{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hands up - did anybody have confidence in that starting 11

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hands up - did anybody have confidence in that starting

Postby northern stag » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:21 pm

9 goals of the highest quality , not a scruffy goal in sight , incredible really
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:24 pm

9 goals & i bloomin missed it, week in Filey, just on the look out for any Harrogate fans
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:23 pm

Oh Yorkie you would have loved the high paced football, crisp passing and accurate shooting.
It was wonderful :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:28 pm

Not a fast winger in sight.....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm

I still think Cloughie got it wrong. If he started with the same team as Forest Green I think the score would of been 13.1 :D :lol:
I have to admit that i was a tad worried before the game. I could see a low scoring draw but what an. unbelievable result. Got the missus to pinch me this morning so it wasnt a dream
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:34 pm

No matter what starting XI was selected no one will have seen that result coming, I really expected a hard fought game and grind out a result against an in form Harrogate.

I was really devastated when I saw Swan & Clarke dropped to the bench, for them more than me, my immediate thought was we've lost that pace & goal scoring threat up front but up pops Hiram.

A staggering result, onto Walsall where we need to keep that level of intensity going.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:51 pm

pemill wrote:No matter what starting XI was selected no one will have seen that result coming, I really expected a hard fought game and grind out a result against an in form Harrogate.

I was really devastated when I saw Swan & Clarke dropped to the bench, :

My thoughts exactly, Clarke is always the first name on my teamsheet, was MotM Saturday, and Swan gets his confidence back and then is benched but obviously , and hands held high, what do I know. Well done the Manager in every way.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:20 pm

Nice to see the most skilful player in the squad bar DKD scoring a hatrick. Well done Hiram!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Have to admit I didn't think that starting 11 would have the legs or drive on a very heavy pitch to take it to a physical Harrogate team.

Although it does seem they have changed their playing style to an inferior version of us instead of the previous physical / close down quickly version we have always struggled with.

Clough certainly has some selection headaches. Can he bench Boetang? Almost certainly as he did with last weeks MOM Clarke who I would expect to return.

Akins will play so is it Swan or Nichols. Swan has his mojo back but Nichols is a very clever player.

Does he play Bowery or Williams at right back ? When Hewitt and Johnson return we will have 4 players for that position. (5 if Akins drops there as RWB)

Think I'll leave it to him.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:06 pm

I was surprised at the changes but in Nigel we trust and what do i know.
Now what did surprise me was all the experts and the best of keyboard warriors took it all very calm a few groans about Swan and Clarke not playing and of coarse Akins from north of the border
The changes were accepted and i got the feeling that most thought Clough knew best
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:57 pm

bear 73 wrote:I was surprised at the changes but in Nigel we trust and what do i know.
Now what did surprise me was all the experts and the best of keyboard warriors took it all very calm a few groans about Swan and Clarke not playing and of coarse Akins from north of the border
The changes were accepted and i got the feeling that most thought Clough knew best

Had the result been anything but a win I think there would be many, many comments and I would have been one of the first to do so
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:21 pm

pemill wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I was surprised at the changes but in Nigel we trust and what do i know.

Had the result been anything but a win I think there would be many, many comments and I would have been one of the first to do so

Shame you are not in Nigel we trust supporter but a slow learner and lets hope you were their to witness another record equalled or broken.
What a time to be a Stags Supporter win lose or draw.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:19 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:9 goals & i bloomin missed it, week in Filey, just on the look out for any Harrogate fans

Unlucky Dave :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum