{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Additions

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:03 pm

If CJ goes we will be half the attacking threat we currently are and I wouldn't fancy our chances of promotion. He puts teams on the back foot and is definitely our best forward player in my opinion. He's been continually improving under both Evans and Flitcroft and he seems to love playing here at the minute. Fans have always backed him even when his performances have been frustrating, would hope that would come in to his thought process when the bids come in.

Even if a million pound offer came in i'd reject it (easy to say when i'm not in charge of the finances but still), he's key to our promotion push. There will always be other bids in the summer.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

CJ gotta be kept until the summer.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:53 pm

I feel the only way CJ will be sold in January is if he expresses a desire to leave. However, I think he’s the type of play that wouldn’t push for a transfer in Jan but might do in the summer (and rightly so if the right teams come in for him)
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm

League 1 club would it be Peterborough again playing mind games again
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Posh, he fits their usual profile.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Could it be Charlton?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Barnsley
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 pm

I don't think we need to worry about our main players leaving, there is no way JR would be looking to selll any of them in the position we are in. as I said on my previous post I think we are one striker away from being top 3, he's not likely to ruin that by selling one of our main stars.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 pm

CJ's value will only rise throughout the season....23 year old, ridiculous pace, adding goals to his game, getting better seemingly every game, good 'attitude' - I bet he's on the radar of a lot of clubs in L1 and maybe some in the Championship if not already but by the end of the season. If we had strikers that could finish, his assist figures would be through the roof already!

We'd be bonkers to sell in Jan imo. He could be the key to promotion leading to ££ in L1 coupled with any increases in value...
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm

We would be bonkers to sell but I would hope that CJ would see the job through. He doesn't seem the type to just abandon ship. However if Championship[ teams came in for him then I would expect the club to acknowledge the offer and give CJ a choice.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am

CJ will be our first one million pound sale

timing is everything
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 am

yorkshire stag wrote:CJ will be our first one million pound sale

timing is everything

Highly doubt it at the minute.... If he was bagging 25 goals then yes...

Duane Holmes, a very pacy young winger who played 45 games scoring 9 and getting 5 assists in League one only went to Derby for 700K

I don't think any league one club or championship club will offer a million for CJ at the minute. My opinion on that is comparing CJ to the likes of Ollie Watkins £1M to Brentford from Exeter or Kemar Roofe £3M to Leeds, he's no where near the quality of them.

My guess based on his current form is he'll go to a league one club in the summer for about 500-600K. Depends what he does the rest of the season. Hes only got two goals and four assists so far this season in the league... We need to keep him and let him improve further, hopefully helping us to a promotion in the process.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am

timing is everything

Agree but what about keep him, get promoted and let him become our first £2,3 or 4 million pound player. We can’t sell our best player until the summer if we are going to get promoted imo
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am

Has the Warburton rumour gone stale ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:49 am

I think he could be our first million pound player, i also think when Khan hits top form he has the potential too as well.

Say they both finish the season strongly and we go up, and they perform well in league one then why not?

CJ especially could have massive impact at a championship club when he is the finished article.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

The One wrote:Has the Warburton rumour gone stale ?

In the bread bin having some crumpet :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

Sedgwick wrote:

timing is everything

Duane Holmes, a very pacy young winger who played 45 games scoring 9 and getting 5 assists in League one only went to Derby for 700K

I don't think any league one club or championship club will offer a million for CJ at the minute. My opinion on that is comparing CJ to the likes of Ollie Watkins £1M to Brentford from Exeter or Kemar Roofe £3M to Leeds, he's no where near the quality of them.

My guess based on his current form is he'll go to a league one club in the summer for about 500-600K. Depends what he does the rest of the season. Hes only got two goals and four assists so far this season in the league... We need to keep him and let him improve further, hopefully helping us to a promotion in the process.

Assuming we're also in League 1 by then, it would probably cost us that to replace him so I don't see the point in selling to one of our rivals.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am

Sedgwick wrote:

timing is everything

The difference with those deals as apposed to the CJ one is Radford. He's not going to sell cheap, I think if he was to sell it would be a 7 figure deal.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm

CJ's value will have dropped since Belly revealed he doesn't rate him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Rob wrote:CJ's value will have dropped since Belly revealed he doesn't rate him.

:roll: another ‘Bambi on ice’ Taffa quote must have missed it!

:roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

timing is everything

Agree but what about keep him, get promoted and let him become our first £2,3 or 4 million pound player. We can’t sell our best player until the summer if we are going to get promoted imo

Getting ahead of yourself their lads ,2,3 4 million . I think 250k and it’s snap there hands off time IMO
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:46 pm

daddycool wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

timing is everything

Getting ahead of yourself their lads ,2,3 4 million . I think 250k and it’s snap there hands off time IMO

250k in todays market? Must be joking, we are not this desperate little selling club anymore. If somebody wants to take our best players then they will have to pay over the odds (Aka Danny Rose and Macca in recent times)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:20 pm

daddycool wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

timing is everything

You know it's not 2003 anymore don't you? There are National League sides paying those sort of fees, never mind Championship and League 1.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Stag95 wrote:
daddycool wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

timing is everything

You know it's not 2003 anymore don't you? There are National League sides paying those sort of fees, never mind Championship and League 1.

We will see.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 pm

daddycool wrote:
Stag95 wrote:
daddycool wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

timing is everything

We will see.

What national league sides paying 250k for players ?

At the moment I would rate Hamilton’s value at around 400k. But I also thInk we’re capable of developing him into a possible million pound player with the current manager and owner.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum