{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Colchester fred sponsored by It's In Our Hands

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Colchester fred sponsored by It's In Our Hands

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:15 pm

I had to laugh at the Cowleys moaning about Aden Flint standing in front of the keeper for a free kick when Matt Rhead used to do it all the time for Lincoln (and Mansfield). This may have been a wind up by Aden who perhaps has come across them before at Huddersfield and Portsmouth.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Another point toward promotion.

The Cowleys are the biggest shithouses in League 2. Timewasting and cheating extraordinaire. The keeper and players going down injured as instructed to break up play and stop the Stags building up momentum. Worse than Sutton United or Evans.

It was like being at a Panto with the Cowleys ignoring the 4th official and winding up the crowd with their constant clapping and blowing kisses.

I remember when the Cowleys might have been on the list of potential Mansfield managers for a lot of Stags fans but I now hope they go back to non-league for good along with Sutton United.

Thought the most blatantly obvious tactic was when we scored, we raced back to build momentum, the crowd were up for it and,.....their number 17 went down and everything went off the boil. Again the referee can't take chances on an injury but having decided the player wasn't seriously hurt, he should have booked him and the medic when they refused to move .
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:34 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

The Cowleys are the biggest shithouses in League 2. Timewasting and cheating extraordinaire. The keeper and players going down injured as instructed to break up play and stop the Stags building up momentum. Worse than Sutton United or Evans.

It was like being at a Panto with the Cowleys ignoring the 4th official and winding up the crowd with their constant clapping and blowing kisses.

I remember when the Cowleys might have been on the list of potential Mansfield managers for a lot of Stags fans but I now hope they go back to non-league for good along with Sutton United.

Thought the most blatantly obvious tactic was when we scored, we raced back to build momentum, the crowd were up for it and,.....their number 17 went down and everything went off the boil. Again the referee can't take chances on an injury but having decided the player wasn't seriously hurt, he should have booked him and the medic when they refused to move .

To be fair we thought the same as it is a regular tactic of theirs, although it's usually the keeper as happened in the first half, but having watched it back last night he does actually pull up in the area during the goal so I think for once it was a genuine injury.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:38 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

To be fair we thought the same as it is a regular tactic of theirs, although it's usually the keeper as happened in the first half, but having watched it back last night he does actually pull up in the area during the goal so I think for once it was a genuine injury.

I wouldn't puy it past them to have him as the designated one. Like you I saw him semi limping back to half way before he went down but said to my mate it seemed pre planned but who knows?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:41 pm

He quickly recovered, as only a few minutes later he was sprinting after Quinn or Macca with no problems at all.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Just got back from Sheffield.

Thoughts on yesterday

People pay their hard earned money to watch the match and the antics of the cowleys yesterday was pretty dire. The fake injuries twice to regroup is just not good sportsmanship.

Hope they go down
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:46 pm

Apart from head injuries or cases where the player is in serious pain and struggling to move at all then players should be told to leave the pitch at the nearest touchline for treatment. If they fail to do so and go off after treatment and come skipping or running back on to the pitch then they should receive a yellow card. If they are subbed then fair enough.

Players just go down to stop play as it is allowed under existing rules.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:50 pm

If a player is down after a bad foul and needs treatment then he should go off the pitch with the player that committed the foul to avoid any disadvantage.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:50 pm

I’m not sure how refs are still being conned by them. The keeper down tactic happens every game, refs should be telling the captain if it happens he’ll be carding anyone who’s going over for a drink and a chat with the ugly step sisters
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:54 pm

The refs should know that the Cowleys do it as a deliberate tactic because they have admitted it in interviews.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:14 pm

They definitely need to look at these get togethers which are clearly pre-planned. Maybe just simply ban players from going within 20 yards of the dugouts during stoppages in play unless going off the pitch, that way if they go off they have to stay off for 30 seconds. It's sad that yet another law has to be brought in to combat the anti-football fraternity. I hated it when we did it under Evans, I'd hate to watch ut every week like the Colchester fans have to.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Rob wrote:They definitely need to look at these get togethers which are clearly pre-planned. Maybe just simply ban players from going within 20 yards of the dugouts during stoppages in play unless going off the pitch, that way if they go off they have to stay off for 30 seconds. It's sad that yet another law has to be brought in to combat the anti-football fraternity. I hated it when we did it under Evans, I'd hate to watch ut every week like the Colchester fans have to.

Fans forgive anything for their own side if it works Rob
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:40 pm

There was even a Stags fan on the Col U Facebook page saying that the Cowleys had done a great job winding up the Stags fans and that they played really well and deserved to win.

I might cut and paste a few of the comments from here for a bit of balance. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:There was even a Stags fan on the Col U Facebook page saying that the Cowleys had done a great job winding up the Stags fans and that they played really well and deserved to win.

I might cut and paste a few of the comments from here for a bit of balance. :lol:

Have you seen Cowley's post match comments on the Chad website ?
Apparently the booing and abuse directed at him was us complimenting him on a job well done !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:07 pm

Agree not many folk from the town like the Cowleys but they are very experienced coaches with all the T shirts
We were average today wind or not
Need to get home form back on track a bit
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Ethers1979 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:10 pm

Yeah, he was shouting at E Block that his was the better side. He certainly thinks a lot of himself.
Ethers1979
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PaulG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:26 pm

There was an occasion in the first half when one of their players went down "injured" close to the West Stand touchline. The Ref clearly asked him if he needed the trainer on (which would have meant, of course, that he would have to leave the pitch), and told him that if the trainer wasn't needed, the Ref would play on immediately. The player got to his feet, whereupon their goalkeeper instantly collapsed in a heap. He isn't required to leave the pitch following treatment, so could delay play for as long as he liked. I can't see how the Ref can prevent such antics. The only real solution was for us to score a couple of quick goals, which, sadly, we didn't manage to do.
PaulG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:33 pm

Did anyone hear that pillock near the home dugout shouting all first half? Someone even shouted back telling him to shut up.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:11 pm

Behind the away dugout?
There was a bit of steward watching. Thought might have been some ejections
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:16 pm

There was a guy near us in IGU out of pure frustration rightly berating the 4th Official for not doing his job and keeping the Cowleys in line despite telling them numerous times and being ignored every time then just mildly backing down and doing nothing at all.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:50 pm

No it was behind me in the first half I was sat near our dugout as usual. Someone was berating every one of our players and in the end got told to shut up. I’ve not heard him before.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:25 pm

adamstag wrote:Wonder if we score early if they’ll do that daft thing where the keeper goes down and they have a little natter on the side :lol:

How do supporters pick up on these things , and the referee gets conned every time, seems to me there is a communication problem, at the FA head quarters.
Sure enough the goal keeper went down and the Cowleys had a team meeting.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:28 pm

One thing for sure, he’s got Colchester playing a very well drilled system. They were way better than I expected. The conditions didn’t favour us, but they should’ve won it near the end imo. Pym made such a good save onto the post too. 1-1 a fair result. Are they the biggest side in the league? Not just height, but bulk too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:54 pm

I said before the match that f they scored first ,we were in for a horror match and we got it
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:33 pm

Said on many occasions this time of the season its all about results. and Colchester got a result, a point from the inform team on there own patch.
The home supporters getting frustrated and tense all part of a game plan for a relegation scrap.
We also had other problems the pitch and a strong wind, with the age old tactic of stopping play with players going down injured, to stop the Stags building any momentum,
And was used to have a team meeting with the Cowleys .It was a game that could have gone either way,
The last straw was a good penalty appeal ignored,
Teams coming to frustrate us will be a norm, packing midfield and defending in depth., only goals scored by us will alter the mindset.
and it can become frustrating with teams parking the bus.
.After all it turned out a positive weekend we were 5 points clear of 4th place, and now are 6 points clear
A tough 7 games to go. it dont get any easier
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum