{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Morecambe fred sponsored by back on track

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Morecambe fred sponsored by back on track

Postby Costastag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:06 pm

broomo wrote:
Costastag wrote:
broomo wrote:
Costastag wrote:Wait till a certain poster decides that were not worthy of the services bestowed upon us by his avowed deity,were all gonna be sent to hell and our motives and intentions will be damned and his divine disciple will castigate us furthermore into the abyss ,tis a nightmarish scenario ,nah its a few sunday lunchtime beers :lol: :coys:

What a stupid post that is. Are you drunk?

It cant be that stupid you know who i meant and no not drunk but i await your inevitable castigations

No castigations. Just a needless and pointless dig from you.

I expect no better.

Glad i didnt dissapoint :D
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:39 pm

I'd like to see:

Pym
Lewis Flint Brunt Cargill
Maris
Clarke Quinn
DKD
Bowery Swan

Give Akins a couple of games off. Play our best target man up front alongside one of our best out-and-out finishers. The downside is we need to be patient for them to get up to speed. It could be negated if we played them in their best position for more than a handful of minutes at a time. We are now in a situation where Akins is tired and needs a recharge and Swan has no match fitness because he can't get on the pitch for more than 5 minutes, often with the game already won.

If Akins must start he has played RB before, let's swap him and Bowery around for a couple of games. If we are talking left or right back Akins has started 48 games (41 RB and 7 LB) in his career. Bowery has 24 starts (17 RB and 7 LB) in his career. As wing backs Akins is on 70 starts (61 RWB and 9 LWB). Bowery is on 20 starts at WB (11 LWB and 9 RWB).
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:59 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I'd like to see:

Pym
Maris
Clarke Quinn
DKD
Bowery Swan

Give Akins a couple of games off. Play our best target man up front alongside one of our best out-and-out finishers. The downside is we need to be patient for them to get up to speed. It could be negated if we played them in their best position for more than a handful of minutes at a time. We are now in a situation where Akins is tired and needs a recharge and Swan has no match fitness because he can't get on the pitch for more than 5 minutes, often with the game already won.

If Akins must start he has played RB before, let's swap him and Bowery around for a couple of games. If we are talking left or right back Akins has started 48 games (41 RB and 7 LB) in his career. Bowery has 24 starts (17 RB and 7 LB) in his career. As wing backs Akins is on 70 starts (61 RWB and 9 LWB). Bowery is on 20 starts at WB (11 LWB and 9 RWB).

I'd like to see you maintain equal standards and either remove "provocative posts" and/or DM the poster
concerned.

"I hope you understand".
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 pm

broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I'd like to see:

Pym
Maris
Clarke Quinn
DKD
Bowery Swan

I'd like to see you maintain equal standards and either remove "provocative posts" and/or DM the poster
concerned.

"I hope you understand".[/quot
Ive been posted about said provocative post enough said
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 pm

It's always a bit sad when grown men, who are happy to dish out snarky comments at others get all prissy when they are on the receiving end. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:35 pm

How very Alanis Morissette ^^^^
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:00 pm

Wow back up to 14 pages after a draw away from home but nothing about the strong wind or poor playing surface making life difficult for the players.
As Clough stated typical Jan weather and a league 2 ground.
After 14 pages it has been discussed and Clough knows best,
Back to basics a point away is a good point.
And Brunt goes from player of the week to a villain, with Reed as his accomplice, and our strong squad is devalued because we play the wrong players..
We come back with a vital point having lost our strikers Oates and Gale but we do have a young lad who is having a mare at the moment.
The other team can always score and Clough did not like it but they did.
And they deserved the draw
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:20 pm

I thought the issue was lots of pages when we lost?

Quick question. What it the max pages allowed? I'm a moderator and I am unaware of any limit.

Broomo, am I incorrect that Akins played full back/wing back before? All I said was I'd like to see a certain team. I'm not demanding it. Just one I'd like to see.

Have you not noticed Akins has been off the boil a bit past few games? Have you not noticed will Swan gets 5 or 10 minutes if he's lucky?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:21 pm

Broomo,

What team would you like to see played on Tuesday night using what formation and tactics?
Would be interested in getting your thoughts.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby broomo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:02 pm

Paulstag wrote:Broomo,

What team would you like to see played on Tuesday night using what formation and tactics?

Pym
Bowery Flint Cargill McLoughlin
Brunt
Lewis Maris (or Clarke) Quinn
DKD
Akins

That would be my 11 unless we bring someone in before then.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:10 pm

Do you know if we are close Broomo to bringing anyone in?
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:48 pm

broomo wrote:

Pym
Brunt
DKD
Akins

Based on Clough's own words about players getting fatigued physically &/or mentally I'd rest Akins, push DKD up top and play all the midfielders you've got listed; Maris & Clarke bring energy to the team, Quinn too for as long as he can last. Nice to see there's no Reed, way to negative for my liking.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:28 pm

what wind ? it wasn’t windy at all, and Morecambe moved the ball about OK, got to say they were pretty poor excuses for bad passing and lack of pace and movement particularly in the first half.
Akins had a dreadful game, his 2nd on the trot and Faz absolutely owned him, we need an alternative plan or focal point for our attacks as when he has a bad game he makes us look poor, my Morecambe supporting mates picked him out as the weak link in our side yesterday
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:03 am

Exactly as I saw it. Thought the weather and pitch were weak excuses for a poor performance and very late and ineffective substitutions.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:31 am

bigalstag1 wrote:Exactly as I saw it. Thought the weather and pitch were weak excuses for a poor performance and very late and ineffective substitutions.

We were winning, they scored. We made changes. They kept ball in play for about 5 / 6 mins when we tried to make subs.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:05 am

The only wind at Saturday's match was from the lads in the away end who had been on the pop all weekend in Lancaster
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 am

there was a wind at pitchside, but less than other occasions we have played at Morecambe. The pitch was bobbly, similar to Mansfield's at present.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby broomo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:17 am

Ralphy wrote:Do you know if we are close Broomo to bringing anyone in?

Unlikely before tomorrow.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:25 am

broomo wrote:

Pym
Brunt
DKD
Akins

We are playing the bottom 2 at home so for me although he is a bit off form I would play Reed instead of Blunt as he is more likely to split the defence.
Lewis, Clarke and Maris in midfield for me.
He's not going to put Swan in for Akins but certainly should a lot earlier if Akins has another poor game.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:16 pm

victor A block wrote:
broomo wrote:

Pym
Brunt
DKD
Akins

We are playing the bottom 2 at home so for me although he is a bit off form I would play Reed instead of Blunt as he is more likely to split the defence.
He's not going to put Swan in for Akins but certainly should a lot earlier if Akins has another poor game.

You have to look forward and then pass in a forward direction to split the defence, Reed does neither :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:18 pm

pemill wrote:
victor A block wrote:
broomo wrote:

Pym
Brunt
DKD
Akins

You have to look forward and then pass in a forward direction to split the defence, Reed does neither :roll:

now ya for it :shock:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:56 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I thought the issue was lots of pages when we lost?

Quick question. What it the max pages allowed? I'm a moderator and I am unaware of any limit.

Broomo, am I incorrect that Akins played full back/wing back before? All I said was I'd like to see a certain team. I'm not demanding it. Just one I'd like to see.

Have you not noticed Akins has been off the boil a bit past few games? Have you not noticed will Swan gets 5 or 10 minutes if he's lucky?

Having seen the interest a non -league club like Chesterfield get on stagsnet it seems when Mansfield are playing well and winning you would expect spirits would be high and spirits to be high.
But 6 to 8 pages seem to express our joy, But a loss at home and a good draw away brings 14 pages- with Manager and players brought into question and enjoy being a critic.
Their is no limit to how many times some one is unhappy with the club it seems to be a favourite pass time.
But when professionals are asked about the team we get excellent brilliant to be only 2 games beaten, and are pleased the way the stags are performing.
And give you one professional answer promotion is the aim but 1 game at a time and see were it takes us,.
Im just so sad that a club doing so many good things and planning for a sustainable future, only attracts interest when it stumbles.
Flint -Kilgoure would not sign for a club who was negative, , proud to be a Happy Clapper
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:41 pm

bear 73 wrote:

Having seen the interest a non -league club like Chesterfield get on stagsnet it seems when Mansfield are playing well and winning you would expect spirits would be high and spirits to be high.
But 6 to 8 pages seem to express our joy, But a loss at home and a good draw away brings 14 pages- with Manager and players brought into question and enjoy being a critic.
Their is no limit to how many times some one is unhappy with the club it seems to be a favourite pass time.
But when professionals are asked about the team we get excellent brilliant to be only 2 games beaten, and are pleased the way the stags are performing.
And give you one professional answer promotion is the aim but 1 game at a time and see were it takes us,.
Im just so sad that a club doing so many good things and planning for a sustainable future, only attracts interest when it stumbles.
Flint -Kilgoure would not sign for a club who was negative, , proud to be a Happy Clapper

Were you happy with the performance on Saturday?

Were you happy to be sat on a bus for 3 hours to not put our fastest fittest striker on when our other striker was having a stinker?

Were you happy with the formation played on Saturday with the available players?
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:51 pm

A good turn out from the 1,192 Stags fans. 7 coaches parked around the back. Over three times higher than previous seasons although a few games were on Tuesday nights.

Mansfield Fans at Morecambe
2023-2024 - 1,192
2020-2021 (Behind Closed Doors)
2019-2020 - 337
2018-2019 - 114 (Tuesday)
2017-2018 - 334
2016-2017 - 327
2015-2016 - 77 (Tuesday)
2014-2015 - 83 (Tuesday)
2013-2014 - 345
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:31 pm

Paulstag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Were you happy with the performance on Saturday?

Were you happy to be sat on a bus for 3 hours to not put our fastest fittest striker on when our other striker was having a stinker?

Were you happy with the formation played on Saturday with the available players?

You dont have to perform away from home coming back with point is the first aim, the home team has to entertain, enjoy not losing.
Our fittest fastest striker was injured, we had Gale injured and Swan with no target man would get battered
Me being happy with the formation, i had no idea what formation or players on their books, as Martin stated they broke through the middle early in the game, and Clough closed it down putting Brunt in there.
3 hours on a coach with a point in the boot happy days.
What team aint happy with a point away from home,
Number 1 rule one game at a time see where it take us
Perhaps you are into May already sorry a lot more football to play yet, you are wishing your life away, enjoy the ride their are more bumps to come
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum