{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walking 4 Hope

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Walking 4 Hope

Postby Stags Head Stags » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:38 am

Can’t see this mentioned on here, if it is please feel free to link it in Mods..

John Bell started his walk from Field Mill to Wrexham ahead of Fridays game raising money for Walking 4 Hope, a charity he set up following the loss of his son.

He’s already smashed his fundraising total as the Wrexham owners have chucked £15,000 in.

Say what you like about the Disney FC fairytale but for me the owners do just get it, I’ve seen this no end of times now they’ve contributed big funds to local charities both close to Wrexham and further afield.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/walking-4-ho ... =undefined
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Walking 4 Hope

Postby broomo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:38 am

That is sensational and one reason why I don't mind if they come up with us. The owners are impossible not to like.

Fair play and good luck to John, top man, great effort.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:23 am

Quality. Fair play to them.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sue » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:56 pm

Great to hear such heartwarming news.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 pm

I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds. Comes from humble beginnings. His father, who had Parkinson's. died and he was a Canadian Mounted policeman and worked in food wholesale. His mother worked retail. His grandfather was a farmer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-im-r ... o_b_133157 I read that years ago but he's no stranger to charity,
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:39 am

gazza1988 wrote:I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds. Comes from humble beginnings. His father, who had Parkinson's. died and he was a Canadian Mounted policeman and worked in food wholesale. His mother worked retail. His grandfather was a farmer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-im-r ... o_b_133157 I read that years ago but he's no stranger to charity,

What a brilliant read that is mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:46 pm

Hard to dislike the owners, I agree. & Well done to John Bell.

Interesting though I remember logging on to Red Passion their supporter forum 11 years ago in 2013 just after we got promoted. ( beating them last game of the season )

We got relegated from the league with them in 2008.

Almost all of their fans on there at the time in 2013 (they were supporter trust owned) claimed we had bought the league and it wasn't a path they would ever go down. Many said they would rather stay non league.

I guess another 10 years down there changes mentalities. Not many would swap Ryan Reynolds now.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

This is a brilliant effort by John and his team. A fantastic gesture from the Wrexham owners, who you can’t help but like. John has now more than doubled his £10,000 target. Good luck with the final leg of the journey tomorrow.

An absolutely incredible effort.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm

:clap:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum