{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crewe scorefred sponsored by let’s win and go top

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crewe scorefred sponsored by let’s win and go top

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:56 am

Looking back on yesterday and when you go 1 nil down after 2 mins it was always going to be difficult, they then just sat with 11 men behind the ball. I don’t think we played bad but just looked like we ran out of ideas, I think we need to scrap the 4231 when at home and I think we need a couple of new attacking players to give us fresh ideas.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:48 pm

Said it yesterday,we set up far too defensively at home, invite pressure, even from the poorest teams, and then struggle. The managers reluctance to play Clarke and Maris together in midfield is baffling, along with using stop gap players when he has players fit, who would normally play in that position.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:01 pm

They’ve started 9 league games together by my quick skim. We’re unbeaten in those (only lost two obviously), winning 6 and drawing 3, although one of those wins we were drawing at half time when Clarke was subbed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:04 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:42 pm

We are top of the league-we are top of the league, i was ready to sing it yesterday, oh what a disappointment the whole Mansfield fan base was flat.
I could talk about players and my opinions Flint up top, ,Akins not winning a ball,a slow midfield and of course strikers or lack off.
But what a great game to reflect on the future. Crewe like many in this league 2-3 pacey players a couple of ball winners, and a couple of physical defenders.
Defend in depth and counter attack.
Our defence is good our midfield is as good as any in the league.
Attack Oates-Gale injured, Akins plus Bowery not physical enough. the Defenders of Crewe just bullied Akins.
Swan is our fox in the box but D_K-D his doing is job and Swan looks like a fish out of water., 5 strikers and its the midfield getting most of the goals.
We need a presence up front, Oates was our ace in the whole but seems to be injury prone,.
Akins is a play maker not a striker, a good striker picks up yellow cards, it is a very physical role to knock chunks out of six foot four blokes.
January is key to our promotion push a bit more of the jig saw to complete.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:07 pm

bear 73 wrote:We are top of the league-we are top of the league, i was ready to sing it yesterday, oh what a disappointment the whole Mansfield fan base was flat.
I could talk about players and my opinions Flint up top, ,Akins not winning a ball,a slow midfield and of course strikers or lack off.
But what a great game to reflect on the future. Crewe like many in this league 2-3 pacey players a couple of ball winners, and a couple of physical defenders.
Defend in depth and counter attack.
Our defence is good our midfield is as good as any in the league.
Attack Oates-Gale injured, Akins plus Bowery not physical enough. the Defenders of Crewe just bullied Akins.
Swan is our fox in the box but D_K-D his doing is job and Swan looks like a fish out of water., 5 strikers and its the midfield getting most of the goals.
We need a presence up front, Oates was our ace in the whole but seems to be injury prone,.
Akins is a play maker not a striker, a good striker picks up yellow cards, it is a very physical role to knock chunks out of six foot four blokes.
January is key to our promotion push a bit more of the jig saw to complete.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum