{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Desperately seeking Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Desperately seeking Nigel

Postby victor A block » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:15 pm

Don't know how to post the link but a great track by 80's mod revival band the Long Ryders "Looking For Lewis and Clark" It was in my mind for the first 70 mins yesterday.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:25 pm

victor A block wrote:Don't know how to post the link but a great track by 80's mod revival band the Long Ryders "Looking For Lewis and Clark" It was in my mind for the first 70 mins yesterday.

;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:07 pm

broomo wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:The Reed and Brunt together is a strange one at home....

I would like to see this at home

Pym
Bowery Flint Cargill Macca
Brunt
Lewis Clarke
Maris

DKD Akins

And when we sign the striker we're all crying out for?

How would your line up look then?

Depends what type of striker we sign broomo
If its an Akins type one then he sits out if its more DKD type then Maris misses out as DKD drops to CAM.

I'm hoping it's Gregory ,not a slight on Lucas but Gregory is a massive upgrade on him .

Lucas hold up play is pivotal to us as we all know but he just doesn't score enough.

Gregory does both way better for me.

He would be the player that takes us up in my view.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Perhaps Nigel went on Bishop Street side to check on the ground conditions on that wing.

So in second half deciding which wing would produce better attacking options.

Perhaps it turned out that conditions that side of the pitch were as bad as the West Stand side.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:03 pm

part time pete wrote:Perhaps Nigel went on Bishop Street side to check on the ground conditions on that wing.

So in second half deciding which wing would produce better attacking options.

Perhaps it turned out that conditions that side of the pitch were as bad as the West Stand side.

That makes more sense
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 pm

Maybe moving the dugouts back over that side less abuse
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:29 pm

bluenyellow wrote:Maybe moving the dugouts back over that side less abuse
Nail on the head. Like a previous manager did. The manager should be given every chance to do his matchday job properly. Nothing against fair criticism, but there is a right time and a right place.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:14 pm

And what do you do when a stand is put up over that side, wheel the dugouts into the groundsman shed. I've never read as as much bs over such an hyped up nonsense. If there are problems behind the dugouts, then let the stewards sort it out. I would have thought the manager has more important things to deal with, other than hiding on the opposite side of the ground, to prove a point
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:21 pm

Are you saying that he was hiding over there to prove a point?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:46 pm

I think he was possibly trying to prove a point but not hiding.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Nail on the head. Like a previous manager did. The manager should be given every chance to do his matchday job properly. Nothing against fair criticism, but there is a right time and a right place.

Didn't appear to make much difference which side Nigel was watching.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:08 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Didn't appear to make much difference which side Nigel was watching.
First league game we lost at home this season so maybe it did !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:57 pm

Better still , don't let anybody into the ground and the management won't hear anything. Club wouldn't last long though!
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:16 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Better still , don't let anybody into the ground and the management won't hear anything. Club wouldn't last long though!
That’s a tad extreme :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:12 am

Wow... the importance and influence some people think they have on management decisions and where they sit/stand is laughable.

He can do what he wants. Sit where he wants. Stand where he wants. He doesn't have to explain it to us.

If we'd won and he'd done that, would you be questioning it? or would you assume he's just a "mardarse" because he's scared of people's opinions who have no real experience/knowledge of managing a football team.

Christ on a bike !!!
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:20 am

I suspect someone may have been called out about being a drunken arse and is over compensating a tad.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:32 am

Gruff wrote:Wow... the importance and influence some people think they have on management decisions and where they sit/stand is laughable.

He can do what he wants. Sit where he wants. Stand where he wants. He doesn't have to explain it to us.

If we'd won and he'd done that, would you be questioning it? or would you assume he's just a "mardarse" because he's scared of people's opinions who have no real experience/knowledge of managing a football team.

Christ on a bike !!!

You are completely missing the point. The best place for him to be is in the dugout working with his team. Are you working age ? If so would you be as effective in your job a if someone was constantly slagging you off ? Would you welcome the distraction if you were trying to concentrate on sorting out a work problem ? Who would you blame if you messed up ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:53 am

Wouldn’t even be a thread if we had won the game, don’t really care where he watches the game from tbh
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Phill » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Gruff wrote:Wow... the importance and influence some people think they have on management decisions and where they sit/stand is laughable.

Christ on a bike !!!

You are completely missing the point. The best place for him to be is in the dugout working with his team. Are you working age ? If so would you be as effective in your job a if someone was constantly slagging you off ? Would you welcome the distraction if you were trying to concentrate on sorting out a work problem ? Who would you blame if you messed up ?

In your opinion...
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:12 pm

Phill wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Christ on a bike !!!

In your opinion...
Obviously, if he is allowed no distractions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:40 pm

Read a interesting piece on face book about how fans have not got a clue about the working behind the scenes of a football club.
Also i have read that when players cross that white line the manager has little control of the player and his decisions.
Another popular action in this modern era is communications via a link is accessible from all areas of the ground,
many pundits say you get a lot better view of the action from the stands.
I would have thought what happened in the first two minutes was not in any game plan.
If you had found Nigel he would have been Speechless any way
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:55 pm

Well it appears that we are trying to maximise our attendances with the news that for the County match flag bearers have to inform the club of their wish for tickets 3 weeks in advance of the match. The dugouts on the IG side cause a few seats to be put out of action so maybe the plan is to move them for the remainder of this season to enable those seats to be put back on sale. Maybe Clough was consulted about this and wanted to check out the impact for such a move. It looks like it’s become increasingly obvious to the CEO that the stadium isn’t big enough. There’s the trial of home fans back in the North Stand coming up as well. These are all short-term measures to solve the issue so I’m thinking a long-term solution will be started in the summer.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:And what do you do when a stand is put up over that side, wheel the dugouts into the groundsman shed. I've never read as as much bs over such an hyped up nonsense. If there are problems behind the dugouts, then let the stewards sort it out. I would have thought the manager has more important things to deal with, other than hiding on the opposite side of the ground, to prove a point

And here he is ….have you thought he may have just wanted a different perspective just as some Managers sit in the stand. Of course that’s too straightforward for you.
I’m sure you were delighted at the result on Saturday as you could post.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum