{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Where are the leaders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Where are the leaders

Postby scotsstag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:04 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
stag324 wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Where are the leaders i see them on the pitch Harbottle in the hospital-Hewitt plays with broken nose-Kilgore heading and kicking everything tho injured,
Perch always available even after a skull fracture- Clarke playing through a injury and the list goes on,
Players giving 100% all over the pitch .
The manager keeping things together when others panic and bringing stability and progress to the club

Agree

I don’t call this leadership, I call it commitment to the cause.

Yesterday we all laughed at their manager for his vocals but he was rallying his players constantly.

We don’t have that from either the dugout or on the pitch - this is what a leader does.

Currently we are devoid of direction on the pitch apart from maybe Hewitt and Kilgour at the back.

Our keeper is average, two strong defenders (the rest show horned in from other positions ) a woeful midfield, a non existent strike force and a formation that changes every 30 minutes

The management to take responsibility for this and act upon it and earn the money we are paying them for

I disagree agree. Their manager was litterally telling them how to play. It was embarrassing. Pass here pass there. A good manager has already drilled that into them prior

If that last sentence is correct then we can’t have a very good manager...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:18 pm

Costastag wrote:
trenty wrote:Only on here could you read so much negativity from a team that sits just outside the playoffs
We are decimated by injuries and have
Won 5
Drawn 5
Lost 4
Since January
What good would bringing a new manager in do, you can only pick the players that are available
Our fully fit team would walk this league but it ain’t going to happen
We may scrape into the play offs we may not
NC and the team have had a lot go against them this year, some self inflicted some not
Let’s see where we are at the end of the season and either way we still have the basis of a good squad for next year

Its a football forum people post there views and moan
It's not against the rules to post views and praise. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
trenty wrote:Only on here could you read so much negativity from a team that sits just outside the playoffs
We are decimated by injuries and have
Won 5
Drawn 5
Lost 4
Since January
What good would bringing a new manager in do, you can only pick the players that are available
Our fully fit team would walk this league but it ain’t going to happen
We may scrape into the play offs we may not
NC and the team have had a lot go against them this year, some self inflicted some not
Let’s see where we are at the end of the season and either way we still have the basis of a good squad for next year

Its a football forum people post there views and moan
It's not against the rules to post views and praise. :)

No and its not against the rules to point out the obvious either :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Suttonian wrote:Plenty of posters attacking each other on this thread.
If the same was done to a couple of Nigel Clough fans we all know there are warnings and bans from site admin.

That's because the people involved in this thread aren't babies who going running to Martin....

Is that permissible comment?

Bite me.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Suttonian wrote:Plenty of posters attacking each other on this thread.
If the same was done to a couple of Nigel Clough fans we all know there are warnings and bans from site admin.

That's because the people involved in this thread aren't babies who going running to Martin....

Is that permissible comment?

He's replying to my post content, mentioned the thread in question and gave an opinion without singling anyone out so he should be fine.

Then again, ban him just for being Cunno :)

On topic, a shortlist of leaders should be made from players who wear short sleeved shirts and no base layer in the dead of winter. That should narrow it down to Clarke, Kilgour, Oates, Keillor-Dunn and Macca(when fit)
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby trenty » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:04 pm

No it’s not against the law to post views but it’s so draining the constant moaning and groaning when we are 8th in league, you would have a meltdown if we were bottom
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:30 pm

Most of the posters on here are in self denial. Home form has been dreadful for months, with or without injuries. There was an opportunity with the increased fan numbers, to kick on, but true to type we've messed up
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:38 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Most of the posters on here are in self denial. Home form has been dreadful for months, with or without injuries. There was an opportunity with the increased fan numbers, to kick on, but true to type we've messed up

I don't think anyone on here is in denial about our current form.

Not sure we have messed up quite yet. Maybe if we get some of our injured players back we could hit some form.

Everything still to play for.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:39 pm

trenty wrote:No it’s not against the law to post views but it’s so draining the constant moaning and groaning when we are 8th in league, you would have a meltdown if we were bottom

I hope folk would have a meltdown if we were bottom...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:57 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Most of the posters on here are in self denial. Home form has been dreadful for months, with or without injuries. There was an opportunity with the increased fan numbers, to kick on, but true to type we've messed up

The additional revenue from increased season ticket sales didn't translate to an increase in the playing budget.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:59 pm

:?: :?: We are the leaders fred on hold till :o :o

Team built on butter with that many injuries , Leader of Lurpak :oops: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:06 pm

broomo wrote:

The additional revenue from increased season ticket sales didn't translate to an increase in the playing budget.

Give over, we have a very good wage budget and almost certainly not all used. I'll ask you for the umpteenth time, do you really think JR is spending big bucks on Clough and his team to then cut back our wage budget?

No it's how it's been spent, or not spent, that's the real issue, which because it implies direct criticism of Nigel, you refuse to accept.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:24 pm

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

Give over, we have a very good wage budget and almost certainly not all used. I'll ask you for the umpteenth time, do you really think JR is spending big bucks on Clough and his team to then cut back our wage budget?

No it's how it's been spent, or not spent, that's the real issue, which because it implies direct criticism of Nigel, you refuse to accept.

I didn't say he cut the budget.

Criticise Nigel all you want. I don't have to agree.

I suspect if he doesn't make the play offs he'll be gone and I could have no complaints about that.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:29 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

I suspect if he doesn't make the play offs he'll be gone and I could have no complaints about that.

I can’t see them letting Clough go after all the signings in Jan. Think he’ll be on his last life with the Radfords though next season if we didn’t make the playoffs this season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:37 pm

broomo wrote:

Not being argumentative but how come you know the budgets ,or the players we appear to be after signing ,its not in the public domain
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:41 pm

Costastag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Not being argumentative but how come you know the budgets ,or the players we appear to be after signing ,its not in the public domain

I don't know the budget. I only know it's the same as it was last season.

I'm sure it's a very competitive budget.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:51 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

So the fact your first post after another poor performance was about the wage budget is just a coincidence? Doesn't matter what the budget is if you don't spend it, though I'm all for that if we have a well balanced squad. Who knew we'd regret not bringing in 1 or 2 more players, especially on the left?

I think Clough will be here next season, but if we don't go up then it may well be his last. No-one on here wants him to succeed more than me, not even you :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 pm

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

So the fact your first post after another poor performance was about the wage budget is just a coincidence? Doesn't matter what the budget is if you don't spend it, though I'm all for that if we have a well balanced squad. Who knew we'd regret not bringing in 1 or 2 more players, especially on the left?

I think Clough will be here next season, but if we don't go up then it may well be his last. No-one on here wants him to succeed more than me, not even you :D

My first post after another poor performance was to let a poster who posted that the increase in the fanbase should have allowed us to push on know that the increase in season ticket sales didn't mean an increase in budget, no more no less.

I'm not posting because it's pointless in the current atmosphere. I'd get absolutely slated whatever I wrote. I'm also reading less because I'm not enjoying what I'm reading in the current atmosphere. I'd have thought me posting less would suit quite a few of you.

Let's not bother discussing who wants him to succeed more.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:59 pm

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

And we both know why that is.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum