{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sutton score thread sponsored by the A38 Derby

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sutton score thread sponsored by the A38 Derby

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:15 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I’d be amazed if there was more than 20 minutes of actual play in each half yesterday, Sutton were extremely effective at what they do. Spending all day getting a foot to the ball breaking things up, wasting time, kicking the ball away, going to ground easily - we need to be smarter.

I’m a Quinn fanboy but you can see we have zero creativity down the left when he’s not playing - for a team that attacks down the flanks and gets crosses in his absence is a massive hole. Idiot that he is. They also doubled up on Akins whenever he got into the final third to prevent crosses coming in from that side, they knew what they were doing.

We'd have either won the game or finished with ten men had Quinny played, but we really do miss him. At least he's back for Sat, which is a must win. Maybe Reed with a weeks training will start too.

How did Ali play mate?

Pretty quiet, I had to watch the game on ifollow as I've got covid, but I think you get a better view of the game anyway (though its not even remotely as good an experience as being there). I don't think any player from either side stood out at all but you can tell exactly how Sutton use Smith and how his physical size helps, he had a few good touches, one nice lofted pass when he got into an attacking position (which was rare) - I'd have liked to have seen him up against our better central midfielders in a better game to better judge, but I think we both know he's a good footballer with potential to play higher up.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I’d be amazed if there was more than 20 minutes of actual play in each half yesterday, Sutton were extremely effective at what they do. Spending all day getting a foot to the ball breaking things up, wasting time, kicking the ball away, going to ground easily - we need to be smarter.

I’m a Quinn fanboy but you can see we have zero creativity down the left when he’s not playing - for a team that attacks down the flanks and gets crosses in his absence is a massive hole. Idiot that he is. They also doubled up on Akins whenever he got into the final third to prevent crosses coming in from that side, they knew what they were doing.

We'd have either won the game or finished with ten men had Quinny played, but we really do miss him. At least he's back for Sat, which is a must win. Maybe Reed with a weeks training will start too.

How did Ali play mate?

Pretty quiet, I had to watch the game on ifollow as I've got covid, but I think you get a better view of the game anyway (though its not even remotely as good an experience as being there). I don't think any player from either side stood out at all but you can tell exactly how Sutton use Smith and how his physical size helps, he had a few good touches, one nice lofted pass when he got into an attacking position (which was rare) - I'd have liked to have seen him up against our better central midfielders in a better game to better judge, but I think we both know he's a good footballer with potential to play higher up.

Agreed. We’ve been the only two who have said it from the start tbf. Hope you’re not suffering too much with it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:

How did Ali play mate?

missed an open goal ;) ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:36 pm

Rob wrote:In fact, the most bizarre thing about yesterday is the hugely OTT criticism of the referee. He wasn't great but by god we've had worse this season.

The referee was absolutely awful Rob. I can't believe you are wearing your ref's hat and trying to defend him. You need to go and get your eyes tested. :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:17 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Rob wrote:In fact, the most bizarre thing about yesterday is the hugely OTT criticism of the referee. He wasn't great but by god we've had worse this season.

The referee was absolutely awful Rob. I can't believe you are wearing your ref's hat and trying to defend him. You need to go and get your eyes tested. :)

I said he wasn't very good, he wasn't the worst this season. If you want next time I see you (probably at the chippy in Cleethorpes ;) ) I will go through each of the incidents, such as the yellow card for Bugeil for multiple offences, the head on head contact with Hartbottle, the penalty claim, the half time fiasco (which I've already discussed) and so on. Clough said nothing post game about the referee and he's normally pretty quick to criticise officials.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:32 am

Thought Gale played really well. Deserves another start in this side.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:50 pm

:) paulstag fred day ;) hurry up and ketchup :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum