{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Byron pub - still staying as a Stags pub

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Byron pub - still staying as a Stags pub

Postby Tre Cool » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:15 pm

It was Bootlicker until around 2006, then Red on the Square for a few years until being called the Byron since 2009?
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Tre Cool wrote:It was Bootlicker until around 2006, then Red on the Square for a few years until being called the Byron since 2009?

What was it called before Bootlicker?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:10 pm

part time pete wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:It was Bootlicker until around 2006, then Red on the Square for a few years until being called the Byron since 2009?

Nat West
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 pm

Fred’s sister?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:43 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Fred’s sister?

Brother
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:52 am

The One wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Nat West

I now know :lol: Never heard of the Bootlicker but I know where the Natwest was, I used to work at the TSB in the mid 80's. My regular haunts were the Swan, Brigadoon, 8 Bells, Portland, Kings Head and then off to Valo's. Obviously went in loads more, Mansfield back then was basically full of brilliant pubs, all with their own identity, none of the corporate Wetherspoon raspberry.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 am

Rob wrote:
The One wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Nat West

I now know :lol: Never heard of the Bootlicker but I know where the Natwest was, I used to work at the TSB in the mid 80's. My regular haunts were the Swan, Brigadoon, 8 Bells, Portland, Kings Head and then off to Valo's. Obviously went in loads more, Mansfield back then was basically full of brilliant pubs, all with their own identity, none of the corporate Wetherspoon raspberry.

+ Red lion , wheat sheaf , Horse 8 Jockey , Bowl in hand , Town mill ,Bridge tavern , Yeats , Old Ram inn , Limo's , Black boy etc Wood pecker Sunday , Welbeck Monday night :lol:

https://www.chad.co.uk/heritage-and-ret ... er-2891887
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum