{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans forum with Clough, 20 Mar - now available to watch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans forum with Clough, 20 Mar

Postby SelstonStag88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Johnson and Reed?

Bingo.

Johnson- 150
Reed- 108

Impressive you got that, i completely forgot A- Reed played for Sheff Utd and B- sheff Utd had a stint in league 1
SelstonStag88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ashthestag » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 pm

SSA OUT
ashthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby broomo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 am

ashthestag wrote:SSA OUT

You've added so much joy and positivity to the forum since you've joined.

Can't wait to read your next insightful posts in the near future.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:58 am

Thought this had sold out... Checked the link just in case and was delighted to be able to buy tickets.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:15 am

I cannot make it tonight, if someone wants the ticket let me know. dont want anything for it like
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 am

I suppose I'd like to know if there is a contract offer on the table, or a promotion clause on his current contract, and whether he'd like to remain here.
There is no way on God's Green Earth he will answer the question, but the thought of losing him in the Summer, whether we are promoted or not, is a little unnerving.

All the other so-called "good" managers that supporters have fawned over in the past ain't pulling up any trees...

Another question I'd probably like to ask would be.... "What do you think your Dad's advice would be to you, going into the last few games of this season?"
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:56 am

Gruff wrote:I suppose I'd like to know if there is a contract offer on the table, or a promotion clause on his current contract, and whether he'd like to remain here.
There is no way on God's Green Earth he will answer the question, but the thought of losing him in the Summer, whether we are promoted or not, is a little unnerving.

All the other so-called "good" managers that supporters have fawned over in the past ain't pulling up any trees...

Another question I'd probably like to ask would be.... "What do you think your Dad's advice would be to you, going into the last few games of this season?"

Ask it then :D

'Supporters unable to make the event can now submit questions via e-mail to zeke@mansfieldtown.net. Please also state your name, location and to whom your question is directed (either Nigel or Richard).'
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:19 am

I’m not answering nothing
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:20 am

If anybody is attending, please ask Clough whats happening in regards to his contract and where he will be promotion or not.

There's no point filling that form out, as the club will only ask him easy pre written questions which don't put him on the spot
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:22 am

Slackythestag wrote:If anybody is attending, please ask Clough whats happening in regards to his contract and where he will be promotion or not.

There's no point filling that form out, as the club will only ask him easy pre written questions which don't put him on the spot

Not true, I have sent questions in the last two years and they've been read out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:38 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Slackythestag wrote:If anybody is attending, please ask Clough whats happening in regards to his contract and where he will be promotion or not.

Not true, I have sent questions in the last two years and they've been read out.

They probably did,

But I feel the club or whoever is hosting the event wouldn't want to ask him a pre-written question which is a tough one, (for example in regards to NC contract)
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:41 am

Slackythestag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

They probably did,

But I feel the club or whoever is hosting the event wouldn't want to ask him a pre-written question which is a tough one, (for example in regards to NC contract)

I think they would, he was asked about it last year :

'Q to Nigel: When are you getting a new contract?
Nigel: There's no rush. No great hassle. What we don't want is anything to distract the next 3 months' work that we've got to do.
If we are as bad as we were on Saturday, you might not want to be asking that question.
David: The appetite is for Nigel to stay. He's done an outstanding job since he's been here. Having stability shows you what you can do.
If it's not to be this season that we're to be promoted, then possibly it's next season. So far we're making progress on and off the pitch.
It comes down to the owners and the board - they're big fans of Nigel.
We don't want any distractions, it's right for the summer.'
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:06 am

The club have an option for next year on Nigel I believe? I imagine if we go up he’ll get a new one anyway.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:10 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:56 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:I cannot make it tonight, if someone wants the ticket let me know. dont want anything for it like

Gone
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:20 pm

If anyone is kind enough to post updates on the Q&A it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:37 pm

Bet Stevo has been flexing his fingers all day long . He can’t talk without a pointing his finger !
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:If anyone is kind enough to post updates on the Q&A it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Main highlight from the first half was Clough saying his contract is up this summer if we don't go up but he's automatically given another year if we do get promotion. It was decided at the time he extended it that if we didn't go up this year all parties might want a change.

He praised the work Sharpe did when here. Spoke highly of Quinn, Bowery and others. One thing he'd do differently would be not putting Flint up top late on at Swindon. Isn't impressed with how Refs are told to ref and thinks the focus should be on players and not satisfying the referee assessors.

Spoke really well, keeping his feet on the ground and knows we've achieved nothing yet. Just about getting over the line now.

Fingers crossed he's here with us next year and we're in League One.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 pm

Bowery, Oates and flinders in talks over new deals.

Talked highly of a lad we’re watching from Queen’s Park I think it was? Says Crosby, Simon and now Nigel himself have watched him.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Going to do everything we can to sign brunt, he thinks bottom half of championship clubs might come in for him though but if not we defo need to be in league 1 to have a chance.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby SelstonStag88 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 pm

lifestags wrote:Bowery, Oates and flinders in talks over new deals.

Talked highly of a lad we’re watching from Queen’s Park I think it was? Says Crosby, Simon and now Nigel himself have watched him.

Did he give a name?
SelstonStag88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:34 pm

Ruari Paton maybe? 19 goals 4 assists.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 pm

Said he was very happy with his 4 keepers, defo not a position we'd look at unless flinders goes. If we go up we'd look to add 6/7 and would need them to compete.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:48 am

Did anyone ask him about what he's doing about the Bish
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager