{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Playing away when at home after numerous postponements

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Playing away when at home after numerous postponements

Postby Johnny Rotten » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:38 pm

Truro City will play their remaining National League South home games this season 125 miles away, at Taunton Town.

The Cornish side had been playing at Plymouth Parkway's Bolitho Park ground this season, but a series of postponements has led them to find a new venue for the rest of the campaign.

Truro drew 0-0 at league rivals Taunton on Tuesday, in a fixture that was reversed in order to get it played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68240249

This means that Taunton Town's home ground is scheduled to host 34 games in 58 days :shock:

It casts my mind back to those dark non league days, one week in particular, if I recall, we had to play four homes games in a week (Sat, Tues, Thurs and Sat?). Stags related

For all the issues we have with our pitch and recent postponements which has caused quite the discussion in threads on this forum that the pitch is not fit for purpose, we need a new ground etc Stags related, think on that it could be a lot worse to have to travel elsewhere for home games, and quite some distance to boot!

Was it Scunthorpe who were close to playing home games at, I think, Alfreton, too?
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Re: Playing away when at home after numerous postponements

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Possibly gainsborough i think regarding scunthorpe.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:58 pm

Congrats on finding the most tedious way of having a go at Dan...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:06 pm

Back in the 78/79 season Stags had 6 consecutive home games at the end of the season, including 4 that were after the official end of the season.

Thanks to a particularly brutal winter we didn't kick a ball in January & only managed 2 games in February.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:42 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Congrats on finding the most tedious way of having a go at Dan...

:lol: I’m glad someone else noticed. Talk about clutching at straws with a post about a team hundreds of miles away and a couple of leagues down the pyramid :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum