{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Barrow on IFollow?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Barrow on IFollow?

Postby stag861 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:45 am

Assuming Barrow tickets will be as rare as County home wins will the match be available on IFollow?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Barrow on IFollow?

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:08 am

stag861 wrote:Assuming Barrow tickets will be as rare as County home wins will the match be available on IFollow?

A week last Monday, Martin Shaw said in the UK, No.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41716&start=25
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Stags Head Stags » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am

stag861 wrote:Assuming Barrow tickets will be as rare as County home wins will the match be available on IFollow?

Every match is available on ifollow if you use a VPN.
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bradders » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

Stags Head Stags wrote:

I guess that the question is whether it's available officially.
If it turns out that the Barrow match is the one where a point will get us promotion, it seems ludicrous that there's no provision to be flexible with the Saturday 3pm blackout rule. In these circumstances it's not going to impact ticket sales, as it will be a sellout for Stags fans and a lot would have travelled but won't get tickets.

We could be in the situation that there's a live stream, many thousands of potential paying customers, but the people who benefit financially from the obvious moneymaking opportunity decide not to take it up, because of their own rules.
Hopefully Sky will see the potential and have the game kick off at a "legal" time for them to cover it.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger_Sausage » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

I sincerely hope we don't go into the Barrow game still needing a point for promotion! I've still got PTSD from 2019!
Roger_Sausage
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Scothie the Stag » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Bradders wrote:
Stags Head Stags wrote:

I guess that the question is whether it's available officially.
If it turns out that the Barrow match is the one where a point will get us promotion, it seems ludicrous that there's no provision to be flexible with the Saturday 3pm blackout rule. In these circumstances it's not going to impact ticket sales, as it will be a sellout for Stags fans and a lot would have travelled but won't get tickets.

We could be in the situation that there's a live stream, many thousands of potential paying customers, but the people who benefit financially from the obvious moneymaking opportunity decide not to take it up, because of their own rules.
Hopefully Sky will see the potential and have the game kick off at a "legal" time for them to cover it.

Musings commented on another thread that because there are less than 50% kicking off at 3.00 P.M, on a Saturday, there is no blackout. Unsure why IFollow can't stream it to the UK in that case.

Sky are showing one League Two match. Yet to be announced, but it will probably end up being Wrexham vs Stockport.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

as Musings correctly pointed out

"The blackout can only be enacted when 50 per cent of fixtures in the top two divisions kick off at 3pm.

This includes Premier League, Football League and FA Cup matches, but also matches in top international leagues such as La Liga and Serie A."

from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ender.html

This might mean that the League Two games on the final day of the season are shown on iFollow in the UK. But I haven't seen any confirmation of that.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Scothie the Stag » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:as Musings correctly pointed out

"The blackout can only be enacted when 50 per cent of fixtures in the top two divisions kick off at 3pm.

This includes Premier League, Football League and FA Cup matches, but also matches in top international leagues such as La Liga and Serie A."

from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ender.html

This might mean that the League Two games on the final day of the season are shown on iFollow in the UK. But I haven't seen any confirmation of that.

Sorry Martin, I wasn't trying to challenge you - my sentence mentioning IFollow was poorly worded.

In any event, I will look forward to your potential confirmation (if I can't make it to Barrow).
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frankenstag » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

I thought that all of the last day matches had to kick off at the same time to avoid collusion. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Frankenstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Frankenstag wrote:I thought that all of the last day matches had to kick off at the same time to avoid collusion. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

They do.

I haven't seen any confirmation that any games are live on Sky.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum