{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Where are the leaders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Where are the leaders

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:40 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Where was he for Bowery’s ball across the six yard box?

Let's gets Martins view on it in report. Fail to mention what happens in and around the build up the cross.

The arrogance in your post never ceases to amaze me

Don't forget he has a blog and a podcast and is the self proclaimed guru of tactics and statistics. We should all bow down to his superior knowledge. ;)

It seems like you’re the guru of misinformation.

You constantly talk down to people on here as if you always know better.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:42 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

Let's gets Martins view on it in report. Fail to mention what happens in and around the build up the cross.

Don't forget he has a blog and a podcast and is the self proclaimed guru of tactics and statistics. We should all bow down to his superior knowledge. ;)

Pot, kettle :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:46 am

Dave Wayne telling people they talk down to other users :lol: :lol:
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:51 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Dave Wayne telling people they talk down to other users :lol: :lol:

:lol: Haysi Fantayzee , Is dad John was big Leggy :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:34 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

I would say that when reading posts on a messageboard, you can interpret a post however you like as you don’t have the benefit of seeing how whoever is posted would deliver the words in a spoken manner.

From the looks of the replies, it would seem it’s not only me who suffer with this.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

This all seems unfair on someone who simply expresses his views
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:24 pm

It was a counter attack. Wallace played the ball down the line for Bowery. He crosses across the 6 yard box aiming for Akins. DJ was sprinting into the box and was pretty much 18 yards out at the point of the cross. In space. No way was bowery finding him though because the defender was trying to put bowery off.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:27 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

It was a counter attack. Wallace played the ball down the line for Bowery. He crosses across the 6 yard box aiming for Akins. DJ was sprinting into the box and was pretty much 18 yards out at the point of the cross. In space. No way was bowery finding him though because the defender was trying to put bowery off.

Yes I’ve watched it back and I was unfair on DJ for that, and to be fair he probably wasn’t expecting Bowery to deliver so early, particularly with his left foot.

I still feel he could do more for the team than he does though. I don’t think yesterday would’ve done him any favours in terms of his place in the pecking order though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:57 pm

Plenty of posters attacking each other on this thread.
If the same was done to a couple of Nigel Clough fans we all know there are warnings and bans from site admin.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:01 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:This all seems unfair on someone who simply expresses his views

We all express our views, that is one of the joys of football that we all see it in different ways. I was going to follow this up by saying that musings can never accept anyone having a different opinion, but just my luck that for the first time ever he has done in this thread. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:04 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Pot, kettle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same back at you mate. ;)

I save that for you and belly on the politics forum. Far from it on the football side of things.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 pm

Suttonian wrote:Plenty of posters attacking each other on this thread.
If the same was done to a couple of Nigel Clough fans we all know there are warnings and bans from site admin.

ban him Martin
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:41 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Same back at you mate. ;)

I save that for you and belly on the politics forum. Far from it on the football side of things.

I can’t recall telling any poster that they talk down to people whichever forum it’s on.

And the thing with Mussy is that he is very often ( but not always ) correct.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Please stop the bickering. Keep the discussion to matches, players, teams, etc etc rather than discussing other users.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Suttonian » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:08 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

ban him Martin

:lol:
Please don't, let's talk about expected leadership qualities (xLQ) instead!
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Where are the leaders i see them on the pitch Harbottle in the hospital-Hewitt plays with broken nose-Kilgore heading and kicking everything tho injured,
Perch always available even after a skull fracture- Clarke playing through a injury and the list goes on,
Players giving 100% all over the pitch .
The manager keeping things together when others panic and bringing stability and progress to the club
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:31 pm

That's because the people involved in this thread aren't babies who going running to Martin....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:31 pm

bear 73 wrote:Where are the leaders i see them on the pitch Harbottle in the hospital-Hewitt plays with broken nose-Kilgore heading and kicking everything tho injured,
Perch always available even after a skull fracture- Clarke playing through a injury and the list goes on,
The manager keeping things together when others panic and bringing stability and progress to the club

Agree
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:13 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Where are the leaders i see them on the pitch Harbottle in the hospital-Hewitt plays with broken nose-Kilgore heading and kicking everything tho injured,

Agree

I don’t call this leadership, I call it commitment to the cause.

Yesterday we all laughed at their manager for his vocals but he was rallying his players constantly.

We don’t have that from either the dugout or on the pitch - this is what a leader does.

Currently we are devoid of direction on the pitch apart from maybe Hewitt and Kilgour at the back.

Our keeper is average, two strong defenders (the rest show horned in from other positions ) a woeful midfield, a non existent strike force and a formation that changes every 30 minutes

The management to take responsibility for this and act upon it and earn the money we are paying them for
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby trenty » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:36 pm

Only on here could you read so much negativity from a team that sits just outside the playoffs
We are decimated by injuries and have
Won 5
Drawn 5
Lost 4
Since January
What good would bringing a new manager in do, you can only pick the players that are available
Our fully fit team would walk this league but it ain’t going to happen
We may scrape into the play offs we may not
NC and the team have had a lot go against them this year, some self inflicted some not
Let’s see where we are at the end of the season and either way we still have the basis of a good squad for next year
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:43 pm

trenty wrote:Only on here could you read so much negativity from a team that sits just outside the playoffs
We are decimated by injuries and have
Won 5
Drawn 5
Lost 4
Since January
What good would bringing a new manager in do, you can only pick the players that are available
Our fully fit team would walk this league but it ain’t going to happen
We may scrape into the play offs we may not
NC and the team have had a lot go against them this year, some self inflicted some not
Let’s see where we are at the end of the season and either way we still have the basis of a good squad for next year

Its a football forum people post there views and moan
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Except we havent scored a goal for hours and were not keeping anything together in fact the total opposite we are in a mess
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:59 pm

stag324 wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

Agree

I don’t call this leadership, I call it commitment to the cause.

Yesterday we all laughed at their manager for his vocals but he was rallying his players constantly.

We don’t have that from either the dugout or on the pitch - this is what a leader does.

Currently we are devoid of direction on the pitch apart from maybe Hewitt and Kilgour at the back.

Our keeper is average, two strong defenders (the rest show horned in from other positions ) a woeful midfield, a non existent strike force and a formation that changes every 30 minutes

The management to take responsibility for this and act upon it and earn the money we are paying them for

I disagree agree. Their manager was litterally telling them how to play. It was embarrassing. Pass here pass there. A good manager has already drilled that into them prior
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:59 pm

Beat me to it. :D :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:01 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

That's because the people involved in this thread aren't babies who going running to Martin....

Is that permissible comment?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum