{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy crawley up the leaguey scorefred

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy crawley up the leaguey scorefred

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I fully agree with Dan, page 3 is embarrassing. A bunch of football know nowts squinying like a bunch of fannies before a ball is even kicked. Shouting the odds on how farcical things are before the teams have even left the dressing rooms.

If there was half as much silence before a ball is kicked as there is after a win then some of you would prevent looking stupid so easily. None of you have pre-match knowledge of fitnesses or the plan to play, however it doesn't stop the quivering lips from blethering out the usual expert nonsense.

Someone told me this was Stagsnet and to expect over reaction and negativity , even when they win its because Clough has listened to them.
I find 1-2-3 embarrassing.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:All these super supporters on here, calling out so called trolls, but still less than 500 of us, making the trip to Swindon. What's your excuse?.

No excuse I’ll be there.

Sometimes a positive post would be well received.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:18 pm

:lol:

Yeah not too bad woke us up at 5am after he spilt water all over his bed. That was fun.

Which new team?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:34 pm

Crawley came with a game plan to play on the front foot and it failed it gave the Stags to much space and they did fail to take their chances.
Conceding a goal was poor and spoilt a good afternoon.
This was a much needed win, and scoring 4 must lift spirits.
The results went our way but still a lot to do, getting players back is vital, i see Gale got injured and Kilgour running on one leg.
Maris-Reed-Macca-Johnson-Harbottle-Gale come back soon,
O"Toole-Hartigan-swan thinking of you
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:03 pm

heard Hartigan isn’t that far off being fit Saturday
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:05 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:heard Hartigan isn’t that far off being fit Saturday

Fit to train or fit to play?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:37 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

I hope he’s ready to play on Friday. Or at least on the bench.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:59 pm

He's out for the season unfortunately according to Clough. I suppose it's possible he might be back in May?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Costastag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:32 pm

bear 73 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I fully agree with Dan, page 3 is embarrassing. A bunch of football know nowts squinying like a bunch of fannies before a ball is even kicked. Shouting the odds on how farcical things are before the teams have even left the dressing rooms.

If there was half as much silence before a ball is kicked as there is after a win then some of you would prevent looking stupid so easily. None of you have pre-match knowledge of fitnesses or the plan to play, however it doesn't stop the quivering lips from blethering out the usual expert nonsense.

Someone told me this was Stagsnet and to expect over reaction and negativity , even when they win its because Clough has listened to them.

Football forums eh people airing thier views it probably dont happen in burton though no fans ,its a stags forum some really get wound up in fact passionate even live with it
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:59 pm

Costastag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Football forums eh people airing thier views it probably dont happen in burton though no fans ,its a stags forum some really get wound up in fact passionate even live with it
I'm sure Burton do have fans, a forum and fans posting varying views.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:27 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

About 10 of them probably.

Costa is right, some folk need to get a grip, it's a forum for posting opinions and not all will contain pink unicorns bouncing carefree on candyfloss clouds.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:04 pm

A forum of perpetual negativity where dustballs of misery blow around the abyss whistling a feint whisper of 'happy clappers, happy clappers.' Like a mad (and raspberry) version of MacBeth for the eternally pee'd off with everything. Grrrr!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A forum of perpetual negativity where dustballs of misery blow around the abyss whistling a feint whisper of 'happy clappers, happy clappers.' Like a mad (and raspberry) version of MacBeth for the eternally pee'd off with everything. Grrrr!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something mardy this way comes.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A forum of perpetual negativity where dustballs of misery blow around the abyss whistling a feint whisper of 'happy clappers, happy clappers.' Like a mad (and raspberry) version of MacBeth for the eternally pee'd off with everything. Grrrr!

It's a fact of life when you support a team that not only is usually raspberries, but also is that bad it even manages to underperform from its raspberries base. This forum just reflects that shitness. As your mate Shaky famously said in Troilus and Cressida, "it must truly be shitteth to be a staggeth." or summat about learning from raspberry -ups anyway.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:52 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:

I hope he’s ready to play on Friday. Or at least on the bench.

training
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:50 am

Rob wrote:

It's a fact of life when you support a team that not only is usually raspberries, but also is that bad it even manages to underperform from its raspberries base. This forum just reflects that shitness. As your mate Shaky famously said in Troilus and Cressida, "it must truly be shitteth to be a staggeth." or summat about learning from raspberry -ups anyway.

I don't agree Rob - and me and you have always agreed on almost everything Stags related, so this is an event.
I can't recall ever once getting annoyed and vitriolic about a starting lineup. It's just not in my DNA to rant about stuff that I have no information of. It's much more soothing to take onboard the evidence, be pragmatic about it and give your critique after the event, once you have the tools to blether like the footballing experts we ain't.

This whole period of ranting about certain players playing in whatever roles when we have a hospital ward full of casualties is bizarrely fickle, even for Stags fans.

On Saturday I heard the comments: 'same side every flipping week' and 'he's dragging Quinn, worst tactician we've ever had.' I mean, wow, either folk are not paying attention or are just plain fick - I reckon it could be both.

As Shakespeare once said: Some folk just ain't cut out for Division Four, Saint - one for the teenagers.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:03 am

DoomMerchant wrote:A forum of perpetual negativity where dustballs of misery blow around the abyss whistling a feint whisper of 'happy clappers, happy clappers.' Like a mad (and raspberry) version MacBeth for the eternally pee'd off with everything. Grrrr!

Oooh, Hot potato, orchestra stalls
Pluck will make amends.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:14 am

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

About 10 of them probably.

Costa is right, some folk need to get a grip, it's a forum for posting opinions and not all will contain pink unicorns bouncing carefree on candyfloss clouds.

Those 10 posters witnessed National league champions--League 2 Champions- Automatic promotion from League 1, 2 years in the Championship
playing Newcastle--Aston Villa-Derby and Forest in league football.
A playoff semi final- A Wembley playoff final and a League cup semi final against Man city. All in the last 14 years and only sacked 2 managers since 1998.
And im sure the 10 will have noticed Davis Kellar Dunne scored 2 on sat pink unicorns and candy floss clouds are real. .
Burton have sacked 2 managers since 1998 and are still punching above their weight in league 1.
And they do have boo boys its universal
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:41 am

A very good point. We'd bite your arm off at the shoulder for that.

Radio 5 have had a good discussion about sacking managers this morning and what came glaringly across is the entitlement of fans that their club should win stuff.

I get that to a degree but I also think that mentally everyone can benefit from taking a more emotionless pragmatic view of things. I want us to succeed as much as every one else but it benefits nobody by having a cringe hissy-fit because Jordan Bowery is at full back, or you think Hiram Boeteng can't tackle a box of soft centre chocolates.
I promise one thing and it applies to everyone who currently gets annoyed by 14:00 team announcements:
You won't rate the next manager either, or her replacement.
We'll sign players next season who you are destined to allow your head to get fogged up with anger about.
You'll still be unhappy in League 1.
Because you've decided to let little things get in the way of actually enjoying a 4-1 win afternoon.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:A very good point. We'd bite your arm off at the shoulder for that.

Radio 5 have had a good discussion about sacking managers this morning and what came glaringly across is the entitlement of fans that their club should win stuff.

I get that to a degree but I also think that mentally everyone can benefit from taking a more emotionless pragmatic view of things. I want us to succeed as much as every one else but it benefits nobody by having a cringe hissy-fit because Jordan Bowery is at full back, or you think Hiram Boeteng can't tackle a box of soft centre chocolates.
I promise one thing and it applies to everyone who currently gets annoyed by 14:00 team announcements:
We'll sign players next season who you are destined to allow your head to get fogged up with anger about.
Because you've decided to let little things get in the way of actually enjoying a 4-1 win afternoon.

But surely the whole point of a discussion forum, or a pint before the game, is precisely to discuss the 1400 team announcement, be it positive or negative? Now I tend to avoid the match threads pre-game, not because I don't have a view, but because of the post-match vigilante posts that always follow. I don't agree with much of what posters like Al says, but I absolutely support his right to say it and I support anyone who has a view on Cloughs performance, good or bad, even if they haven't played for England.

We've had unprecedented investment into our team in the past 6 years, clubs with less have overtaken us, I totally get the frustration that despite a big wage budget and paying big bucks on a management team we're not really getting anywhere. When JR has gone and we're back on a shoestring I suspect those accepting the current under-performance will look back and reflect on the once in a lifetime missed opportunity.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:15 am

Rob wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:A very good point. We'd bite your arm off at the shoulder for that.

But surely the whole point of a discussion forum, or a pint before the game, is precisely to discuss the 1400 team announcement, be it positive or negative? Now I tend to avoid the match threads pre-game, not because I don't have a view, but because of the post-match vigilante posts that always follow. I don't agree with much of what posters like Al says, but I absolutely support his right to say it and I support anyone who has a view on Cloughs performance, good or bad, even if they haven't played for England.

We've had unprecedented investment into our team in the past 6 years, clubs with less have overtaken us, I totally get the frustration that despite a big wage budget and paying big bucks on a management team we're not really getting anywhere. When JR has gone and we're back on a shoestring I suspect those accepting the current under-performance will look back and reflect on the once in a lifetime missed opportunity.

Nailed it. The fans who believe that we should just be happy with whatever is served up on a Saturday afternoon and never complain are as bad as the ones who are constantly negative.

There is not really a middle ground on this forum anymore but that seems like a society problem rather than a stagsnet problem!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:17 am

Maybe Rob but my argument is that from January 2022 I've had to endure the 14:00 announcement to groans of derision at the inclusion of Lucas Akins. There's fans that despised his inclusion, never let him get through his rough spell and decided that he's crap.

All fair do's if that's your opinion in a discussion, however, for months now he's been one of our best players. Personally I'd have him in the top 3-4 players of the season.
The folks I used to listen to outside Sandy's, losing their minds at his selection, now simply say nothing. Where's the balance at giving a bit of positivity over a player that has turned his form around DESPITE our fans who used to cheer when he was substituted.

I'm all for opinions but if your pre-match opinion of a line-up at 14:00 is negative (and always is negative by the way) and it falls flat on it's arse, expect a dick up the wrong un when you look stupid at 17:00.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:43 am

I tend to reserve my prematch groan of selection until I see how the team sets up.

The same 11 selected Saturday in a 5 3 2 with Lucas at RWB & Oats & DKD as a striking pair, wouldn't have scored 4 goals.

We've looked sooooo much better with Lucas up top this season & playing him in a back 5 wasted him IMO.

I thought Bowery looked a llot more comfortable as a LB in a four, than he did as LWB in a 5, including a great goal line block.

Groaners will groan, sometimes they are right to groan (you could here the groan halfway up the M1 when the playoff final line up was anounced).

What I hate is the the people who have their boo boy (Akins or Bowery usually) and would rather die, than ever admit that player had a good game or even acknowledge said player has even got through a bit of decent work.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am

Sneag wrote:I tend to reserve my prematch groan of selection until I see how the team sets up.

The same 11 selected Saturday in a 5 3 2 with Lucas at RWB & Oats & DKD as a striking pair, wouldn't have scored 4 goals.

We've looked sooooo much better with Lucas up top this season & playing him in a back 5 wasted him IMO.

I thought Bowery looked a llot more comfortable as a LB in a four, than he did as LWB in a 5, including a great goal line block.

Groaners will groan, sometimes they are right to groan (you could here the groan halfway up the M1 when the playoff final line up was anounced).

What I hate is the the people who have their boo boy (Akins or Bowery usually) and would rather die, than ever admit that player had a good game or even acknowledge said player has even got through a bit of decent work.

Completely agree, the threads on Akins and Bowery are embarrassing but there absolutely has to be a place for moans and groans and as someone has said above, those who pretend everything is great are every bit as bad as the perpetually negative.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:59 am

Sneag wrote:I tend to reserve my prematch groan of selection until I see how the team sets up.

All players have a dip in form or a bad game and fans are not privy as to the many reasons why, but that is when a player needs support.
Anyone going out in a Mansfield shirt has my support providing he does his best..
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum