{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Third most dangerous ground

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Third most dangerous ground

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:22 am

I'm a bit baffled by these figures. Is Old Trafford really virtually crime-free, whereas Field Mill is highly dangerous due to an average of 14.47 incidents per 100 spectators?

Mostly shoplifting, which isn't what I'd call "dangerous", and it's a bit puzzling. Surely the club shop would have been closed years ago if they were cleared of stock every match day? What other shoplifting could there be at the ground? Who at the club is reporting thousands of shoplifting crimes every season?

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/crime/mansfields-one-call-stadium-third-most-dangerous-in-terms-of-crime-4555739
Last edited by Bradders on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Re: Third most dangerous ground

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:32 am

click bait crap
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:59 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:click bait crap

Maybe, but if "Live Football Tickets" have these figures then they are supposed to be genuine.
Journalists have a responsibility to ensure that any stats they quote have a reliable source. Yes, I know that they make things up, but if these stats are made up and unchecked, then the club will be suing the Chad.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:03 am

Bradders wrote: What other shoplifting could there be at the ground? Who at the club is reporting thousands of shoplifting crimes every season?

It can't be from the empty club shop anyway/
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:04 am

zod wrote:
Bradders wrote: What other shoplifting could there be at the ground? Who at the club is reporting thousands of shoplifting crimes every season?

It can't be from the empty club shop anyway/

Perhaps this is why it's empty!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 am

Bradders wrote:I'm a bit baffled by these figures. Is Old Trafford really virtually crime-free, whereas Field Mill is highly dangerous due to an average of 14.47 incidents per 100 spectators?

Mostly shoplifting, which isn't what I'd call "dangerous", and it's a bit puzzling. Surely the club shop would have been closed years ago if they were cleared of stock every match day? What other shoplifting could there be at the ground? Who at the club is reporting thousands of shoplifting crimes every season?

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/crime/mansfields-one-call-stadium-third-most-dangerous-in-terms-of-crime-4555739

I know that the Football in the community side of things have had a spate of thefts etc. but that report is saying thousands of incidents.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:14 am

I'd imagine it's locality/postcode related, so not specifically the ground itself but a determined area in which the ground is in - incorporating at least 3 retail parks and potentially the town centre. They'll have looked at reported crimes within a set radius or postcode of each of the grounds then divided it into the total crowd figures. It's a massive stretch to correlate all crimes within a set area to a football ground within that area.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:40 am

I work in the shop theft industry in this area, we have no thefts reported from the club shop but lots at St Peters, portland and mansfield leisure retail parks, St Peters being the highest.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:43 am

Another example of making statistics say what you want them to. Maybe that’s what the SAG do and why they panic so much.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:49 am

Must be away fans because the gate is shut to us lot way too often
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:04 am

Jimstag wrote:Must be away fans because the gate is shut to us lot way too often

Thought you were allowed to shoplift over there so long as it doesnt exceed 200 hundred quids worth before the police consider it a crime :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 pm

old ram stag wrote:I work in the shop theft industry in this area, we have no thefts reported from the club shop but lots at St Peters, portland and mansfield leisure retail parks, St Peters being the highest.

It is probably where the stats come from. But it's a bit scurrilous to present it as the "third most dangerous football ground" on that basis. It just means that we're viewed as an unusually unpleasant and risky matchday experience, and helps attract the more antisocial element at the expense of the type that the club would prefer.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:09 pm

[quote="Bradders"]I'm a bit baffled by these figures. Is Old Trafford really virtually crime-free, whereas Field Mill is highly dangerous due to an average of 14.47 incidents per 100 spectators?

That's the 'Stags fans in the North Stand' decision reversed then!
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:08 pm

old ram stag wrote:I work in the shop theft industry in this area, we have no thefts reported from the club shop but lots at St Peters, portland and mansfield leisure retail parks, St Peters being the highest.

When you say you work in the shop theft industry, could you get me a microwave. :D
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:23 pm

victor A block wrote:

When you say you work in the shop theft industry, could you get me a microwave. :D

He only steals full shops mate.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:46 pm

Being the sad person that I am, I have sent the chad a strongly worded email advising them of this pathetic journalism. Its clearly the postcode and the retail park, with next to nothing to do with the club (probably the odd report of mischief)

Its just spam and promotes negativity. Such a pathetic outlet, and tbh I think we should ban them from posting their links on here whilst ever they post gubbins like this.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:55 pm

All Seems very accurate has it Looks like the webpage has been stolen too now.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:52 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Being the sad person that I am, I have sent the chad a strongly worded email advising them of this pathetic journalism. Its clearly the postcode and the retail park, with next to nothing to do with the club (probably the odd report of mischief)

Its just spam and promotes negativity. Such a pathetic outlet, and tbh I think we should ban them from posting their links on here whilst ever they post gubbins like this.

Looks like the email did the trick. The report has disappeared.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Being the sad person that I am, I have sent the chad a strongly worded email advising them of this pathetic journalism. Its clearly the postcode and the retail park, with next to nothing to do with the club (probably the odd report of mischief)

Completely disagree, it's brilliant that you've done that as it shows you care.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:28 pm

Well done
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:32 pm

Up in my estimations, not that you'd give a raspberries... :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:50 am

scotsstag wrote:

Up in my estimations, not that you'd give a raspberries... :lol:

I do actually, I'm very sensitive.

Thank.you, glad they saw sense to be honest.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum