{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MK Dons tickets / over 3,600 tickets sold /no pay-on-the-day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MK Dons tickets

Postby Stags Head Stags » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Article now says collections on the day rather than pay on the day?
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Really don't get this staggered release thing , maybe I'm just being thick...again.

It’s ridiculous. Only 2100 of 5000+ season ticket holders currently have one. There’s half a chance that even this batch won’t get to general sale.

Their chairman loves to play games with tickets and where they’re sat though doesn’t he. Obviously tampered with ours when we went last time. Recall him only giving Wycombe 2000 tickets in the upper tier with an empty block in the middle between 2 sides of away fans in the playoffs as well.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Rob wrote:How hard is it to say here's 5k tickets, send us back the ones you don't sell? I need 4 together, I suspect I'm not the only one.

Fully agree , there's gotta be more to it...

I think it's us not the other club.

Is that County Walsall Bradford and now MK that has been staggered ?

I'm probably wrong :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Class of 02 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Season ticket holder but 2 coming with me are not. I've held off buying until general sales we can be reasonably sure we'll be in the same area. The drip feed of tickets looks farcical and I'm wondering if I've made a mistake?
Class of 02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Rob wrote:How hard is it to say here's 5k tickets, send us back the ones you don't sell? I need 4 together, I suspect I'm not the only one.

I need 3 together, with me the only season ticket holder.

It maybe MK Dons (or their equivalent SAG) don't want 5,000+ Stags fans attending, after the 30+ arrests last time.

Looking at MK Dons ticketing website, where I sat last time upper corner is now designated as part of the home end.

They're also obviously concerned about Stags fans buying tickets in the home ends as for this match only you require a previous purchase history.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

Didn’t realise they got enough in to open the upper for home fans?

Presumed that Winkerman bloke only opened the upper to chuck away fans as far away as possible? If there’s any chance of promotion that day and 10000 empty seats I think the plod will get involved.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Didn’t realise they got enough in to open the upper for home fans?

Presumed that Wankerman bloke only opened the upper to chuck away fans as far away as possible? If there’s any chance of promotion that day and 10000 empty seats I think the plod will get involved.

I'm not saying MK have actually sold any tickets in the upper areas, just that where I sat last time is designated a home fans area on the stadium plan.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:I reckon at worst, one could buy a ticket in a home area and not be within 200 seats of an MK fan.

For the Stags game only, you need a previous purchase history in the home end.

A couple of weeks back they were on general sale with no restriction. That they've given us so few and now there's a home end restriction their actions suggest this'll be it.

Furthermore that on the day sales is now off the table.
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

This the same MK that gave free tickets to Mecedes , VW Santanda and other companies the last time we played them there
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

We can get tickets on sale for a match 2 weeks hence, but we can't get A and J block tickets on site, for a match that takes place on Bank Holiday Monday. Think our ticket office has its priorities all wrong.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

Away fans tend to be noisier than the pockets of home fans. Do they really want a massive group of Stags fans rocking the place?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:19 am

Bit the bullet and bought 2, if we get more for general release I'll get 2 more and hope we're in the same tier. It's really unacceptable when we all know there'll be 15-20k empty seats! Dunno which side is to blame but given the fiasco we have every game it'd be no shock if it was us.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:48 pm

Rob wrote:Bit the bullet and bought 2, if we get more for general release I'll get 2 more and hope we're in the same tier. It's really unacceptable when we all know there'll be 15-20k empty seats! Dunno which side is to blame but given the fiasco we have every game it'd be no shock if it was us.

Football clubs moan that they have no money then make it a challenging effort for fans to get tickets for a stadium that will only be a third full. Seems a bizarre way to do business to me.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags Head Stags » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:01 pm

Rob wrote:Bit the bullet and bought 2, if we get more for general release I'll get 2 more and hope we're in the same tier. It's really unacceptable when we all know there'll be 15-20k empty seats! Dunno which side is to blame but given the fiasco we have every game it'd be no shock if it was us.

I highly doubt we will be given the lower tier. They’ve not done it all season and after events last time I suspect they won’t again.
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:30 pm

Have they needed too yet though? The only team likely to take more were Wrexham and it was a Tuesday night when they played
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:51 pm

Plus Bradford opened the stand behind the goal for us last season when it didn’t even have a safety certificate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Stags Head Stags wrote:

I highly doubt we will be given the lower tier. They’ve not done it all season and after events last time I suspect they won’t again.

I'd be very surprised if they'd turn down circa 40k in gate revenue, but you might be right.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:07 pm

Thought this would have sold out today.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Thought this would have sold out today.

I’m in the same position as a few others. Haven’t got my ticket yet as I’m going with two non season ticket holders. Have to agree it’s a shambles. Even with a third ticket allocation there will still be more empty seats than occupied.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby JessicasCat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:45 pm

I was told by the ticket office that seats aren't allocated when sold but when collected.
I purchased one for my son in the first batch but it wouldn't allocate mine.
I rang as wanted to refund this and but two from second allocation so they were together.
I was told not to worry as tickets are not given a allocated seat until collection.
JessicasCat
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:23 am

JessicasCat wrote:I was told by the ticket office that seats aren't allocated when sold but when collected.
I rang as wanted to refund this and but two from second allocation so they were together.
I was told not to worry as tickets are not given a allocated seat until collection.

I mean why the raspberry is this not common knowledge, why the raspberry do we have to rely on other fans to spread the word? It's so amateur and they are really taking the piss out of our fantastic supporters - shameful.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:52 am

Have they not? Showing as unavailable on the site.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:19 am

ParisStag wrote:

Have they not? Showing as unavailable on the site.

I bought one tonight mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:37 am

Rob wrote:
JessicasCat wrote:I was told by the ticket office that seats aren't allocated when sold but when collected.

I mean why the raspberry is this not common knowledge, why the raspberry do we have to rely on other fans to spread the word? It's so amateur and they are really taking the piss out of our fantastic supporters - shameful.

Genuine question Rob but why don't the SSA press the club on these issues and all the other issues you and others bring up.
Or is that not what they are there for?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum