{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Injuries

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Injuries

Postby Ollie68 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:38 pm

After the Bradford match on February 4th Reed and Callum Johnson picked up impact injuries.Expected time out 4-6 weeks we’re approaching week8 next Saturday v Crawley,very worrying regarding there recovery time,I’ve known players come back quicker having suffered fractures
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Injuries

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:39 pm

cool story bro
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:04 pm

Ollie68 wrote:After the Bradford match on February 4th Reed and Callum Johnson picked up impact injuries.Expected time out 4-6 weeks we’re approaching week8 next Saturday v Crawley,very worrying regarding there recovery time,I’ve known players come back quicker having suffered fractures

Yeah but did you see Sutton's kit man run the line?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:17 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Ollie68 wrote:After the Bradford match on February 4th Reed and Callum Johnson picked up impact injuries.Expected time out 4-6 weeks we’re approaching week8 next Saturday v Crawley,very worrying regarding there recovery time,I’ve known players come back quicker having suffered fractures

Is he left footed?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Ollie68 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:26 pm

He was born in the Era were they were made from cheese
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ollie68 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:27 pm

They weren’t made from cheese meant to put
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:33 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

Is he left footed?

Judging by that run I’d say he’d got two left feet. He was my man of the match today.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:10 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

Is he left footed?

Judging by that run I’d say he’d got two left feet. He was my man of the match today.

I said the same. Gave him a standing ovation on his way back. Pretty sure I was the only one because no one understands or appreciates real football anymore.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:02 am

Johnson’s wasn’t an impact injury, and he’s played again since. Unfortunately he got injured again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:28 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:

He was a show pony as were several of their players.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Ollie68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:46 am

I couldn’t imagine the 1970s players being out 8 weeks with just an impact injury and even the likes of Phil stant from the 90s era, it would have to be a broken leg or ankle to keep them out.young Reed only 22 you would think with improvement in physiotherapy and technology he’d be back a lot sooner.Every time someone goes off injured it seems to be 6 weeks.The pitches today are like bowling Greens in comparison to the 70/80s there’s no potholes to go down.I’ve just picked out Reed as an example if you go through the 10 injured players I can’t remember any coming back sooner than expected.Regarding a twisted ankle which Swan picked up in training probably 3 weeks ago in training, that wouldn’t keep you out for the season, again a young player maybe 21.Hopefully we get a few players back for the Crawley Match.
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:29 am

Ollie68 wrote:I couldn’t imagine the 1970s players being out 8 weeks with just an impact injury and even the likes of Phil stant from the 90s era, it would have to be a broken leg or ankle to keep them out.young Reed only 22 you would think with improvement in physiotherapy and technology he’d be back a lot sooner.Every time someone goes off injured it seems to be 6 weeks.The pitches today are like bowling Greens in comparison to the 70/80s there’s no potholes to go down.I’ve just picked out Reed as an example if you go through the 10 injured players I can’t remember any coming back sooner than expected.Regarding a twisted ankle which Swan picked up in training probably 3 weeks ago in training, that wouldn’t keep you out for the season, again a young player maybe 21.Hopefully we get a few players back for the Crawley Match.

I said this very same thing to my mate yesterday that in the first years I was watching from 68 to 73 you actually felt sorry for the single substitute who could only come on for injury and the same first eleven basically played week after week....Dai Jones around 69 to 71 being a case in point ....he always seemed to be an unused number 12.
Last edited by Chrisuknottm on Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Ollie68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:55 am

Youve obviously been watching a while longer Chris,I started with the 74/75 team and you knew the 1to 11 virtually 99% of the time.people keep saying to me stags don’t want to go up.If you think about it they could have a point.we’re getting average gates over 6,500 and if we did go up weve either got to redevelop the bish and there saying about 5 million,why they cant just flatten it and concrete it and have standing. Room only no need for seats.Just have a gate halfway for local Derby’s so we can split the home standing fans from the away.If Youve a Say Forest Green,Sutton or Crawley just have standing for home fans the full length if needed.The alternative if we did go up and didn’t redevelop make it that if we get over say 5000 season ticket holders we could drop tickets by say 10% if we reach that amount,incentive for more fans to buy tickets,Maybe the figure would have to be 6000 season ticket holders for them to be able to knock off 10%.Anyway it’s all immaterial if we don’t even make the playoffs.If we get 4 or 5 key players back I still think we can do it,we will find out soon enough.
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 am

It baffles me that the training facilities seem to be better than ever for lower league clubs ,yet the more advanced and technical we become with science and diet and players going into amber or red zones meaning they are suspect to injuries the worst seems to happen..years ago teams would train on the beach or jog around the local woods if they were lucky. Quagmire pitches , even snow and ice covered in winter and the game still went ahead. Player welfare is now more important than ever which is a good thing and nobody wants to end up playing with multiple injections on match day just to play which in later life means they end up a broken wreck.. All that taken into account it still baffles me how much Young fit men seem to get injured nowadays. The game certainly has changed
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:01 pm

CassellsCap wrote:It baffles me that the training facilities seem to be better than ever for lower league clubs ,yet the more advanced and technical we become with science and diet and players going into amber or red zones meaning they are suspect to injuries the worst seems to happen..years ago teams would train on the beach or jog around the local woods if they were lucky. Quagmire pitches , even snow and ice covered in winter and the game still went ahead. Player welfare is now more important than ever which is a good thing and nobody wants to end up playing with multiple injections on match day just to play which in later life means they end up a broken wreck.. All that taken into account it still baffles me how much Young fit men seem to get injured nowadays. The game certainly has changed
When you take into account the poor health of these players in later life, then the modern approach is paramount.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Ollie68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:10 pm

I’ve not seen sammy or sally the stag lately are they injured aswell.Maybe a cruciate Antler injury
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Ollie68 wrote:I’ve not seen sammy or sally the stag lately are they injured aswell.Maybe a cruciate Antler injury

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:58 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Ollie68 wrote:I’ve not seen sammy or sally the stag lately are they injured aswell.Maybe a cruciate Antler injury

I have no words! I've never seen that, thankfully.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Ollie68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:04 pm

Breaking news a steward out for the rest of the season.Apparently he passed a fan a spoon for his mince sauce to go with his mushy peas but unfortunately the spoon landed on his metatarsal out for 6 weeks apparently
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ollie68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm

Luckily it was a plastic spoon not a metal one or that would have been career over
Ollie68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:31 pm

Will it be in Nigel's team talk tomorrow? Could be the end of our promotion challenge.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Will it be in Nigel's team talk tomorrow? Could be the end of our promotion challenge.

What point are you trying to make? Honestly I try not to respond to your posts but you never post anything positive ?
Are you a troll - a genuine question?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:09 pm

yorkstag wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Will it be in Nigel's team talk tomorrow? Could be the end of our promotion challenge.

What point are you trying to make? Honestly I try not to respond to your posts but you never post anything positive ?

I'd go out on a limb to say he's not a Troll just someone who doesn't rate Clough.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 pm

Correct
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:41 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

I'd go out on a limb to say he's not a Troll just someone who doesn't rate Clough.

Or the club
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum