{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Form table last 10 games.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Form table last 10 games.

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Top with 21 points. (2nd has 19)

7 wins out of 10.

5 points more than Stockport and Wrexham.

31 goals scored. The next best is 18.

Goal difference of PLUS 19, the next best is +5.

Weird how some fans think we've had a bit of a wobble lately.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Re: Form table last 10 games.

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:17 pm

I think this is when the attachment to precedent/previous historical stumbles and psychological scars clouds peoples grip on what’s actually happening… we’re the most consistent team in this league and have been since the start. Granted Stockport went on that amazing run but around that they’ve been inconsistent
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:32 pm

I think a lot of it too is down to us losing 1 game in the first 23 games & losing 5 in the last 15, so it looks like there's been a dip in consistency, but what we tend to forget/discount is the fact we lost 4 cup ties during that first half of the season.

The other thing we forget is losing 5 in 15 if you cut out the draws (which we have) gives you a very healthy points return.

We are very consistent, we haven't been out of the top 3 in months.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:45 pm

I think the perception is also down to a few posters on here, quiet this evening, who don't know what they're talking about :lol:

Let's just please god finish it off!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Simplystaggered » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:04 pm

I mean, we have had a wobble.

Before today we'd lost 2 in 3 and 3 in 6. It doesn't look terminal but, for title contenders, that is a wobble.

Our best quality this season is in pulling ourselves out of sticky patches very quickly. There's no guarantee that we've done that today but even if we keep going like we are; win 1, lose 1, we'll still most likely limp over the line for the title.
Simplystaggered
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 pm

Wobble, blip, minor inconvenience. That's all it's been.

We're the best team in the league any which way you look at it, most points, most wins, most goals scored, fewest conceded.

If that's a wobble I think most people can accept it. It's happening.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 pm

Simplystaggered wrote:I mean, we have had a wobble.

Before today we'd lost 2 in 3 and 3 in 6. It doesn't look terminal but, for title contenders, that is a wobble.

Our best quality this season is in pulling ourselves out of sticky patches very quickly. There's no guarantee that we've done that today but even if we keep going like we are; win 1, lose 1, we'll still most likely limp over the line for the title.

We've wobbled less than any of the other title contenders.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Simplystaggered » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:24 pm

broomo wrote:

If we're excluding MK then definitely. We're the best team in the league and we deserve to win the league, but the last half a dozen games before today weren't great.
Simplystaggered
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:48 pm

Simplystaggered wrote:
broomo wrote:

If we're excluding MK then definitely. We're the best team in the league and we deserve to win the league, but the last half a dozen games before today weren't great.

I'm not trying to be arsey at all here mate but stats are stats.

Even versus MK Dons, over 10 games we have 21 to their 19.

Over the last 6 it's 12 v 12. We've got a plus 8 GD they've got +6. Both won 4 lost 2.

Before today the last 5 games would be 9 v 9 with identical +4 GD.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby TheMyTStags » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:08 pm

Simplystaggered wrote:
broomo wrote:

You say the last 6 games haven't been great, but look at the manner of the defeats. None of them brilliant performances granted, but in our last two defeats we've somehow conceded 4 goals that were all from outside the area. 2 of them were deflected. The Walsall game we'd have at least got a draw if not for the lino missing Flints goal. You could argue we've just been a bit unfortunate, and seem to have lost every game we've not been brilliant in recently. That's something we seemed to get away with early in the season (Colchester and Gillingham spring to mind), but the form (performance wise) is pretty similar
TheMyTStags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Simplystaggered » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:27 pm

broomo wrote:
Simplystaggered wrote:
broomo wrote:

I'm not trying to be arsey at all here mate but stats are stats.

Even versus MK Dons, over 10 games we have 21 to their 19.

Over the last 6 it's 12 v 12. We've got a plus 8 GD they've got +6. Both won 4 lost 2.

Before today the last 5 games would be 9 v 9 with identical +4 GD.

Stats are stats and it depends which stats you use. We're on equal form over the last 6, but worse form over the last 7 or 8.

I don't want to be overly critical, I'm really not in the mood to be critical at all, but it's a fact; if Arsenal or Leicester or Pompey lose 3 in 6 then it's a wobble. Same for us.

Now roll on Saturday and let's put 12 past Colchester.
Simplystaggered
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby pemill » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:42 am

broomo wrote:Top with 21 points. (2nd has 19)

7 wins out of 10.

5 points more than Stockport and Wrexham.

31 goals scored. The next best is 18.

Goal difference of PLUS 19, the next best is +5.

Weird how some fans think we've had a bit of a wobble lately.

By our own standards we have, losing 3 in 7 is a wobble for us but as you point out it is better than all the others.

Anyway, 89 points guarantee's auto promotion assuming I've got my maths right; MKD, Crewe & Barrow assuming they win all their games can only achieve a maximum of 88 points. Obviously lots of permutations in that as teams have to play each other.

Based on the form (last 6 games) the top 7 come 29 April will be:-
Stags :head ball: (C), MKD (AP), Crawley :shock: (AP) ... Play-Off slots; Wrexham, Stockport, Crewe, Barrow

:coys:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum