{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Have we doing our bit

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Have we doing our bit

Postby nobby+2 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 am

We have picked attendance up More money coming in Still left with small pub fan zone in rain no shelter but may get small canopy Shop is a cupboard 3 at a time mach day QLE stand in rain waiting for pint nowhere to stand dry to eat or drink One exit straight into other stand coming out Nothing with Bishop Street We're standing still on and off pitch
nobby+2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Have we doing our bit

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 am

Lol whut
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:05 pm

Punctuation. It's a hell of a thing!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:12 pm

This has just broken Google Translate
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:22 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:This has just broken Google Translate

You stand need
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:26 pm

Suddenly have an Alanis Morrisette song in my head...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:32 pm

Thank U
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

Suddenly have an Alanis Morrisette song in my head...

Is it 'Reasons I drink'? :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby+2 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:22 pm

thank you for bearing with my disabilitys thank you
nobby+2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Pitkin » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:24 pm

nobby+2 wrote:We have picked attendance up More money coming in Still left with small pub fan zone in rain no shelter but may get small canopy Shop is a cupboard 3 at a time mach day QLE stand in rain waiting for pint nowhere to stand dry to eat or drink One exit straight into other stand coming out Nothing with Bishop Street We're standing still on and off pitch

Punctuation Police having a go aside, I think you make some valid points for what its worth Nobby, although I think the Bishop St will only be done when we go up, whenever that is of course.
The stock in the shop is poor, certainly replica kit wise for kids, and watching folk sup cold ale in a drizzle isn't the most appealing.
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:41 pm

nobby+2 wrote:thank you for bearing with my disabilitys thank you
You make a valid point. Please keep posting.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:52 pm

You make some valid points on improvements which would make a match day experience more enjoyable, but we have come on leaps and bounds since I started watching in the mid 60’s
There used to be a club shop in back end of the Quarry lane stand that was a health hazard with broken ceiling tiles falling down on you
Toilets in between North stand & Bishop street were a trough in floor behind a brick wall which are still visible at side of the new scoreboard
We now have a
Club shop
Sandys bar
Kevin Bird suite
Executive suite
Concourse food outlets
Outside bars & food outlets
Yes all of the above are struggling with demand due to the surge in attendances but they all bring extra revenue to the club
Our facilities are ok from where we were 60 years ago but even Man Utd fans moan about there ground so no matter how modern we make it folk will still find fault
Things are not perfect either on or off the pitch but be happy with what we have as when, and not if, John Radford leaves you will realise how far we have come
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:44 pm

Anyone who ever tiptoed into the old north stand toilets would ever decry our facilities even the chinese never endured bogs like them :D
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:50 pm

There are clubs in non league with much better facilities so room for improvement. but where will the money come from are the home fans going to fill the North Stand.
And what will the Bishop St Stand cost to cater for away supporters and separate the fans, always taking into account extra police presence,
All this massive investment in the infrastructure, to achieve league 1
David Sharpe said that achieving mid table in the league 1 would be success for the size of this club.
Mansfield Town is a good club with good owners and a small but very good fan base and are a top league 2 club.
Putting fans into the North Stand would increase the home end by est 2000.
This would make home tickets increase to about 9000 + away fans, nearly half of league 1 have attendances no better than league 2.
This would find credibility has to why investing in a new stand is not popular.
I feel Mansfield are on the right path Stability make progress within the team and move forward as a club with our finances secure.
were ever we are we go again next season.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:32 pm

bear 73 wrote:There are clubs in non league with much better facilities so room for improvement. but where will the money come from are the home fans going to fill the North Stand.
And what will the Bishop St Stand cost to cater for away supporters and separate the fans, always taking into account extra police presence,
David Sharpe said that achieving mid table in the league 1 would be success for the size of this club.
Mansfield Town is a good club with good owners and a small but very good fan base and are a top league 2 club.
This would make home tickets increase to about 9000 + away fans, nearly half of league 1 have attendances no better than league 2.
I feel Mansfield are on the right path Stability make progress within the team and move forward as a club with our finances secure.

There are clubs above us with worse facilities,in fact we are a well run club who can actually get better average attendances than half of the teams in the league above us in fact alll in all we are a better prospect than a lot of clubs above us
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby OllertonStag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:36 pm

Costastag wrote:Anyone who ever tiptoed into the old north stand toilets would ever decry our facilities even the chinese never endured bogs like them :D

My nose has shut down and my eyes are watering just remembering how it was :sick:
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Costastag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm

OllertonStag wrote:
Costastag wrote:Anyone who ever tiptoed into the old north stand toilets would ever decry our facilities even the chinese never endured bogs like them :D

My nose has shut down and my eyes are watering just remembering how it was :sick:

Them were the glory days :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Costastag wrote:
OllertonStag wrote:

Them were the glory days :lol:

:lol: This player thought they where still there :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35784742
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:09 pm

trenty wrote:Our facilities are ok from where we were 60 years ago but even Man Utd fans moan about there ground so no matter how modern we make it folk will still find fault
Things are not perfect either on or off the pitch but be happy with what we have as when, and not if, John Radford leaves you will realise how far we have come

All the logic:

A) it's better than what we had, so be happy with your lot.
B) even if it was better, you'd still not be happy because people with more aren't happy. And
C) even though it's not very good, it could still get worse.

All at once!

This isn't just you Trenty, it's regional. Ive lived in a lot of places and these self-depreciating attitudes are way more common in Notts than anywhere else I've lived (Liverpool, Sheffield, France, London).

Why should we be happy. Why can't we want more? I get called demanding but surely we can ask for more than what we've got. Is it really good enough for 2023‽
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:40 pm

OllertonStag wrote:

You had to buy a Bovril just to take the taste and smell away.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:49 pm

wink68 wrote:
OllertonStag wrote:

You had to buy a Bovril just to take the taste and smell away.

Had it been in Italy they'd have surrounded it in Marble and called it a tourist attraction, at times the different colours from the fountains were mesmerising.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:39 pm

It's not a sin to demand more. We as a nation could learn a lot from the French. If they don't like something they bring the country to a standstill until they get it. Instead of supporting strikers we shout them down for being greedy. Minimum wage should be £15 per hour and £30,000 per annum is the least anyone should earn. If anything we should be chasing the bankers for the money we lent them to save their business yet have received nothing back despite record profits. As for MTFC, I expect and demand more of our club. Standing still is going backwards if everyone else improves.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:40 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
trenty wrote:Our facilities are ok from where we were 60 years ago but even Man Utd fans moan about there ground so no matter how modern we make it folk will still find fault

All the logic:

B) even if it was better, you'd still not be happy because people with more aren't happy. And

All at once!

This isn't just you Trenty, it's regional. Ive lived in a lot of places and these self-depreciating attitudes are way more common in Notts than anywhere else I've lived (Liverpool, Sheffield, France, London).

Why should we be happy. Why can't we want more? I get called demanding but surely we can ask for more than what we've got. Is it really good enough for 2023‽

This is so true. 'We'll settle for nothing now & we'll settle for nothing later' mentality does my bloody head in.

A proper club shop & adequate ticket office should be the absolute bare minimum requirements for a stadium at this level.

To still be operating from a portacabin & two windows 20+ years after the stadium was built is shocking.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 pm

bear 73 wrote:There are clubs in non league with much better facilities so room for improvement. but where will the money come from are the home fans going to fill the North Stand.

Our facilities aren’t as bad as you make out. They’re better by far than they used to be.

Do you remember the North Stand toilets ? Hmmm.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Sneag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

All the logic:

All at once!

This is so true. 'We'll settle for nothing now & we'll settle for nothing later' mentality does my bloody head in.

A proper club shop & adequate ticket office should be the absolute bare minimum requirements for a stadium at this level.

To still be operating from a portacabin & two windows 20+ years after the stadium was built is shocking.

The ticket office thing always make me smile, apart from the occasional all ticket away game you don't have to visit the ticket office, the improvement is buying online, selecting the seat you want to sit in and downloading to your phone or printing the ticket off, if you can't do that they'll post out to you for about the same cost as getting to the ground to collect it. Going to the ticket office is so 'old hat'.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum