{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lincoln (H) on Sky, moved to Mon 18th March

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lincoln (H) on Sky, moved to Mon 18th March

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:When was the last time we were on Sky?

Martin Shaw wrote:ST4GS, our first game on Sky since Dec 2005 see

https://www.stagsnet.net/vintage/stagsTVappearances.htm
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 pm

Another game I will miss. I wish Sky would go bust
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Hate Sky with a passion. Hope one day the bubble bursts tbh
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:07 pm

I get if you have plans and the date changes this sucks. But no one ever complains about the club getting a load of TV money every year.

This is a great chance for us to show people we're a proper footballing side and hopefully get one over on the hoofers.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Jamie wrote:I get if you have plans and the date changes this sucks. But no one ever complains about the club getting a load of TV money every year.

This is a great chance for us to show people we're a proper footballing side and hopefully get one over on the hoofers.

That’s what I said. Tv is the hand that feeds, like it or not.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Although I'm not a fan of Sky Sports, I'm happy if it means the club are to make some money from having the game shown on Sky.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:03 pm

A bit pants, I will probably have to watch it on tv now instead of in person. I least I get to see it.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 pm

Jamie wrote:I get if you have plans and the date changes this sucks. But no one ever complains about the club getting a load of TV money every year.

I do feel for those who might now miss it, but I do agree with you. Sky via its sponsorship brings in close to £1m in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Don't give your money to sky. Stream the game.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Rob wrote:

I do feel for those who might now miss it, but I do agree with you. Sky via its sponsorship brings in close to £1m in total.

£1m to who?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

£1m to who?

Each league club receives TV revenue, I think its about 800k per club in League 2. I think there is also prize money at the end of the season and we will be paid for the live game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

£1m to who?

each League 2 club gets £900k if I recall correctly
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

£1m to who?

each League club gets £900k if I recall correctly

Are we on about the Premier League ‘solidarity payments’ or the basic award payment, or a tv payment?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Conker wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

£1m to who?

Are we on about the Premier League ‘solidarity payments’ or the basic award payment, or a tv payment?

Both. No prize money apparently.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 pm

It’s helped by the tv deal but neither are ‘TV Payments’ on that reckoning we should thank Amazon next season because they willl be broadcasting Premier league games.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

£1m to who?

Both. No prize money apparently.

sorry, to be clear, I was on about TV money from the Sky TV deal.

It was £900k:
http://www.cityam.com/260194/football-l ... rby-county

It may have gone up with the new TV deal.

I'm not sure if there is extra money from the Sky Bet sponsorship.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:41 pm

@PriceofFootball reckons we get £100,000 for this game, he’s a expert on football finance but I’m not sure I believe him on this one.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Conker wrote:@PriceofFootball reckons we get £100,000 for this game, he’s a expert on football finance but I’m not sure I believe him on this one.

Sounds a bit high to me, but great if true.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:@PriceofFootball reckons we get £100,000 for this game, he’s a expert on football finance but I’m not sure I believe him on this one.

Sounds a bit high to me, but great if true.

Championship clubs get £100k for a home game on TV.
League One clubs gets £30k for a home game on TV.
Presumably League Two is a bit less than League One.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-14548856
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm

I love Sky Sports. Couldn’t be doing without it. Club gets a financial reward.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Well I can still make this fixture, more by luck than judgement though. At least we can now have an all day session rather than SAG imposed drinking limitations. Only ever paid for Sky once and that was in 1992 at £30 a year. Next year it was £97 for the same product, so cancelled it.

I pay for BT Sport but never watch Cash League on there, only Moto GP.

In my opinion Sky have ruined the domestic game. They have so much power and influence, but care nothing about supporters who attend matches. Only care about viewing figures and advertising revenue.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:It’s annoying as will be more than challenging to get over from manchester for the game.

Trains run all day mate 8-)

But they don’t run all night :?

You didn’t say anything about getting back though :P
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:03 pm

Chris M wrote:Well I can still make this fixture, more by luck than judgement though. At least we can now have an all day session rather than SAG imposed drinking limitations. Only ever paid for Sky once and that was in 1992 at £30 a year. Next year it was £97 for the same product, so cancelled it.

In my opinion Sky have ruined the domestic game. They have so much power and influence, but care nothing about supporters who attend matches. Only care about viewing figures and advertising revenue.
I think that's what iritates me most about this. If the game wasn't on Sky it would be deemed to be an early kick off by the authorities to cut down on problems with drink. Now it's on Sky, they decide when the game is played, and the question regarding potential problems associated with drink appear to be ignored.

Doesn't seem consistent to me !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Chris M wrote:Well I can still make this fixture, more by luck than judgement though. At least we can now have an all day session rather than SAG imposed drinking limitations. Only ever paid for Sky once and that was in 1992 at £30 a year. Next year it was £97 for the same product, so cancelled it.

I think that's what iritates me most about this. If the game wasn't on Sky it would be deemed to be an early kick off by the authorities to cut down on problems with drink. Now it's on Sky, they decide when the game is played, and the question regarding potential problems associated with drink appear to be ignored.

Doesn't seem consistent to me !

Because ones a work day and ones not.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 pm

I agree
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum