{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts County Fixture / sold out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Notts County Fixture / sold out

Postby ALEX-WHITE » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:58 pm

Not wanting to start another thread on the derelict Bishop Street stand but it seems a shame that when Notts County come to town in February in what loolks to be one of the biggest local derbies in recent history, we will only be able to squeeze just under 7000 home fans.

I know the club are making attempts at getting more in for the North stand for when the away end isn't full but can the club consider tempoary standing terraces running the length of bishop street stand?

I appreciate there will be cost implications with portal's and more catering vans/segregation but surely its do able and will sell out?
ALEX-WHITE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Notts County Fixture

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:01 pm

Not a chance with SAG and H&S
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:31 pm

Machinary needs to get on the pitch to demolish what is there. So not till the end of the season.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 pm

ALEX-WHITE wrote:Not wanting to start another thread on the derelict Bishop Street stand but it seems a shame that when Notts County come to town in February in what loolks to be one of the biggest local derbies in recent history, we will only be able to squeeze just under 7000 home fans.

I know the club are making attempts at getting more in for the North stand for when the away end isn't full but can the club consider tempoary standing terraces running the length of bishop street stand?

I appreciate there will be cost implications with portal's and more catering vans/segregation but surely its do able and will sell out?

Well I'll say it, this should have been done two years ago when attendances rose to over 5,000, as John himself promised. We're going to lose tens, probably hundreds, of thousands, not to mention the casual fans we need to get into the ground being locked out. It's too late now, water under the bridge, but they really must sort it this summer, purely on business grounds if nothing else.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:03 pm

Notts will easily sell out this time. Probably could shift 3000 even to a poohole like Mansfield as we keep getting reminded of. They are taking big numbers away and are second for average away behind Wrexham. We are third by the way.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:19 pm

If we have the third best away following in this league then that really is a proud achievement. Compare Mansfield to the population of most other places.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:51 pm

Is there any scope to install temporary stands on the vast oen spaces betwix the IG and the North stand& Quarry Lane ends.

Wrectum have show this season how quicky these things can be thrown up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:48 pm

five to three wrote:If we have the third best away following in this league then that really is a proud achievement. Compare Mansfield to the population of most other places.

We finished second in the Flitcroft choke season, our away support has been up there for years now.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:08 pm

Sneag wrote:Is there any scope to install temporary stands on the vast oen spaces betwix the IG and the North stand& Quarry Lane ends.

Hold on mate….. just on the line to Nick Knowles. Said his team can have one up in 9 days .Jobs a good un !
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:34 pm

MOTG wrote:
Sneag wrote:Is there any scope to install temporary stands on the vast oen spaces betwix the IG and the North stand& Quarry Lane ends.

Hold on mate….. just on the line to Nick Knowles. Said his team can have one up in 9 days .Jobs a good un !

Sound.

While you're on ask him if Charlie Dimmock can come down & sort the drains out too.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Sneag wrote:
MOTG wrote:

Sound.

While you're on ask him if Charlie Dimmock can come down & sort the drains out too.

And Titmarsh for any landscaping
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MOTG » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:05 pm

MOTG wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MOTG wrote:

Sound.

And Titmarsh for any landscaping

Joking apart Sneag …… What about shipping containers being used to build a stand ? Some may laugh but they were used at one of the grounds in Qatar for the last World Cup. Infact Nottingham Forest were considering the idea last year as a way of increasing the capacity at the City Ground .
Seems a crazy idea but it has been done .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:25 pm

I know the Bishop Street redevelopment has been debated to death & we're all aware of the space constraints on that side, but the quickest way to increase capacity has to be in the voids in the corners.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:01 pm

ST4GS wrote:Notts will easily sell out this time. Probably could shift 3000 even to a poohole like Mansfield as we keep getting reminded of. They are taking big numbers away and are second for average away behind Wrexham. We are third by the way.

We can only take what we are allowed for away games but I’m sure we would take more if allocated . As would Notts etc.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:17 pm

Kick off time still showing as 15:00. Is this accurate or is it likely to change? If it does change they are leaving it very late for us that have to arrange work shifts around football fixtures.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:25 pm

Chris M wrote:Kick off time still showing as 15:00. Is this accurate or is it likely to change? If it does change they are leaving it very late for us that have to arrange work shifts around football fixtures.

John Albanese has posted on facebook the only reason the game at Meadow Lane changed was because of Sky. So I think that suggests the police are not going to ask for it to be moved.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:31 pm

Conker wrote:
five to three wrote:If we have the third best away following in this league then that really is a proud achievement. Compare Mansfield to the population of most other places.

We finished second in the Flitcroft choke season, our away support has been up there for years now.

Which one? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:32 pm

Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:

Which one? ;)

Now now Dan :lol: :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:34 pm

The unforgivable second one!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:

Which one? ;)

:lol: :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:45 pm

Dan wrote:
scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:

Which one? ;)

:lol: :D

Oh god that man still brings me out in cold sweats :lol:

How to make the impossible possible :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:31 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Chris M wrote:Kick off time still showing as 15:00. Is this accurate or is it likely to change? If it does change they are leaving it very late for us that have to arrange work shifts around football fixtures.

John Albanese has posted on facebook the only reason the game at Meadow Lane changed was because of Sky. So I think that suggests the police are not going to ask for it to be moved.

I wouldn't bank on it not being changed. Our previous 4 home league games against them have kicked off at 1pm, 12.15pm, 1pm and 1pm.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:19 pm

Ridge wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I wouldn't bank on it not being changed. Our previous 4 home league games against them have kicked off at 1pm, 12.15pm, 1pm and 1pm.

I'm not banking on anything. But for anyone who doesn't know, John Albanese is the Dedicated Football Officer for MTFC, so if he is suggesting it won't be changed, then that is a very strong indicator.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:55 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Ridge wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I'm not banking on anything. But for anyone who doesn't know, John Albanese is the Dedicated Football Officer for MTFC, so if he is suggesting it won't be changed, then that is a very strong indicator.

A.K.A. Guardian of the Gabbitas Gate
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:55 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Ridge wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

But the Grimsby game was changed for some reason ?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum