{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:08 pm

It was the style of football at FM, which was truly abysmal, that played a sugnificant part in costing Murray his job. Look at the players he had, regardless of whatever his budget might have been, we should have been doing better. There was barely a word of dissention when Cox and Murray were sacked, JR was right. However, had I known he'd appoint Evans I'd have felt very differently about Murrays sacking :lol:

Both Cox and Murray did fantastic things for our club, Murray two promotions as a player, Cox for getting us out of the abyss, they will always be legends here, but Murray has much still to prove as a manager before I'd have him back and Cox is at his level.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
young vanish wrote:Adam Murray got a raw deal IMO.
Lowest budget (inflation adjusted) and had to work with what Cox had left behind. He had a lot of criticism at the time but he was heart and soul Mansfield and considering the restricted funds he had to work with nobody could claim he did a bad job. Just not good enough for those quick to moan.

I’ve said this all along and would love to see him back here at some stage. He’s much more experienced now and don’t think it will be long before someone gives him a chance.

So would I.

I also agree wholeheartedly with young vanish.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:32 pm

Rob wrote:It was the style of football at FM, which was truly abysmal, that played a sugnificant part in costing Murray his job. Look at the players he had, regardless of whatever his budget might have been, we should have been doing better. There was barely a word of dissention when Cox and Murray were sacked, JR was right. However, had I known he'd appoint Evans I'd have felt very differently about Murrays sacking :lol:

Both Cox and Murray did fantastic things for our club, Murray two promotions as a player, Cox for getting us out of the abyss, they will always be legends here, but Murray has much still to prove as a manager before I'd have him back and Cox is at his level.

I was sick of the "taxi for Mr Cox" utterings in the IG stand and the stuff spouted about AM at that time. Two people who gave their all for the club. Then the next incumbent got a shed load of money and walked out on us. What price loyalty?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:06 pm

Rob wrote:It was the style of football at FM, which was truly abysmal, that played a sugnificant part in costing Murray his job. Look at the players he had, regardless of whatever his budget might have been, we should have been doing better. There was barely a word of dissention when Cox and Murray were sacked, JR was right. However, had I known he'd appoint Evans I'd have felt very differently about Murrays sacking :lol:

A.F.C. Fylde were outside the playoffs when Adam took over earlier this season. They now sit 5 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand. I think that speaks volumes in a very competitive league and will earn him the chance to prove himself at league level in the near future. If I were Hartlepool I would certainly look seriously at giving him that chance now. It would be a difficult job to keep them in the league this year but I’m sure he would make a good effort at bringing them straight back.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum