{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans behind dugouts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans behind dugouts

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:30 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Not dissimilar to the old man a row behind us about 5 down having a go at bowery all game saying how raspberries he was before choosing a few choice racist words at full time, christ alive.

If i hear that next game im getting a steward involved, it’s unreal to have this going on.

I saw the manager interacting with those behind them, makes you wonder why they bother sometimes.

I guess he must have been just a tiny bit racist if you felt it was not worth confronting or reporting him this time .

Stewards are there to do a job and the ones I have spoken to have been fairly proactive when encouraged to be so .We had someone vaping during the games . I asked him to stop and he more or less completely ignored me . I asked a steward why he chose to ignore someone vaping and he did have a word .next 3 or 4 games this bloke would vape until the steward asked him to stop at which point he would acknowledge the steward , gesture an apology and stop vaping . I informed the steward that I intended to ask the club regarding the policy for vaping during games . The steward assured me that it would not happen again. To the steward’s credit the problem has now been resolved.

There are announcements before every game regarding reporting abuse if you hear it . If you are not confident enough to confront someone, and let’s be honest we do have some cretins going to games, report it to a steward and ask him for feedback. If you feel that strongly about it then don’t let the issue drop

The racist comment was at the end rather than during the game, and was halfway in between clapping the players off and trying to locate him while walking down - but also the stewards disappear at full time which makes it equally challenging.

I shall be listening in next home game, believe me.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:31 pm

Jimmy11 wrote:I've witnessed this behaviour for years at Field Mill and it's depressing! It is no longer acceptable that human beings who are staff or players have to endure the abuse or supposed banter/humour ( yes that is the answer these people give when challenged). I'll don't accept the "I've paid my money so I'm entitled to shout abuse at anyone because it's a football match". Please support the manager,staff and players by stopping this hate/negativity. God only knows what the wonderful Radfords make of it all.

To busy letting people paddle through piss apparently :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Thes people are pathetic ...never happy and just go to the games for a moan & pull our club to bits ..whats not to like ?
One defeat in the league sitting 2nd playing some great football ..gates are up massively from previous seasons and great owners .. if they aren’t happy sod off to delusional sheep dip across the M1 ....
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:03 pm

Few posts being deleted on this thread
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:08 pm

The guy garner had a go at had gone to shout at nigel to get macca on in place of bowery,nigel told him to come and do the job if he could do better,Garnes then had a rite go at him told the stewards he never wants to see him again.The bloke replied i only wanted macca on.
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:13 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Few posts being deleted on this thread

Some folk can be a bit precious.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:49 pm

bluenyellow wrote:The guy garner had a go at had gone to shout at nigel to get macca on in place of bowery,nigel told him to come and do the job if he could do better,Garnes then had a rite go at him told the stewards he never wants to see him again.The bloke replied i only wanted macca on.

It would be fascinating to know if the bloke thought that he would persuade the manager to make a change to the playing line up because he shouted at him to do so.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:04 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
bluenyellow wrote:The guy garner had a go at had gone to shout at nigel to get macca on in place of bowery,nigel told him to come and do the job if he could do better,Garnes then had a rite go at him told the stewards he never wants to see him again.The bloke replied i only wanted macca on.

It would be fascinating to know if the bloke thought that he would persuade the manager to make a change to the playing line up because he shouted at him to do so.

Sounds to me like the manager literally told him to come and did his job (and thus the change) for him.
Don't ask don't get I suppose
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Class of 02 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:18 pm

I've had a season ticket on and off for thirty odd years, punctuated by involvement in youth and local football. Been coming regularly since the 70s.
This year's ticket is the first for 5 years and I'm right behind the dug outs. It's awful, truly awful at times. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but this is off the scale. Zero knowledge and huge volume is a really poor combination but I have to ask how long some of these people have been watching if they think last night is something to kick off about?
1 defeat in 23 and tge bench are having to react to irate fans? Love tge fact that we get big crowds now but I can't help thinking that with increased numbers comes a higher percentage of morons.
I really hope the players and staff appreciate that it's a tiny minority.
Class of 02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chris M » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:23 pm

I don’t think you can label everyone who sits behind the dugouts sub human, after all many season ticket holders in that area were using the same seats when the dugouts were in front of Bishop Street Stand.
It was Steve Evans who moved the dugouts to the current position to make for a more intimidating atmosphere for the visiting team.
I sit between the dugouts about halfway up. I am not sure who the chap was who Nigel had words with last night, who Garner then had far stronger words with. He appeared to make his way from my left to speak to Cloughie. I have not seen him before. I think that he made his comments very personal by moving so close to the home dugout. Not long afterwards I think Nigel put his foot through the Perspex cover, either in frustration with the “fan” conversation or perhaps when Donny had a corner and no one attempted to take it.
I sometimes vent my frustration towards the away dugout when teams attempt to wind the clock down or pretend to be injured, but never offer anything but encouragement to our team.
The last time I criticised one of our own players (Gordon Owen) in around 1989, he made it clear he would meet me in the car park at 16:45pm. Lesson learnt!
Football is always going to be an emotional game, but some people go too far in their criticism of our team.
The last two home games have been very quiet despite large crowds. Perhaps if home supporters were more vocal they could drown out the negative comments from the minority?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:34 pm

There's a thread next door trying to get men to open up and discuss their true feelings, but on here we're perhaps unfairly putting someone through a kangaroo court because they don't feel they can express their true feelings due to misguided male values of football. God knows what impact this thread might be having on them in the cold light of day.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm

I don’t think Clough will be bothered by those around him one bit. He’s seen all sorts. We have some in the QLE who think Clough and his tactics are rubbish every game, even when we win. These same blokes haven’t managed at the level Nigel has…that I’m sure of. We all get annoyed and some of us shout up, when things aren’t going our way, but some of the garbage spouted forth at the games is utterly embarrassing at times. These same fans were more than likely missing during the non league years. We sit almost top of the league and need to enjoy the season…the good seasons don’t come round often. Players can’t play well every game, however the fight and passion was still there and that’s good enough for me when you’re not at your best! COYS.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:22 pm

I think the criticism Nigel got from the few behind the dugouts made him more stubborn in the defence of his team than he otherwise would have been last night. I can’t believe he was as genuinely pleased with his teams performance as he portrayed last night, but perhaps felt the need to defend them in the context of the whole season which has been outstanding to this point.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:32 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

There's a thread next door trying to get men to open up and discuss their true feelings, but on here we're perhaps unfairly putting someone through a kangaroo court because they don't feel they can express their true feelings due to misguided male values of football. God knows what impact this thread might be having on them in the cold light of day.

Get over yourself, do you really think that this is a kangaroo court? Has he been named?
I suspect the fact that the manager and the assistant manager of his beloved club demanded for him to be moved and this was done in front of other people would impact him much more. I await you slagging Garner and Clough off for outing him publicly and setting off a kangaroo court, but I suspect that you won't because you know it is nonsense.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:55 pm

trust me to miss all the fun, bloomin work in the way AGAIN roll on retirement
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PostmanPat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I think the criticism Nigel got from the few behind the dugouts made him more stubborn in the defence of his team than he otherwise would have been last night. I can’t believe he was as genuinely pleased with his teams performance as he portrayed last night, but perhaps felt the need to defend them in the context of the whole season which has been outstanding to this point.

Absolutely. Thought his substitutions were poor last night. On the whole what a start to the season but think he definitely watched a different game to me last night.
PostmanPat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:06 pm

I've not contributed to the 'thread next door' for a valid reason. I struggle with seasonal affective disorder - which strangely a lot of 'men' think is nonsense. However, this has gone on for years and what makes it acutely worse in those long grim winter months is negativity - whatever the environment negativity compounds the symptoms. So it's interesting that you seem to think that these ignorant blowhards help their mental health cause by berating and lambasting folks on the field and the dugout, because, it's precisely these types and their perpetual bull who undermine my own mental well-being. I'll miss 5-6 games from my season ticket because I'm listening to this type of crap and I have to move myself away from them before it meddles with my moods. Mansfield Town could lose every game and it doesn't have the same impact as a rampant shouty bellraspberry with a red face and a plethora of unwarranted expletives does.

So stick your thesis up your wrong un.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Iknownothing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:17 pm

DoomMerchant your comments on metally handicapped and special people is offensive. Stagsmanrob your comments on offensive term removed is extremilly offensive
Iknownothing
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:21 pm

Iknownothing wrote:DoomMerchant your comments on metally handicapped and special people is offensive. Stagsmanrob your comments on offensive term removed is extremilly offensive

Thanks for your contributions.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I've not contributed to the 'thread next door' for a valid reason. I struggle with seasonal affective disorder - which strangely a lot of 'men' think is nonsense. However, this has gone on for years and what makes it acutely worse in those long grim winter months is negativity - whatever the environment negativity compounds the symptoms. So it's interesting that you seem to think that these ignorant blowhards help their mental health cause by berating and lambasting folks on the field and the dugout, because, it's precisely these types and their perpetual bull who undermine my own mental well-being. I'll miss 5-6 games from my season ticket because I'm listening to this type of crap and I have to move myself away from them before it meddles with my moods. Mansfield Town could lose every game and it doesn't have the same impact as a rampant shouty bellraspberry with a red face and a plethora of unwarranted expletives does.

So stick your thesis up your wrong un.

Sorry to hear that. What you say is absolutely fine, apart from your last comment which I won't do, thanks.

I'm not saying anyone should release their stresses at your expense, and it's not acceptable, but perhaps they feel as if they can't express it any other way. As an eloquent young man you might want to help them find alternative solutions. That might help you both.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:52 pm

Iknownothing wrote:DoomMerchant your comments on metally handicapped and special people is offensive. Stagsmanrob your comments on offensive term removed is extremilly offensive

Tell that to Ricky Gervais. He did a whole talk on why it isn't offensive and is a common expression in the english language. There is no more fitting word to describe the idiots behind the dugouts. If you can think of a better one that doesn't affect your snowflakey ability to "choose" to take offence, then I'll use that to not hurt only your fraglie little feelings :thumbup:
Last edited by stagmanrob on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:53 pm

One problem having a season ticket when it’s a full house all the time is having to endure a full season stuck in an area near big mouthed ignorant so called supporters. I never want the 2,500 crowd days again but I do miss being able to move around each game. I enjoy away matches because you can move around and mingle and meet fellow stags and also move away from idiots.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Iknownothing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:20 pm

Why has 'offensive term removed' been inserted in place of the the word you used, because the term is offensive
Iknownothing
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:32 pm

Iknownothing wrote:Why has 'offensive term removed' been inserted in place of the the word you used, because the term is offensive

the singular of the word was already in the word censor and automatically replaced. I have added the plural of the word to the word censor. The word censor is mostly used for swear words, but also for other words which some people use to be offensive.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Iknownothing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:43 pm

— Although Gervais claims 'm**** is no longer a derogatory term, the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) still classifies it as offensive:
Iknownothing
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum