldn't be encouraging anybody else to support them.

The community team at the Stags need to act so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always felt that we miss out when interacting with the local schools. Why aren't players and coaches visiting schools on a regular basis to help with football coaching and perhaps dishing out free tickets?
Madstagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Four Seasons

Postby nobby +1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:49 pm

why do schools not have football teams could have a Mansfield League finale in a sponsored cup at training ground small fee for entrance coaches players all joining in
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Wow if thats correct then surely Carolyn needs to catch wind of it and do something about it as it further drains the future pool of support. Why don't we have a club shop in the four seasons? Wendy's have just opened one in Meadowhall.

Whats next will we be setting up a football shop in Chesterfield to encourage more support as Forest will have snared the Mansfield catchment area.

Notts County fans can say they have it bad with them being over the trent but we also have our problems.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Wow if thats correct then surely Carolyn needs to catch wind of it and do something about it as it further drains the future pool of support. Why don't we have a club shop in the four seasons? Wendy's have just opened one in Meadowhall.

Whats next will we be setting up a football shop in Chesterfield to encourage more support as Forest will have snared the Mansfield catchment area.

Notts County fans can say they have it bad with them being over the trent but we also have our problems.

I think the club shop in Four Seasons would come down to finance vs footfall. It’s not cheap to rent a unit in the Four Seasons and how much money would we actually make from it?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Wow if thats correct then surely Carolyn needs to catch wind of it and do something about it as it further drains the future pool of support. Why don't we have a club shop in the four seasons? Wendy's have just opened one in Meadowhall.

I think the club shop in Four Seasons would come down to finance vs footfall. It’s not cheap to rent a unit in the Four Seasons and how much money would we actually make from it?

We had one on the market square a few years ago didn't we? Across from the byron.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm

was not a success
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:was not a success

In fairness, that was a long time ago!!!
Now would be a good time to introduce a shop in the town, would be great to pick tickets up from there too!!

We have moved on so much since then....
Onwards and upwards!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

We would be better off with a section in an already established store. A stand alone store wouldn't generate enough sales to make it viable. I think The Leather Shop had this arrangement in the 60's and 70's.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bailey100206 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm

The community staff do visit the schools in the locality on a regular basis, my children attend a school in Forest Town and they are involved with the Stags several times a year.
However , it's clear to see throughout history children as a majority follow top flight teams and would rather wear shirts of clubs that they are never likely to visit .You always see this in children's football ,Mansfield Town shirts occasionally being flashed by one or two kids while being blocked out with Liverpool,Man City and Chelsea shirts.
A shop in the Town centre given the current climate would be a tough task to make it viable.I think like someone previously mentioned it would need to be in partnership with an existing business.
bailey100206
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Wow, not blaming the council, there's a surprise?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 pm

bailey100206 wrote:The community staff do visit the schools in the locality on a regular basis, my children attend a school in Forest Town and they are involved with the Stags several times a year.
However , it's clear to see throughout history children as a majority follow top flight teams and would rather wear shirts of clubs that they are never likely to visit .You always see this in children's football ,Mansfield Town shirts occasionally being flashed by one or two kids while being blocked out with Liverpool,Man City and Chelsea shirts.
A shop in the Town centre given the current climate would be a tough task to make it viable.I think like someone previously mentioned it would need to be in partnership with an existing business.

During the days of the Dark Lord, we had a limited stock of merch in Sports Direct. I imagine KH probably forgot to pay the rent as it didn't last long.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 pm

oldweststander wrote:Wow, not blaming the council, there's a surprise?

Not sure who sets the crippling business rates in town centres? ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:We would be better off with a section in an already established store. A stand alone store wouldn't generate enough sales to make it viable. I think The Leather Shop had this arrangement in the 60's and 70's.

If only Carolyn was good mates with someone who had a store in the four seasons or better yet if one of the players wifes had a store and she was also good mates with them too.

Oh wait....

Hopefully a conversation that benefits both parties could be had. I'm sure Frances would enjoy a lifetime of free insurance.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm

What about a mobile merchandise/ticket shop situated on the market place
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm

A store, with staff etc just wouldn’t make a penny in profit and in all fairness just wouldn’t be worth venturing.

Also wouldn’t want it in The Pud store either. Not really our market nor Frances’.

The single best thing would be a concession in a sports store; staff and store already paid for and allows us to market to everyone interested in sports. Could have meet and greets with players etc.

It’s not like passers-by without an interest in Mansfield would “swing by and pick up a top”
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Sneag,

Government.

What we do have is a Business Rate relief fund, fo those struggling to apply to.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 pm

oldweststander wrote:Sneag,

Government.

What we do have is a Business Rate relief fund, fo those struggling to apply to.

Surprised Ben Bradley hasn't been on Facebook bragging about that one.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Can people please take care when starting a thread.

There I was expecting to read about a link between Frankie Valley’s former backing group and Mansfield Town when lo and behold it was another gripe about our town centre.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby 8th Notts » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Football is a business, not a charity. Forest can do what they wantIMHO
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Can people please take care when starting a thread.

There I was expecting to read about a link between Frankie Valley’s former backing group and Mansfield Town when lo and behold it was another gripe about our town centre.

I’ve heard the town has had success of a major event today thanks to our very own Old Ram Stag?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I’ve heard the town has had success of a major event today thanks to our very own Old Ram Stag?

Assume as you talking in code that your referring to second gear? If so well done old ram stag.

Already read why but big shame it wasn't advertised.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Forest could argue Mansfield take 3,000 potential fans from them. Who cares? If there were only 500 stags fans I’d still be one of them and loving my club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Assume as you talking in code that your referring to second gear? If so well done old ram stag.

Correct. Yes agree re the advertising! Could have made a big event out of it which could have been extra cash for the town centre businesses
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Surely its a kids soccer school?

Forest are desperatly clambering to catch up with Derby in the youth / kids stakes.

I can tell you that from what I have heard the Mansfield academy / youth setup is not a fantastic choice for a gifted young footballer.

Reasons unknown as I have heard various stories but we play in a different league so cannot comment.

It is still the case that young players in our area get picked up by Derby or Forest.

Hopefully under the Radford’s this changes
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Correct. Yes agree re the advertising! Could have made a big event out of it which could have been extra cash for the town centre businesses

It wasn't advertised because the company writing the cheque didn't want the town centre full of gawpers. Which is why it was filmed early doors, if MDC had advertised the event it wouldn't have happened.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum