{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

players in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: players in

Postby broomo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:00 pm

oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:I'd post about the Lacovitti rumour but I got a PM asking me not to rubbish transfer rumours in exchange for that person not having so many digs at my expense.

To keep the forum peace, I agreed.

*edit to add - it was a very nice message and one I was glad to get.

Just read your book Broomo, great read and a lesson to us all, well done mate.

Cheers OWS mate, glad you enjoyed it.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The long term injuries we’ve suffered were mostly bad luck last seasons, Rhys Oates and Anthony Hartigans were for sure, Oates’ second was reckless from him IMO rather than anything the backroom staff could’ve prevented. The only preventable ones are muscles strains and tears which we didn’t have too many of. You can’t prevent ligament injuries sustained from impacts such as Hewitt, Reed, Swan.

Dave Wayne wrote:Reading this thread, I find it astonishing how many Stags fans are qualified Physiotherapists, Fitness Coaches, and Medical experts.
Must be well above the national average. :lol:

I take it you mean Musings as he's the one providing in depth medical diagnosis on specific incidents, and knows what was and wasn't preventable.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:18 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The long term injuries we’ve suffered were mostly bad luck last seasons, Rhys Oates and Anthony Hartigans were for sure, Oates’ second was reckless from him IMO rather than anything the backroom staff could’ve prevented. The only preventable ones are muscles strains and tears which we didn’t have too many of. You can’t prevent ligament injuries sustained from impacts such as Hewitt, Reed, Swan.

Dave Wayne wrote:Reading this thread, I find it astonishing how many Stags fans are qualified Physiotherapists, Fitness Coaches, and Medical experts.

I take it you mean Musings as he's the one providing in depth medical diagnosis on specific incidents, and knows what was and wasn't preventable.

EDIT - Duplicate post.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Well if you think it's pure coincidence that our injury crisis happened in two consecutive years and we are just unlucky Dave then so be it.

Doesn't answer my question though does it ?
You obviously don't think we were just unlucky so who or what are you blaming ?

I think we need to look into it. Too unlikely that it's continued bad luck.

What about all the impact injuries? How do you stop those from happening in games? You can't, unless you tell your players to not get stuck in :lol:

You can. They were hardly blunt force traumas. Put another way, they were mainly all muscle / soft tissue injuries. Ie, not broken bones.

muscle/tendon/cartilage injury is usually the result of excessive loads or under conditioning, or bad form training techniques.

Why can't you countenance the facts may have something to do with something other than 'luck'. All I'm saying is our injuries have been bad for a long time now, that might be more than just 'chance'.

You mean exactly like you did a few posts higher….
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm

:lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:36 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
SharpeStag wrote:Source close to the club expects Alex Iactovitti in the door next. Nottingham born lad wants to be closer to home, strong powerful center back who can also cover RB

For Stags,

Played 8
Won 0
Drawn 4
Lost 4

Yeah, let's judge a potential signing on a handful of games he played for us on loan as a 19 year old !!

Merely his previous stats, you appear to be the one judging!

His previous stats as an inexperienced kid in a struggling team.
Maybe I read it wrong, but your post implied to me that you didn't think he was the right man for the job.

I remember talking with a relative of Iactovitti at an away checkatrade tie at Carlisle which we won 3-2 with a late Danny Rose goal in front of an away following of 41 (head count 31 plus ten stewards).

He was expecting him to play immediately after his three game suspension after the sending off at Portsmouth. However Steve Evans had other ideas and left him on the bench as an unused sub.

The relative was a bit miffed at not seeing him play. He was telling me how much he was earning as a kid at Forest and I thought that was ridiculous high. I suppose his wage demands will be more in our price range now nearly seven years on.

Comparing him then and Harbottle now, I think Harbottle is/would be a better prospect. However I have no idea how he has progressed in nearly 7 years.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:44 pm

Ross County fans seem sad to lose him, I saw quite a few voted him as their player of the season. He was their captain.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:51 am

He was injured at the end of the season and missed the play offs but assume that’s not a major issue.

Notts fans think they might be interested. Have to say given he appears left sided I’m surprised we’re in for him.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:07 pm

yorkstag wrote:He was injured at the end of the season and missed the play offs but assume that’s not a major issue.

Notts fans think they might be interested. Have to say given he appears left sided I’m surprised we’re in for him.

Yes he got injured at the Kilmarnock game. I was going to see him after the game but because they lost they didn’t come back out after the game. With Killie winning it confirmed they stayed up and RC were in the relegation play off.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:12 pm

Dan wrote:
yorkstag wrote:He was injured at the end of the season and missed the play offs but assume that’s not a major issue.

Yes he got injured at the Kilmarnock game. I was going to see him after the game but because they lost they didn’t come back out after the game. With Killie winning it confirmed they stayed up and RC were in the relegation play off.

Never noticed you there Dan :D
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:25 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Ah were you there mate? That’s a shame would’ve been good to say hi. Killie is one of my favourite grounds up there. I did the Ayr game on Friday night too did you go to that one? Another favourite ground up there, proper old school.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:57 pm

Dan wrote:
scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Ah were you there mate? That’s a shame would’ve been good to say hi. Killie is one of my favourite grounds up there. I did the Ayr game on Friday night too did you go to that one? Another favourite ground up there, proper old school.

Yep I was at Ayr aswell mate, went to Thistle home games too.
Next time you're in the SW give me a shout :)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
scotsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Yep I was at Ayr aswell mate, went to Thistle home games too.
Next time you're in the SW give me a shout :)

Will do.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:20 am

Unless i’m imagining it, swear blind in Will Swans Instagram story thingy from yesterday, had Mason Bennett filming some of the training session.

Prob just training with us early doors.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:42 am

Don’t think we’ve started back -)
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:00 am

it was a private training session, nowt to do with Stags
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:30 am

Ok thanks
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:38 am

Wasn't Clough the manager of Derby when Bennett got his debut but was still just a kid at Shirebrook Comp?

If I remember right, he was meant to be named on the bench the following Tuesday night, but then was removed when they realised he'd be back home too late for school in the morning!

I would assume Clough has a father/son like relationship still with him, and I think Mason used to live mostly with his grandparents back then too, who Clough probably still knows.

The locality to home again is a big factor. This could be one of those wildcard signings that weren't planned, but if the possibility arises you would take it.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:48 am

stagmanrob wrote:Wasn't Clough the manager of Derby when Bennett got his debut but was still just a kid at Shirebrook Comp?

If I remember right, he was meant to be named on the bench the following Tuesday night, but then was removed when they realised he'd be back home too late for school in the morning!

I would assume Clough has a father/son like relationship still with him, and I think Mason used to live mostly with his grandparents back then too, who Clough probably still knows.

The locality to home again is a big factor. This could be one of those wildcard signings that weren't planned, but if the possibility arises you would take it.

Would be the best player ever to play in league 2 lol but let’s not open that can of worms again but I would say it to any County fan just for the craic lol
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:17 am

I don’t think it’s unrealistic that he may come and train with us the same way Keogh and Robinson did, if he hasn’t got anything sorted by then.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:58 pm

He was loaned out to the Spireites as a young lad.

I expect he'll be looking for something closer to home after being in London for a bit. Who knows?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:19 am

Tom Naylor to Chesterfield is the latest rumour that's surfaced on twitter
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:26 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Tom Naylor to Chesterfield is the latest rumour that's surfaced on twitter

Lol brilliant, bet they believe it as well
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby broomo » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Ralphy wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Tom Naylor to Chesterfield is the latest rumour that's surfaced on twitter

Lol brilliant, bet they believe it as well

You might want to edit that one mate..
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:29 pm

It seems to be happening
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext