{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold - new interest-free opt

Postby Oladamber66 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:49 am

Ground share with who !???....this thread started off about the amount of season tickets we had sold ......now its new stand ,ground share .....i think a lick of paint to spruce the west stand ..would be money better spent for a start ....
First impressions and all that !!!
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Ralphy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:51 am

Anyway we’ll done on shifting over 4K in season tickets, good effort that and still only June
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:53 am

It's clearly not impossible, but logistically the more.constrained the site the more.costly it becomes.

Ideal scenario is we acquired the oasis gym site and a few houses behind the bishop to make it all easier.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:56 am

It could be done with a small tower crane quite easily.
Moving the water tanks is not a major job, drain them down move them and extend the existing pipework to the new location.
The most time-consuming part will be taking down and removing the old stand.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:53 am

The most frustating part for me is the fact it’s not knocked down yet. The lost ad revenue is nonsense you can still put them up.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:03 am

Great support from Stags fans.

"Northampton have now sold more than 3,600 season tickets for the 2023/24 campaign, the highest number of season tickets sold for a single season since the turn of the millennium, beating the previous highs in 2006/07 and 2016/17."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 am

Did we get a final early bird tally for our sales?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:52 am

Forest retained their premier league status, Notts county look to be on the crest of a wave, and after a largely uninspiring season where we didn't play well at home or even get the playoffs, were doing amazingly on ST sales.

Some people said that our numbers would drop away if other local clubs started to do well. Doesn't seem so.

The strength of fans returning is brilliant. It warrants a bishop Street rebuild now and for the future. If we do ever go up, we'll be stuck without it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:21 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Surely the least disruptive option would be to just knock down the existing satand and make it a terrace.

But as has been said before, the admission for a terrace would be less, so on the majority of games you would be reducing your income as people who would have payed seating price will go on the terrace instead. On top of that the club would then have the extra cost to staff and steward an additional stand.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dan wrote:There’s only one corner you could build in and they won’t do that as it means home fans getting closer to the away fans.

Why couldn't the QLE corner be done Dan? It'd be a great opportunity to build a new club shop/dressing rooms/ offices etc.

They don't even lower the floodlights any more for maintenance. They were doing that actual corner off of cherry picker last Monday morning.

I don’t think the logistics would allow it mate. You’ve got the tunnel, floodlight pylon, a big slope, parking space for the away coach etc
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:03 pm

Ground shares, filling in the corners, new stands …. Not one home sellout last season!

The uptake of season tickets is great but the Radfords are right in waiting for a promotion to pull the trigger on it. If we could hold our nerve at the business end of the season we’d have had it done 3 times over :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Ground shares, filling in the corners, new stands …. Not one home sellout last season!

The uptake of season tickets is great but the Radfords are right in waiting for a promotion to pull the trigger on it. If we could hold our nerve at the business end of the season we’d have had it done 3 times over :lol:

This is the flaw in your argument, if we wait until promotion the stand won't suddenly appear, it will probably take 12 months plus. How much money over a season in League 1 could that potentially cost the club? This is ignoring the fact that it is also likely we would sell out of season tickets meaning Stags fans could be locked out whilst for many games 1000-1500 seats go unused.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:53 pm

How many does the club have to hold back for pay on the day fans?
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:54 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:Ground share with who !???....this thread started off about the amount of season tickets we had sold ......now its new stand ,ground share .....i think a lick of paint to spruce the west stand ..would be money better spent for a start ....
First impressions and all that !!!
I think the idea is to increase the capacity of the ground. A lick of paint might make the stand look less of an eyesore but wouldn't solve the problem. Let's face it, the Bishop Street stand is a wreck. Whilst I don't subscribe to the view that now is the right time to do it, when the time does come then it needs to be done properly. It's like when you refurbish a room at home, all the other rooms in the house become less accessible. Likewise I think when (if) the time comes to replace the stand then groundsharing for a season might be the best solution. That said, it wouldn't go down well and we would lose numbers that season and possibly subsequent ones. Not an easy decision and maybe that's why the can keeps being kicked down the road.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:28 pm

Rob wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Ground shares, filling in the corners, new stands …. Not one home sellout last season!

This is the flaw in your argument, if we wait until promotion the stand won't suddenly appear, it will probably take 12 months plus. How much money over a season in League 1 could that potentially cost the club? This is ignoring the fact that it is also likely we would sell out of season tickets meaning Stags fans could be locked out whilst for many games 1000-1500 seats go unused.

Fully take that on board, but we’ve been trying to get out of this league seriously for about 8 years now and can’t do it and the league is only getting stronger. We might spend a load of money on a new stand and have another 8 years in league 2 and it sits there half empty, along with 2 other half empty stands because everybody is spread out! I’d rather use the money to invest in the playing squad wherever possible and get this promotion we all crave. If we get to league one and we are selling out every week whilst a new stand gets built so be it - won’t be the worst position to be in.

I’d like a new stand as much as the rest of us but the timing needs to be right. I can see why they are waiting.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Holds back 10%. 6,900 home tickets, holds back approx 700. Can sell 6,200 in advance if not all ticket
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:45 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Fully take that on board, but we’ve been trying to get out of this league seriously for about 8 years now and can’t do it and the league is only getting stronger. We might spend a load of money on a new stand and have another 8 years in league 2 and it sits there half empty, along with 2 other half empty stands because everybody is spread out! I’d rather use the money to invest in the playing squad wherever possible and get this promotion we all crave. If we get to league one and we are selling out every week whilst a new stand gets built so be it - won’t be the worst position to be in.

I’d like a new stand as much as the rest of us but the timing needs to be right. I can see why they are waiting.

That time might be getting nearer. One thing is for sure, if it gets the go ahead, we’ll be doing something right on the pitch. I think they’ll only consider it if we get promoted and stick in the top half for a few seasons.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:25 pm

Sadly where we miss out is away fans.

Such a shame that stand was done on the cheap and doesn’t do the length of the pitch, would easily hold another 300-400 in both stands if so.
Last edited by adamstag on Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:46 pm

All down to Haslam's unwillingness to add extra cash and build a ground on the cheap.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:19 pm

I think a plain simple terrace would be ideal. But I wouldn't allow season tickets to be sold for it.

Then it can be used in the way the club wants. If a big side like Bradford comes to town and wants 3k, then we can give the stand to them.

Or if the club wants more stags fans in there, they can allow more stags fans to go in there.

Why are people trying to complicate things? All you need is an open terrace, you don't even need a roof. It's all about extra capacity and money, not how it looks.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny H » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:41 pm

The season ticket sales is great

Would love to see a breakdown once the season starts and we have final numbers
Adults WSU
Adults WSL
Adults QLS
Kids etc etc
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:57 pm

adamstag wrote:Sadly where we miss out is away fans.

Such a shame that stand was done on the cheap and doesn’t do the length of the pitch, would easily hold another 300-400 in both stands if so.

If we ever redevelop the Bish I’d put the away fans in there. Create an entrance for them at the Bishop Street end of the North Stand (it could even be one of the North Stand entrances) and move the Gabbitas gate further down to separate the entrances, there’d have to be no change to the flow of fans as they’d still come in from the train station side and the retail park can house the coaches. Stockport do similar for their away end - there’s no entrance at the end, the home and away fans go in side by side at the side.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Marky Mark wrote:

If we ever redevelop the Bish I’d put the away fans in there. Create an entrance for them at the Bishop Street end of the North Stand (it could even be one of the North Stand entrances) and move the Gabbitas gate further down to separate the entrances, there’d have to be no change to the flow of fans as they’d still come in from the train station side and the retail park can house the coaches. Stockport do similar for their away end - there’s no entrance at the end, the home and away fans go in side by side at the side.

Definitely. Keep behind the goals for home fans only! Totally agree, however it probably can’t happen.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:08 pm

bluenyellow wrote:How many does the club have to hold back for pay on the day fans?

Retro rob wrote:Holds back 10%. 6,900 home tickets, holds back approx 700. Can sell 6,200 in advance if not all ticket

this isn't correct, unless you are interpreting "hold back" as something different, which you might be Retro Rob, but I don't think was the question.

6,900 is the home capacity. If a game is not all ticket, the home capacity is 90% of that.

There are no tickets "held back for pay on the day fans".

However, as discussed earlier in the thread, I don't know if there is a limit on the number of season tickets we could theoretically sell (could we theoretically sell 6,900 for example?). I don't know. No-one else here seems to know either. I suspect if we wanted to, we could sell 6,900 season tickets. But we might not want to and might want to have some tickets to sell for each game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby victor A block » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:00 am

Marky Mark wrote:

You've also got the entrance on Bishop St itself which has always been there. Won't get many coaches up there though. :lol:
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum