{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

players in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: players in

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:04 am

Amber Ad wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:The fact that Krystian Pearce was never part of a promotion winning side is baffling. Probably the only thing that will stop him being remembered as a bit of a legend. Definitely the pick of the last decades central defenders for me.

;) Pin up boy Ryan Tafazolli for me ;) :oops:

Definitely 'Chief' for me. Proper leader on and off the field. Fingers crossed Kilgour and Cargill can develop a partnership that gets us up!

Great hope Amber Ad but don't forget that with our record one or both are likely to get injured in the first home game, assuming they make it through pre season......I just want someone to address our ongoing injury mayhem of the past two years and get our players onto the pitch regularly
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:19 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:The fact that Krystian Pearce was never part of a promotion winning side is baffling. Probably the only thing that will stop him being remembered as a bit of a legend. Definitely the pick of the last decades central defenders for me.

Definitely 'Chief' for me. Proper leader on and off the field. Fingers crossed Kilgour and Cargill can develop a partnership that gets us up!

Great hope Amber Ad but don't forget that with our record one or both are likely to get injured in the first home game, assuming they make it through pre season......I just want someone to address our ongoing injury mayhem of the past two years and get our players onto the pitch regularly

Interesting. What do you think the problem is ? Who or what are you pointing the finger at ?
Is the same thing/person also responsible for the injury crisis that Northampton suffered in the secomd half of the season ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:06 pm

wonder if we will get our mid week signing this week ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:55 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Interesting. What do you think the problem is ? Who or what are you pointing the finger at ?
Is the same thing/person also responsible for the injury crisis that Northampton suffered in the secomd half of the season ?

Well if you think it's pure coincidence that our injury crisis happened in two consecutive years and we are just unlucky Dave then so be it.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:57 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Well if you think it's pure coincidence that our injury crisis happened in two consecutive years and we are just unlucky Dave then so be it.

Doesn't answer my question though does it ?
You obviously don't think we were just unlucky so who or what are you blaming ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:00 pm

4g towers...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:35 pm

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but Pete O’Rourke has said we are chasing goalkeeper Archie Mair.

He was the keeper who saved the penalties for Notts County in the playoff final I believe who was on loan from Norwich.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:14 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Well if you think it's pure coincidence that our injury crisis happened in two consecutive years and we are just unlucky Dave then so be it.

I think we need to look into it. Too unlikely that it's continued bad luck.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but Pete O’Rourke has said we are chasing goalkeeper Archie Mair.

He was the keeper who saved the penalties for Notts County in the playoff final I believe who was on loan from Norwich.

He’s under contract till next year.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

What about all the impact injuries? How do you stop those from happening in games? You can't, unless you tell your players to not get stuck in :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

What about all the impact injuries? How do you stop those from happening in games? You can't, unless you tell your players to not get stuck in :lol:

Don’t let that stop a good conspiracy theory Bobby lol
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:04 pm

I have noticed in recent seasons that opponents tend to whack our better players very early in games in the knowledge that referees don’t very rarely book and never send off players in first few minutes of games. If these similar ‘tackles’ happened later in games then players are sanctioned.

These tackles are a reason why our better players are carrying injuries.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Don’t you think this has been going on for Decades PTP ? Man marking etc ….better players adapt there game drop deep etc
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:11 pm

part time pete wrote:I have noticed in recent seasons that opponents tend to whack our better players very early in games in the knowledge that referees don’t very rarely book and never send off players in first few minutes of games. If these similar ‘tackles’ happened later in games then players are sanctioned.

These tackles are a reason why our better players are carrying injuries.

George Foster made a career out of whacking the striker in the first five minutes, has gone on for years
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You can. They were hardly blunt force traumas. Put another way, they were mainly all muscle / soft tissue injuries. Ie, not broken bones.

muscle/tendon/cartilage injury is usually the result of excessive loads or under conditioning, or bad form training techniques.

Why can't you countenance the facts may have something to do with something other than 'luck'. All I'm saying is our injuries have been bad for a long time now, that might be more than just 'chance'.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You can. They were hardly blunt force traumas. Put another way, they were mainly all muscle / soft tissue injuries. Ie, not broken bones.

muscle/tendon/cartilage injury is usually the result of excessive loads or under conditioning, or bad form training techniques.

Why can't you countenance the facts may have something to do with something other than 'luck'. All I'm saying is our injuries have been bad for a long time now, that might be more than just 'chance'.

Should we sack the strength and conditioning coach then?
Surely as a professional he should know if they are doing something wrong.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:41 pm

There is a report in the football press ( Pete O'Rourke) that we are interested in loaning goalkeeper Archie Mair from Norwich. He was on loan at Notts County last season and came on in the playoff final for the penalty shoot out. Notts County and Crewe also said to be interested.

Sorry just seen this has already been posted. Must keep up :roll:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:08 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

I'll leave it to the professionals :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:00 pm

It could just be a case of us having more ‘injury prone’ players than most/all teams?

I’m not going into next season thinking that we’re definitely going to have a lot less injuries than we did last season. Hopefully we’ve got better depth to ensure we’re better equipped to deal with injuries next season.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SharpeStag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:18 pm

Kyron Gordon from Sheffield United?
SharpeStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:10 pm

I wonder if playing too many games in a short space of time doesn't help? Or maybe we don't warm down properly? Or is training wrong? These things could go someway towards muscle injuries? I don't know just guessing.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:16 pm

The long term injuries we’ve suffered were mostly bad luck last seasons, Rhys Oates and Anthony Hartigans were for sure, Oates’ second was reckless from him IMO rather than anything the backroom staff could’ve prevented. The only preventable ones are muscles strains and tears which we didn’t have too many of. You can’t prevent ligament injuries sustained from impacts such as Hewitt, Reed, Swan.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:23 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The long term injuries we’ve suffered were most bad luck last seasons, Rhys Oates and Anthony Hartigans were for sure, Oates’ second was reckless from him IMO rather than anything the backroom staff could’ve prevented. The only preventable ones are muscles strains and tears which we didn’t have too many of. You can’t prevent ligament injuries sustained from impacts such as Hewitt, Reed, Swan.

Thankyou :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:32 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The long term injuries we’ve suffered were most bad luck last seasons, Rhys Oates and Anthony Hartigans were for sure, Oates’ second was reckless from him IMO rather than anything the backroom staff could’ve prevented. The only preventable ones are muscles strains and tears which we didn’t have too many of. You can’t prevent ligament injuries sustained from impacts such as Hewitt, Reed, Swan.
:D

That’s all well and good musings but someone has to go in front of the stagsnet firing squad lol
:D :D
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:20 am

Reading this thread, I find it astonishing how many Stags fans are qualified Physiotherapists, Fitness Coaches, and Medical experts.
Must be well above the national average. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum