{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jodi Jones indecent insult/FA launches investigation

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jodi Jones indecent insult/FA launches investigation

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:55 am

Games gone if he gets suspended for something like that.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:12 am

What do you mean by that Adamstag?

Surely you don't condone such childish behaviour by a grown man in front of a stand where women and children were seated?

Made my day, happy Friday Jodi.
Last edited by oldweststander on Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:14 am

adamstag wrote:Games gone if he gets suspended for something like that.

So grabbing your crotch and gyrating towards a few thousand people, including young children, is perfectly acceptable to do in public?

He was there to play football not try out for the chippendales.

People talk about giving back as good as you get. So who on the west stand grabbed their crotch and gyrated at him? Which of the crowd flashed their rear end at him to give him the right to do it back?

I'd wager nobody did.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:25 am

I just think it’s a storm in a teacup personally. Don’t condone it, obviously.

I recall yussef also getting a 5 match ban for having a wee after a call of nature, everyone here kicked off over that!

We won, the lad got marked out the game all day, move on.
Last edited by adamstag on Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:26 am

I said straight away in my report he'd be facing an FA charge if there was any video evidence.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:47 am

adamstag wrote:I just think it’s a storm in a teacup personally. Don’t condone it, obviously.

I recall yussef also getting a 5 match ban for having a wee after a call of nature, everyone here kicked off over that!

We won, the lad got marked out the game all day, move on.

If it was an over 18s only game, I'd be in agreement.

Football has evolved to be a family friendly affair (well trying to) so stuff like this should be stamped out.

I can't think of any programme suitable for children as young as 5 where someone does what he did.

It shouldn't go unpunished simply because he's a mardy git and was losing at the time.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:06 am

I do hope the poor little children all had ear muffs on so all the naughty words were not heard by their poor little ears.

He made an ass of himself, but some fans have complained to the FA, excellent !
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:21 am

It’s unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour. Those that think it’s ok are on his level imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:26 am

Putting words into other posters I see, did I say it was acceptable ?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:31 am

What naughty words? I thought we were discussing a grown man grabbing his penis through shorts and shaking it in the direction of our family section and then later flashing his bare arse.

How bad was the state of football back in the day that this kind of behaviour is seemingly deemed acceptable by our older fans? If not tolerable by our older fans.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby LMStag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 am

You can tell what he's doing from the ifollow footage even though the camera is behind him and it only lasts a few seconds. It's just after he's finished complaining to the ref before he goes down the tunnel for HT. I'm over in D block and saw it clearly but would never have crossed my mind to complain about it even though I don't want to see it. Would that footage be what the FA are looking at?
LMStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 am

gazza1988 wrote:What naughty words? I thought we were discussing a grown man grabbing his penis through shorts and shaking it in the direction of our family section and then later flashing his bare arse.

How bad was the state of football back in the day that this kind of behaviour is seemingly deemed acceptable by our older fans? If not tolerable by our older fans.

This type of behaviour never was and never will be acceptable to any fan purely on age grounds. It’s moral compasses that make it acceptable to some and has nothing to do with age. If anything player behaviour was higher in times past and this type of behaviour would not have been tolerated.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:12 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

I said straight away in my report he'd be facing an FA charge if there was any video evidence.

And quite right
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:27 pm

He's clearly a prize pilchard, who let the crowd get to him and couldn't manage his emotions.

Right from the off on the West Stand touch line he went to ground like a rat and the ref wasn't buying his antics, he got more and more frustrated as the game went on and getting narked with all the reasonable questions being asked from the Lower West and Upper for that matter.

It's a while since I've seen an opposition player let the crowd get to them to such a degree, he really lost the plot :D
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:46 pm

I remember Tyler Walker flicking the middle finger at a liner & getting done. Granted the referee sent him off there & then, but if he hadn't, I dare say he would have had punishment retrospectively.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:54 pm

So should there also be repercussion to those who were giving Jones dogs abuse all game, or is that allowed?

I get the what people are saying about what he did with kids in the stands, but those sat in the stand hurling abuse at him all game are no better. Those on the FA crusade were probably the ones who caused the problem in the first place.

Just because you're sat in a football stand doesnt give you the right to abuse someone at work....
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm

People get abuse at work from irate customers/clients all the time, but if they reacted in the way Jones did in an ordinary job they would be facing disciplinary action.
Try working in front line public sector if you want to see what abuse at work is really like.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:14 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:People get abuse at work from irate customers/clients all the time, but if they reacted in the way Jones did in an ordinary job they would be facing disciplinary action.
Try working in front line public sector if you want to see what abuse at work is really like.

my point still stands, its doesnt make it right. You cannot dish out abuse all game and begin moaning about it when you get it back. I sit on the halfway line WS lower, it was abuse from either side of where i sit.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:23 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:People get abuse at work from irate customers/clients all the time, but if they reacted in the way Jones did in an ordinary job they would be facing disciplinary action.

my point still stands, its doesnt make it right. You cannot dish out abuse all game and begin moaning about it when you get it back. I sit on the halfway line WS lower, it was abuse from either side of where i sit.

That’s exactly the point, of course Jones shouldn’t have done it, of that we’re all aware.

He’d been getting dogs abuse all game (fair dues the lad did make himself look a tit a few times) but then all of a sudden the same fans get offended when they get something back :roll:

Ideally abuse shouldn’t happen to or from a player, regardless of who started it, sadly though it does.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

That’s exactly the point, of course Jones shouldn’t have done it, of that we’re all aware.

He’d been getting dogs abuse all game (fair dues the lad did make himself look a tit a few times) but some of the stuff folk were shouting was a bit much, 2 fingers up at the lad, but then a player reacts and all of a sudden the same fans all of a sudden have this self-entitled right to be offended, give me a break :lol:

Ideally abuse shouldn’t happen to or from a player, regardless of who started it, sadly though it does.

So you are both agreeing he shouldn't have done it, but you don't think it is right that he is facing action over it. How does that work ?
Yes, some fans may have been giving him abuse, but not all 7,000 home fans. Therefore, he has offended people who had not done anything to offend him. What made it worse is that he made a sexually suggestive gesture in front of the family area of the home stand.
Whether any fans complained or not, it will also have been seen by stewards, club officials, match officials, and police officers. They have a duty to report any issues of misconduct. Unlike most of us, where we would be disciplined by our employers, footballers are often given leeway by their clubs, so the governing body has stepped in to investigate the complaints.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:56 pm

I never said he shouldn't be disciplined, he should.

Fans should also be held accountable for their actions. So if the steward saw Jones, they probably heard the abuse. It works both ways
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:10 pm

Is telling him he’s a diving cheating pancake banana really abuse though?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:10 pm

BigGuy wrote:I do hope the poor little children all had ear muffs on so all the naughty words were not heard by their poor little ears.

He made an ass of himself, but some fans have complained to the FA, excellent !

My kids wear headphones at matches to block out the swearing. We’ve been to England cricket and rugby matches, seen NFL and MLB games etc and have had no problem, but football still needs to grow up. I don’t swear in front of my kids and I’m not exposing them to some of the language that a few idiots think is OK to spew out indiscriminately at the top of their lungs.

I don’t know what lifestyles some on here lead where a bloke thrusting his junk in your face is a bit of a laugh but more power to you. However, perhaps keep it in the bedroom and not on a Saturday afternoon in front of watching kids.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:19 pm

adamstag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

He’d been getting dogs abuse all game (fair dues the lad did make himself look a tit a few times) but then all of a sudden the same fans get offended when they get something back :roll:

I think he expected to turn up and be allowed to play , his antics and constant complaining attracted a response from the stands. He was jeered in the IGU but not really abused.
I saw what he did at half time and if he gets away without sanction he’s a very lucky boy.
Was I offended ? Not really . I think it said a lot about him .
I can understand why some would be.
If Garner gets banned then Jones certainly should.
I know I should be outraged but if I’m honest I’m not. On the other hand if he gets banned he deserves it.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum