{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Abuse

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:26 pm

Abuse is completely wrong and nobody who works at MTFC deserves it. We are doing fantastic on the pitch, just tweeks off the pitch are definitely needed if we was to move up a league. We as fans are just voicing our opinions and questions to matters which have been ongoing for a long time.

I think people recently have been quietly getting frustrated with the club off the pitch. As pointed out below, the attendances doubling has highlighted these issues.

Let's face it, unfortunately matchdays at the Mill are not the greatest matchday experiences. Thankfully we are playing great football, but we have to endure small concourses, huge queues for bogs and kiosks. Small bar, small club shop, nothing to buy online or in the club shop at Xmas, tickets saga, games constantly getting postponed etc...

I think all supporters have every right to put the club on the spot and ask the questions and what solutions they have to these issues. But nobody seems to know who is running the club whilst the Radfords are away.

If the club communicated more with the fans about the ongoings and plans going forward, I don't think fans would gruntle as much.

We are getting the best gates for many many years and its so pleasing to see new fans and family's at the Mill. Let's ensure they keep coming back.

:coys:
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HU7stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm

:good_post:

Spot on, good post.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gregmtfc » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:33 pm

Absolutely bang on that - hit the nail on the head with how the majority of supporters (including myself) are feeling
gregmtfc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:44 pm

Well put slackythestag. . best post this year.

:good_post: :good_post:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

When David Sharpe left, I wonder why a replacement was never sourced?

If you ever watch the Wrexham documentary, it's clear to see what a "round the clock job" running a club is - with Shaun Harvey pretty much running the club in the absence of the big two owners all of the time.

Perhaps a much needed signing isn't just the striker we crave - we could do with someone with not only the drive, but also the spare time to do what David Sharpe did, but better.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:16 pm

mhs wrote:I blame the internet.
I preferred it on here before the internet.

:lol: :lol:
A sadly overlooked message
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:21 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

“You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet” Winston Churchill.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:24 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:Nigel has been abused , see Troy Deeneys comments this week or dig a bit deeper to see Nigel’s comments, Leighton Hewitt took some serious criticism after one game and that is just one example. Watch any football club documentary with half time team talks and you know football is not for the easily offended.

The comments regarding the groundsmen are probably out of frustration and the football supporters need to blame someone. Does not make it right but it’s hardly down to a new breed of supporter. It’s been around for years.

I don’t think there is more abuse now , I think there are more people offended than previously.

I’ve heard he’s going to Wimbledon ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:36 am

But surely if somebody is doing a below average job the fans have every right to moan?

Not at the ticket staff and shop lot but the grounds team are not up to scratch. No home inspection passed in 15 years is shocking. Before all the geologists and rock lovers come out, I don’t care what’s under the pitch.

The pitch often looks shoddy where other grounds around the country and locally look in much better condition. The groundsman at afc Mansfield gets games on whilst our team who will get paid a good sum can’t manage it with all the tools in the world.
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:25 pm

Nottsstag88 wrote:But surely if somebody is doing a below average job the fans have every right to moan?

Not at the ticket staff and shop lot but the grounds team are not up to scratch. No home inspection passed in 15 years is shocking. Before all the geologists and rock lovers come out, I don’t care what’s under the pitch.

The pitch often looks shoddy where other grounds around the country and locally look in much better condition. The groundsman at afc Mansfield gets games on whilst our team who will get paid a good sum can’t manage it with all the tools in the world.

How apt.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:40 pm

Nottsstag88 wrote:But surely if somebody is doing a below average job the fans have every right to moan?

welcome to Stagsnet, Nottsstag88

Please expect to have your stats checked if you come on waving them around.

They are nonsense.

I only checked 2013 and found two straight away in March 2013.
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6944
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6969
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:03 pm

Dan wrote:

How apt.

Good one..
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:10 pm

What exactly are they grounds team doing wrong in your estimations?
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 pm

I'm sure in another life, another name, this poster claimed to be some kind of grass growing expert amongst other things.

I'm sure 3 people account for half the poster handles on this site.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 pm

What are they doing right?
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimmy11 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:31 pm

The most amusing aspect of our multi-user friends is when they use the wrong username/login to support their argument created by one of their other names. It really is time to stop the negatives and get behind the team, manager and owners. After all we are supporters and we are in the best position on and off the field in years. C'mon you Stags.
Jimmy11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:39 pm

What makes me smile is the that most of the people condoning abuse on here,are the same ones that are the first to criticise and put down, anybody that has a different viewpoint to the anointed collective on here
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:40 pm

Remember the good old days of the Ye Olde Stagsnet bulletin board in town?
Uproar the day they announced we'd no longer be known as Wesleylans
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Nottsstag88 wrote:

What are they doing right?

I haven't expressed an opinion at all, you have decried people who talk about the underground variables so I presume you are saying it is entirely down to the team. So what is it they are doing wrong?
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

welcome to Stagsnet, Nottsstag88

Please expect to have your stats checked if you come on waving them around.

They are nonsense.

I only checked 2013 and found two straight away in March 2013.
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6944
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6969

I remember the effort put in to get the Nuneaton game on. Club captain, Adam Murray, put out an appeal on this forum to clear the pitch of snow on the Sunday afternoon. I spent all afternoon and Monday morning with Muzza and others clearing the pitch of snow. I can tell you that you don’t realise how large a pitch is until you have to clear the whole thing of nearly a foot of snow.
After our efforts Muzza then put in a man of the match performance in the 1-0 win secured with a Louis Briscoe goal. Great memories of a true team effort to get a match on.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Sneag wrote:

I'm sure in another life, another name, this poster claimed to be some kind of grass growing expert amongst other things.

I'm sure 3 people account for half the poster handles on this site.

You're not kidding, he/she seems to be an expert of (smoking) grass.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:46 am

I remember the effort put in to get the Nuneaton game on. Club captain, Adam Murray, put out an appeal on this forum to clear the pitch of snow on the Sunday afternoon. I spent all afternoon and Monday morning with Muzza and others clearing the pitch of snow. I can tell you that you don’t realise how large a pitch is until you have to clear the whole thing of nearly a foot of snow.
After our efforts Muzza then put in a man of the match performance in the 1-0 win secured with a Louis Briscoe goal. Great memories of a true team effort to get a match on.

It was a job well done.

I think the problem after clearing the snow was the amount of water on the pitch as it was thawing.

As an aside Nuneaton have been struggling for a while and have now gone into liquidation
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:15 pm

Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Racist abuse of an away player at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:48 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Racist abuse of an away player at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday

Coventry are back there again on Friday night too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum