{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sutton score thread sponsored by the A38 Derby

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sutton score thread sponsored by the A38 Derby

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:02 pm

Sneag wrote:Absolute turd of a performance.

Great to see a timewasting substitution when you need to grab a winner.

You might as well play Flinders upfront ahead of Johnson, he's stealing a wage.

Chased down every loose balll, and got jack raspberries service.

Don't let facts get in the way of a witch hunt though
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:04 pm

Before we do what we do every season and feel sorry for ourselves blaming our injury luck, just look at what Northampton are doing. They’ve had at least 6 players missing from every game they’ve played since the start of the calendar year, and they’ve had 11 or more players missing for their last 5 or 6 games. Despite this, they’ve just won their 3rd straight game today and have moved up to 2nd, 11 points clear of us.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:06 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Before we do what we do every season and feel sorry for ourselves blaming our injury luck, just look at what Northampton are doing. They’ve had at least 6 players missing from every game they’ve played since the start of the calendar year, and they’ve had 11 or more players missing for their last 5 or 6 games. Despite this, they’ve just won their 3rd straight game today and have moved up to 2nd, 11 points clear of us.

you’re right, and like i said earlier if we finish outside the playoffs this season it’s an absolute disaster and a complete failure from the manager.

We’ve still another 9 games to go this season and clough needs to start producing.

You get the feeling that if a win isn’t produced against a clearly poor and dreadful crawley side they’re going to get a proper dressing down from the fans.

We need to wait until the end of the season though to see what’s what.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:19 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:21 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:

You clearly have a hard on for a player that doesn't want to be here. Each to their own.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:

It’s no witch hunt, it was plain for all to see that what you say you saw isn’t real, he showed no desire to get into any decent positions and when the ball did come to him he did naff all with it
granted that wasn’t often but the way he plays he needs to be on it much more, a half fit Rhys Oates threatened much more….on my TV anyway !
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:4 games and 4 pretty poor performances. 3 points.

Not going up. Not good enough to go up.

Fans will turn soon.

Some of us already have. I'm tired of his lame excuses. The teams he is putting out are simply awful. Irrespective of who is injured the rest of them are League 2 players and that awful rubbish is taking money under false pretences. They should at least be able to string passes together and get something on target
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:36 pm

Sneag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

You clearly have a hard on for a player that doesn't want to be here. Each to their own.

He barely broke sweat. I remember him giving one of their centre halves a nudge to win us a throw in and a ball into their box from Akins that he made nothing of. James Gale’s performance totally put Johnson to shame today, fantastic work rate and desire to try and push forward. DJ ambled from one centre half to another when they had possession with no intent to put them under pressure. The service was indeed cack but the difference between the effort of Gale and Johnson was quite frankly an embarrassment.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:39 pm

The injuries are a problem, no doubt. But good bosses have contingencies, we dont. our squad is not good enough and I doubt our first team is really, so despite injuries, before we had them, we were still not good enough. We've not troubled top 3 all season. We've been had up by 5 goals twice at home. Lost from 2 nil up twice this season. Thrown points away. Generally been quite lacklustre apart from Doncaster and Carlisle away.

I don't doubt he'll be here next season but I would prefer if he wasn't on this season's showing. Looking back to last season we were close and thought it was a matter.of fine tuning, but we've gone backwards. It's really hard to watch at the moment and the league table is even harder to stomach.

Still all to play for but we need a dramatic turnaround. Only playoffs should save Clough I reckon.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:42 pm

I can’t believe we actually still have fans who rate DJ, complete waste of a wage
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:49 pm

Pym was poor today rooted to his line again for the cross that got
Harbottle injured and his kicking was woeful
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:52 pm

PostmanPat wrote:We’re going nowhere under Clough

Not even to Greendale ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:57 pm

What an awful side Sutton are. No wonder they are poorly supported especially away from home. Their spoiling tactics and physicality ruined the game. They could have gone above us if they had tried to win the game.

Yes we were poor too. The only positive for me was Gale.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:02 pm

The One wrote:Pym was poor today rooted to his line again for the cross that got

said it all season, never commands his box, don’t rate him sorry
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:What an awful side Sutton are. No wonder they are poorly supported especially away from home. Their spoiling tactics and physicality ruined the game. They could have gone above us if they had tried to win the game.

They areva re incarnation of the old wimbledon ,the dirtiest side for a few seasons ,but they got away with is it just us or do they do it every game
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:24 pm

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:What an awful side Sutton are. No wonder they are poorly supported especially away from home. Their spoiling tactics and physicality ruined the game. They could have gone above us if they had tried to win the game.

They areva re incarnation of the old wimbledon ,the dirtiest side for a few seasons ,but they got away with is it just us or do they do it every game

I think it's the way they play. Should have had at least one player sent off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:27 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
The One wrote:Pym was poor today rooted to his line again for the cross that got

Kept a clean sheet again. I think it is harsh to single him out for the awful challenge on Harbottle.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:28 pm

Sutton are a horrible side with negative tactics...they bully the opposition and stop you playing ....look at the BBC sports stats 21-fouls committed...but that doesn’t take way the fact we have been poor for a lot of games of late...only one positive today Gales performance looks a promising prospect ....we are missing Marris /macca / swan ... all can make a big difference...as for replacing Clough !? You can name drop as much as you like ... to replace him .... but its not guaranteed
Can we pinch a play off spot ? Maybe ....could we get promotion..look at the teams in pushing for promotion ..i wouldn't put my money on it .
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:06 pm

I did enjoy the “we’ve got the ball, we’ve lost the ball, we’ve got the ball” chant during the second half. Lyrics changing every verse to match the change of possession every 5 seconds :lol: :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:08 pm

Think I should have carried on running to the King Power stadium or somewhere rather than get the train back for that!
At least my prediction came true so it's an improvement on last year. :lol:
I've received some well wishes and a few donations from here and the Facebook followers group and in Sandys, thank you. :)

Tre Cool wrote:I decided to get to Field Mill bright and early and run from Field Mill to City Ground this morning as part of my training for the London Marathon.
16 miles, then decided to top up to 18 miles.
If anyone would like to make a small donation to my fundraising page for Alzheimer's Society it would be appreciated :)
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hiyaimsteve/status/1639612468270968833?t=ezY3YLnSdYR9AnF9QpQlyg&s=19[/tweet]

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... nsheffield

A few Sutton lads making some noise on the train back. Jokes about missing their stop at Sutton Parkway and all that. I predict another bore draw against our bogey team which would be an improvement on last year.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby MOTG » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:44 pm

Two highlights of today's game : Matt Gray the Sutton Utd manager repeatedly shouting "Harry!" and then being mimicked by Stags fans . Then the funny touchline sprint by Clive Baxter the Sutton Utd kit man in the first half (Probably the fastest man on the pitch) which raised howls of laughter and loud cheers when he returned from the tunnel.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

Irrespective of what Pym did at that point, unless I am mistaken, the reason Harbottle was injured was due to their thug centre half leading with his elbow. He got up fairly quickly, saw the state of Harbottle, and fell to the ground faking a head injury to avoid a card. He took it far enough to actually accept treatment and a 'Rambo style' headband which he disposed of within minutes.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:10 pm

Low quality games
Sutton pretty solid but we’re beatable
Clough body language and demeanour looks depressed and devoid of ideas
Oates should have been on sooner andLaw should have come on much earlier
Crowd beginning to not get behind the team currently
Flat as the Canadian prairies I would describe todays Stags
Change needed somewhere Cloughlooks a busted Burton flush
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:32 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Irrespective of what Pym did at that point, unless I am mistaken, the reason Harbottle was injured was due to their thug centre half leading with his elbow. He got up fairly quickly, saw the state of Harbottle, and fell to the ground faking a head injury to avoid a card. He took it far enough to actually accept treatment and a 'Rambo style' headband which he disposed of within minutes.

I had the same view as this and thought he intentionally deflected any repercussion by going down, however I would say in mitigation that there didnt seem to be any howls of protest nor flare ups from the Stags players demanding the referee take action.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:34 am

There's fewer more pragmatic football fans than me. I rarely get up when we win or down when we lose. I've seen pretty much all scenarios over the decades. However, when Sutton visit Field Mill it's always enough to make a shy bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder.

I've already decided that I'm going shopping with the missus when this fixture rears it's grotesque head next season.

Every time it plays the same: Sutton come with spoiling tactics that break-up the game and fracture it up in to an eye-bleeding chess game of sheer durge that Stags always fail to fathom. It's alright saying 'its what Sutton do and do well'; but that comes with the annoying paradox of 'its what Mansfield do and do badly.'

As for Stags, they're playing like a UFC fighter pinned in a lock. No options to change and being suffocated by having the same knackered 14 players who are at a dead end when it comes to ideas and are now getting a good hiding from their critics as a consequence. It's a horrible scenario and they need the kiss of life of fresh legs THIS WEEK or they'll prematurely be dead on the operating table.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum