{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Harrogate scorefred sponsor by <insert "witty" remark here>

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Harrogate scorefred sponsor by <insert "witty" remark he

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:38 pm

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Bowery takes it into the corner. Do we need to do that?

Who cares??

It’s not a proper fred unless Gazza has a pop at Jordan, even when we’re 9-2 up!!!

I'd have said the same if it was any other player.

why we protecting a 9-2 lead? if it was 3-2 then absolutely we should have done that.

And you would have been wrong about them too. Look at the incident again, when JB picks the ball up, he's already heading toward the corner due to the flight of the ball. He has 3 defenders closing in, he looks for a teammate, but no one is on, so he takes the ball into the corner where he tries, unsuccessfully to win a corner. There was never an attempt to waste time.

But you just keep doing you.

This.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:54 pm

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Bowery takes it into the corner. Do we need to do that?

Who cares??

It’s not a proper fred unless Gazza has a pop at Jordan, even when we’re 9-2 up!!!

I'd have said the same if it was any other player.

why we protecting a 9-2 lead? if it was 3-2 then absolutely we should have done that.

And you would have been wrong about them too. Look at the incident again, when JB picks the ball up, he's already heading toward the corner due to the flight of the ball. He has 3 defenders closing in, he looks for a teammate, but no one is on, so he takes the ball into the corner where he tries, unsuccessfully to win a corner. There was never an attempt to waste time.

But you just keep doing you.

Like button
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:07 pm

Keep doing me? I can't mention Bowery's name at all. I praise the man it's an "undertone" I say he made an error I'm overly negative and targeting him,

What am I supposed to do?

Had a look at your claim Sneag, and I suggest you watch it again. 86th min in the game. Remember you said "flight of the ball" and "he was heading into the corner.

McLaughlin has the ball on the left. He comes inside and lays a ball to Akins who is 16 or so yards out on the left line of the 18 yard box. (at this point Jordan bowery is approximately 35 yards out pretty much dead central. Bowery does come toward the left a bit here but just to the left of the D. Akins lays a pass off to Bowery ON THE FLOOR (massive flight there!) going towards the centre of the pitch, (away from the corner flag). I will attach a screenshot of the Moment Bowery touches the ball. Blue circle is Akins and Purple circle is Bowery.

Bowery takes control and heads towards the left wing Boateng is an option and he goes further to the touchline. Boateng an option again. turns towards the corner flag and holds off 2 defenders very well. he tries a backheel to win a corner but it doesn't work and he loses possession.

So either you are thinking of a different incident Sneag but that's the one I was talking about.

In fairness watching it back slowly he does seem to slightly dummy a pass to Boateng trying to trick the defender and turns towards the corner flag and now he has committed. Held off 2 men and tried to win a corner. So probably not intended to waste time. Considering you mentioned either of that you have no idea which bit I'm talking about and just invented a scenario so the other usual suspects join in.
but didn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:40 pm

Surely only Stags fans can argue about negative play following a 9-2 win? :lol:
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:42 pm

G B wrote:Surely only Stags fans can argue about negative play following a 9-2 win? :lol:

Unfortunately some just want to be negative towards me and I'll defend myself or concede if I'm wrong.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:59 pm

G B wrote:Surely only Stags fans can argue about negative play following a 9-2 win? :lol:

I mean in fairness conceding 2 and the way we conceded them was pretty shambolic. :D
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:14 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Keep doing me? I can't mention Bowery's name at all. I praise the man it's an "undertone" I say he made an error I'm overly negative and targeting him,

Had a look at your claim Sneag, and I suggest you watch it again. 86th min in the game. Remember you said "flight of the ball" and "he was heading into the corner.

McLaughlin has the ball on the left. He comes inside and lays a ball to Akins who is 16 or so yards out on the left line of the 18 yard box. (at this point Jordan bowery is approximately 35 yards out pretty much dead central. Bowery does come toward the left a bit here but just to the left of the D. Akins lays a pass off to Bowery ON THE FLOOR (massive flight there!) going towards the centre of the pitch, (away from the corner flag). I will attach a screenshot of the Moment Bowery touches the ball. Blue circle is Akins and Purple circle is Bowery.

Bowery takes control and heads towards the left wing Boateng is an option and he goes further to the touchline. Boateng an option again. turns towards the corner flag and holds off 2 defenders very well. he tries a backheel to win a corner but it doesn't work and he loses possession.

So either you are thinking of a different incident Sneag but that's the one I was talking about.

In fairness watching it back slowly he does seem to slightly dummy a pass to Boateng trying to trick the defender and turns towards the corner flag and now he has committed. Held off 2 men and tried to win a corner. So probably not intended to waste time. Considering you mentioned either of that you have no idea which bit I'm talking about and just invented a scenario so the other usual suspects join in.
but didn't work.

I've watched it twice I don't need to watch it a 3rd time.

'Flight/path/trajectory call it what you like. He looked for an outball, there wasn't one. So he played for a corner& didn't get it. Ni big whoop, we're 9-2 up.

The point is the whole passage of play takes barely 15 seconds, hardly an exercise in time wasting negativity.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Watching the game again, I put the Harrogate commentary on as in the past they have been the worst biased pair of dickheads ever, so I wanted a good laugh.

Sadly their commo team were 2 different geezers from BBC York & were very complimentary about Stags & sound in their game analysis. Very disappointing. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 pm

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Keep doing me? I can't mention Bowery's name at all. I praise the man it's an "undertone" I say he made an error I'm overly negative and targeting him,

but didn't work.

'Flight/path/trajectory call it what you like. He looked for an outball, there wasn't one. So he played for a corner& didn't get it. Ni big whoop, we're 9-2 up.

The point is the whole passage of play takes barely 15 seconds, hardly an exercise in time wasting negativity.

Boateng was an outball twice. You said the "Flight/path/trajectory" took him into the corner. how can ball played towards him more central take him into the corner in the opposite direction?

"Bowery takes it into the corner. Do we need to do that?" is all I said. Did Bowery take it into the corner? yes he did. Then I asked if WE need to do that? Not did he need to do that. But because it's me mentioning Bowery people have to have a dig.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:07 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

but didn't work.

Boateng was an outball twice. You said the "Flight/path/trajectory" took him into the corner. how can ball played towards him more central take him into the corner in the opposite direction?

"Bowery takes it into the corner. Do we need to do that?" is all I said. Did Bowery take it into the corner? yes he did. Then I asked if WE need to do that? Not did he need to do that. But because it's me mentioning Bowery people have to have a dig.

That's because you can never ever ever let a game go by without having some snidey pathetic dig at Bowery.

It's that bloody simple. The fact that numerous people see that and call it out should give you pause.

If you treated the rest of the squad in the same manner, then no one would take issue. Your problem with Bowery is frankley bonkers.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:15 am

Watching the game again, I put the Harrogate commentary on as in the past they have been the worst biased pair of dickheads ever, so I wanted a good laugh.

Sadly their commo team were 2 different geezers from BBC York & were very complimentary about Stags & sound in their game analysis. Very disappointing. :lol:

:lol:
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:12 am

That's just it though Sneag. They aren't snidey comments. 3 or 4 people think they are, doesn't mean they are.

gazza1988 wrote:Akins plays a ball back to nobody and they counter and play a neat through ball and fire in to the bottom right.

Let me guess I now hate Akins? Look another player who I criticised. I say what I see at the time.

Then 6 minutes late I put

gazza1988 wrote:Brunt brings the ball forwards. Maris finds Akins and he finishes well.

The difference is I could say similar to Bowery but people would gloss over the 2nd comment and say I didn't mean it. Even though that is what happened at the time. So I do treat others the same but because it's not Bowery nobody give a hoot.

Had a quick look through for mentions of Bowery. I mention him twice in he build up to attacks (one was for build up to a goal) and another asking if taking it to a corner was wise. I said earlier he does do a little dummy which is a blink and you missed it moment. And I've said as much but no I'm still in the wrong and people just want to focus on any negative even if it was a bit of a stretch.

I also criticised Brunt for his pass early in the first half. Where's the pitchforks for that one? Again it's not me mentioning Bowery so nobody cares. However people still say "well you don't criticise any body else" I do when it' happens and I see it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:42 am

Fyi In your defence i don't think you said anything negative towards bowery in last match thread, only the comment about 15 others playing well.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:54 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:Fyi In your defence i don't think you said anything negative towards bowery in last match thread, only the comment about 15 others playing well.

That was meant to mean I didn't think anyone played badly. If I remember correctly I was asked why I didnt single bowery out for praise in that game. I responded with 15 others played well as well and not all got singled out either. I get singled out for comments about Bowery whether I say them or jot. Basically when it comes to Bowery I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

My wording may have been off but that's why I'm not a writer. My spelling and grammar with fat thumbs is terrible, not helped by my terrible spelling and grammar with out that.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:57 am

Finally we get ro the bottom of it....

You don't like Bowery because you have fat thumbs.

Glad we got there in the end and we can all move on now.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:06 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Finally we get ro the bottom of it....

You don't like Bowery because you have fat thumbs.

Glad we got there in the end and we can all move on now.

:lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:07 am

It’s been quite a revelation reading all of these posters having a go at Gazza, generally around Jordan, but with other moans thrown in for good measure.

I now have one question for you. Which one of you is going to replace Gazza doing the in game updates on a regular and welcome basis?.

I can’t help thinking about something to do with a gift horse and mouths.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:09 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It’s been quite a revelation reading all of these posters having a go at Gazza, generally around Jordan, but with other moans thrown in for good measure.

I now have one question for you. Which one of you is going to replace Gazza doing the in game updates on a regular and welcome basis?.

:good_post: I can’t to get to games these days and so rely on Gazza’s commentary to paint a picture of the game for me. Thanks Gazza!
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:23 pm

Point of order you can follow every game live on ifollow with Martin & Deano , with full match coverage the next day plus highlight and interviews and much much more for £46 pounds a year.
Or full match commentary on Radio Nottm for free.
And of course Stagsnet with many varied opinions .
Also for £10 you can watch a lot of games live yes with our own Martin $ Deano. on ifollow.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:19 pm

bear 73 wrote:Point of order you can follow every game live on ifollow with Martin & Deano , with full match coverage the next day plus highlight and interviews and much much more for £46 pounds a year.
Or full match commentary on Radio Nottm for free.
And of course Stagsnet with many varied opinions .
Also for £10 you can watch a lot of games live yes with our own Martin $ Deano. on ifollow.

Cheers Stevo.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:37 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It’s been quite a revelation reading all of these posters having a go at Gazza, generally around Jordan, but with other moans thrown in for good measure.

ive not seen one person having a pop at the updates given by Gazza on the Match day threads
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:05 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:

ive not seen one person having a pop at the updates given by Gazza on the Match day threads

I think you are missing my point. Gazza does a good and under appreciated job on the posts during the matches. Those are the posts people are criticising albeit the ones about Jordan. Keep it up and there may be no more posts to be critical about. Gazza is clearly unhappy with the remarks being made and it appears the only way to stop those remarks is to stop posting. Hence my comment about who will take over.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Don't worry gazza, its your turn, this week ,for the stagsnet mob to have a go at. Water off a ducks back.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:53 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

I think you are missing my point. Gazza does a good and under appreciated job on the posts during the matches. Those are the posts people are criticising albeit the ones about Jordan. Keep it up and there may be no more posts to be critical about. Gazza is clearly unhappy with the remarks being made and it appears the only way to stop those remarks is to stop posting. Hence my comment about who will take over.

I didnt miss your point. Your point wasn't really correct, as no one his criticizing his match day thread updates.

anyway, its gone on long enough. everyone has aired their feelings
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:55 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Don't worry gazza, its your turn, this week ,for the stagsnet mob to have a go at. Water off a ducks back.

I dont see how countering someone's critic of a player is mob mentality, but hey ho.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum