{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans behind dugouts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Fans behind dugouts

Postby Tawnystag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:44 pm

Some of the fans behind both dugouts this season have been embarrassing. I’m not sure what they are hoping to achieve by hurling abuse at our own players and management team. Interesting that NC called it out today, it’s becoming a real problem.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Fans behind dugouts

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:15 am

Tawnystag wrote:Some of the fans behind both dugouts this season have been embarrassing. I’m not sure what they are hoping to achieve by hurling abuse at our own players and management team. Interesting that NC called it out today, it’s becoming a real problem.

Utter morons, they should stay at home, I saw the two who were having a go at Clough and Garner and the Steward had to have words. We are flipping 2nd in the League, someone should tell them but even if they did they wouldn't understand. We have some fantastic supporters, truly magnificent who follow our club through thin, thinner and occasional joy, we also have a very small number who should raspberry off and support a Premier League team instead.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:48 am

Those behind the dugouts have been the same for years.

They hurled abuse when we were flying under Evans too, I'm sure when Evans used to call out idiotic fans in his post match pressers it was aimed at them.

From personal experience when friends and family members used to help out the club with the stretcher bearing job (fans still do that job today actually) those offensive term removed behind the dugouts have regularly hurled abuse at them too.

They just come to the game to gob off at all and sundry, the kind of blokes who need to, let's say, gob off at the wrong person who will put them in their place eventually and force the issue of sitting them back down....

I think the same offensive term removed initiated the abuse with James McClean at Wrexham and thrived when they were getting the reaction they wanted back.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:01 am

Yes, there are a few infront of me sort of 4 rows back slightly to the right of dugout. Every week....
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:55 am

If they keep hurling abuse at our players & management, stewards just need to evict them every time it carries on..... Will they be heckling if we get over the line? .. NO I don't think so
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:00 am

Wouldn't be Field Mill if it wasn't for the smattering of the mentally handicapped abuse yelling thumpers who thrive off the negative and fail to contribute anything else.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:24 am

Has anyone pointed out to Clough that what he hears is from a small group who position themselves so that the manager hears their "opinions"?

I got the impression with Evans that he assumed that he was listening to a representative sample of Stags fans, and if he cared about the club at all then he certainly didn't feel the need to please a load of abusive morons.

Although he'll have heard idiots plenty of times over the years it may be that Clough starts to believe that Mansfield has an unusually high proportion, and that his future will be at a club with a more appreciative and loyal following.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:38 am

I think having seen this and being like everyone else on this thread, this absolute Pond Life shouting abuse needs pointing our and shaming by everyone within earshot.
It's completely out of order, will drive people away Inc our mamager and his team.
I'd go so far as to name them on here, a bit like those who racially abuse players.
It will stop then, I've no doubt they will be STH's so you can't even point the fingers at casual fans...they need rooting out.
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:43 am

Not dissimilar to the old man a row behind us about 5 down having a go at bowery all game saying how raspberries he was before choosing a few choice racist words at full time, christ alive.

If i hear that next game im getting a steward involved, it’s unreal to have this going on.

I saw the manager interacting with those behind them, makes you wonder why they bother sometimes.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:18 am

Oh dear after abusing players and management the match day experience is to belittle your own,
One loss in 23 games undefeated at home in the league , and 2nd in the league, table and gaining respect as a football club still with a long way to go.
Just maybe we have found out what has been holding the club back a lack of respect for our club, .
If fans dont respect the club how can we expect the employees to give a monkeys.
Just before a important game that will be of interest to many league two fans, after a good run of results 10 points out of a possible 12.
A shadow thats been there for years is highlighted,
But its just a opinion , who needs facts.
Joy and disappointment any football club has to share these emotions,
They pay there money and its their choice, all clubs have these so called fans
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:35 am

The behaviour of some of our season ticket holders last night really got to me. There are a few people in the area where I sit who get over excited and shout some nonsense but they are overwhelmingly the first to back the team when things are going well.
For me, it is the season ticket holders who shout targeted jibes at named players, often loud enough to be heard, which winds me up.
Adamstag you really should report the guy shouting racist abuse. It is just not acceptable and is a criminal / banworthy act

What is the point of telling Akins that he might as well come and sit next to them or screaming 'Get him off' at Bowery when he makes a mistake?
Strangely for the guy who cheered when Akins was subbed, he never criticised Maris, Reed or Brunt who had equally disappointing performances.

I am sure some will they have paid their admission price so have the right to do it but what is the purpose of abusing players who are in League 2 and often have confidence issues.

For me, the booing really got to me, but it didn't annoy me as much as it did the guy on Facebook who demands that those who booed should be "nailed to their mother's door, and have a bucket of p1ss thrown at them daily" :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:47 am

Last night was the sort of game that would have even the happiest of clappers exasperated & appealling to the four foot snake given the amount of sloppy passing on display.

However there are always those who will cross the line into personal abuse at the first opportunity. The irony is, as others have pointed out, that these aren't Johnny Comelatelies, these are people who have been following the club (I wouldn't say supporting) for decades.

In the bad old days of 2,000 gates they made a visit to Field Mill a very unpleasant experience, because it didn't matter where you sat you could hear the raspberries.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:04 am

What do they get out of it ? Beggars belief.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:07 am

adamstag wrote:Not dissimilar to the old man a row behind us about 5 down having a go at bowery all game saying how raspberries he was before choosing a few choice racist words at full time, christ alive.

If i hear that next game im getting a steward involved, it’s unreal to have this going on.

I saw the manager interacting with those behind them, makes you wonder why they bother sometimes.

Don't know if it's the same guy behind me in IG Upper but every game he's on Bowery's case. Never sees him do anything right and always calling for him to be subbed. To be fair I've not heard any racial shouts aimed JB9.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:18 am

We are two families taking 10 seats behind the dugout. We had pieces of paper stuck to our seats by the club recently, highlighting it as being part of the abusive behaviour section. But that’s it.

The only time I’ve seen anything said by stewards is when one of them gets his vape out.

The constant abuse towards NC and our players, standing up, throwing things at the dugout and arguing with other fans goes unnoticed and unpunished. Everyone pays their money and is entitled to their opinion, but this is unacceptable and unpleasant. Anyone hearing racist abuse has a duty to report it immediately.

You can see why we are a stronger team away from home.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:53 am

The stewards should boot them out and make them walk the long way out so we can show our displeasure at their behaviour.

There was someone booing at full time in the upper tier L block.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:07 am

Field Mill has been littered with plebs for years, it was only 3 home games ago Garner got into a heated argument with someone behind the home dugout. Everyone’s a manager and knows better than a management team that have been doing it for 25 odd years
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:09 am

What they booting them out for? For having the wrong opinion? Bit odd, that
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:17 am

They don't want booting out, they want inviting into the newly founded 'Chimps, raspberry and R'soles enclosure' for special people who regular folk want to avoid.

Field Mill is full of the miserable jaundiced pessimistic variety of human being but those who hurt abuse at our own staff are a particularly special kind of bonehead.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:43 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:The behaviour of some of our season ticket holders last night really got to me. There are a few people in the area where I sit who get over excited and shout some nonsense but they are overwhelmingly the first to back the team when things are going well.
For me, it is the season ticket holders who shout targeted jibes at named players, often loud enough to be heard, which winds me up.
Adamstag you really should report the guy shouting racist abuse. It is just not acceptable and is a criminal / banworthy act

What is the point of telling Akins that he might as well come and sit next to them or screaming 'Get him off' at Bowery when he makes a mistake?
Strangely for the guy who cheered when Akins was subbed, he never criticised Maris, Reed or Brunt who had equally disappointing performances.

I am sure some will they have paid their admission price so have the right to do it but what is the purpose of abusing players who are in League 2 and often have confidence issues.

For me, the booing really got to me, but it didn't annoy me as much as it did the guy on Facebook who demands that those who booed should be "nailed to their mother's door, and have a bucket of p1ss thrown at them daily" :lol:

I think that’s an entirely proportionate response :lol:
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:44 am

DoomMerchant wrote:They don't want booting out, they want inviting into the newly founded 'Chimps, raspberry and R'soles enclosure' for special people who regular folk want to avoid.

Field Mill is full of the miserable jaundiced pessimistic variety of human being but those who hurt abuse at our own staff are a particularly special kind of bonehead.

Good post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:53 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:What they booting them out for? For having the wrong opinion? Bit odd, that

Adamstag has referred to racist shouts at a black player and Tawnystag has said that
We had pieces of paper stuck to our seats by the club recently, highlighting it as being part of the abusive behaviour section.
and
The constant abuse towards NC and our players, standing up, throwing things at the dugout and arguing with other fans goes unnoticed and unpunished.

You think that that is just having the wrong opinion?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:02 pm

Tawnystag wrote:We are two families taking 10 seats behind the dugout. We had pieces of paper stuck to our seats by the club recently, highlighting it as being part of the abusive behaviour section. But that’s it.

The only time I’ve seen anything said by stewards is when one of them gets his vape out.

The constant abuse towards NC and our players, standing up, throwing things at the dugout and arguing with other fans goes unnoticed and unpunished. Everyone pays their money and is entitled to their opinion, but this is unacceptable and unpleasant. Anyone hearing racist abuse has a duty to report it immediately.

You can see why we are a stronger team away from home.

Beep
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:06 pm

adamstag wrote:Not dissimilar to the old man a row behind us about 5 down having a go at bowery all game saying how raspberries he was before choosing a few choice racist words at full time, christ alive.

I guess he must have been just a tiny bit racist if you felt it was not worth confronting or reporting him this time .

Stewards are there to do a job and the ones I have spoken to have been fairly proactive when encouraged to be so .We had someone vaping during the games . I asked him to stop and he more or less completely ignored me . I asked a steward why he chose to ignore someone vaping and he did have a word .next 3 or 4 games this bloke would vape until the steward asked him to stop at which point he would acknowledge the steward , gesture an apology and stop vaping . I informed the steward that I intended to ask the club regarding the policy for vaping during games . The steward assured me that it would not happen again. To the steward’s credit the problem has now been resolved.

There are announcements before every game regarding reporting abuse if you hear it . If you are not confident enough to confront someone, and let’s be honest we do have some cretins going to games, report it to a steward and ask him for feedback. If you feel that strongly about it then don’t let the issue drop
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimmy11 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:17 pm

I've witnessed this behaviour for years at Field Mill and it's depressing! It is no longer acceptable that human beings who are staff or players have to endure the abuse or supposed banter/humour ( yes that is the answer these people give when challenged). I'll don't accept the "I've paid my money so I'm entitled to shout abuse at anyone because it's a football match". Please support the manager,staff and players by stopping this hate/negativity. God only knows what the wonderful Radfords make of it all.
Jimmy11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum