{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

It’s your Squad size

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: It’s your Squad size

Postby yorkstag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:08 am

Herts Stag wrote:I honestly can't believe some of the rubbish posted on this thread by the whingeing doom mongers that throw fits if we don't win. the comment about playing to get a point was ridiculous. We went for them as much as they went for us but thy created the better chances on the night and we didn't. We have had a disastrous season on the injury front and to lose three players for the rest of the games at such an early stage has crippled us. Our best midfielder, George Maris is sorely missed. We have the squad and the right manager but seriously padlock on the injury from that no-one could have predicted.

I thought I could ignore the drivel written by the usual suspects but couldn't resist.

Great post … my thoughts exactly
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:10 am

yorkstag wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:I honestly can't believe some of the rubbish posted on this thread by the whingeing doom mongers that throw fits if we don't win. the comment about playing to get a point was ridiculous. We went for them as much as they went for us but thy created the better chances on the night and we didn't. We have had a disastrous season on the injury front and to lose three players for the rest of the games at such an early stage has crippled us. Our best midfielder, George Maris is sorely missed. We have the squad and the right manager but seriously padlock on the injury from that no-one could have predicted.

I thought I could ignore the drivel written by the usual suspects but couldn't resist.

Exactly this!! Top post
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:11 am

yorkstag wrote:

Top post.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:55 am

Johnny H wrote:Its not so much the squad size it his stubborness and refusal to give players game time and the defensive formations we play

Jason Law is chomping at the bit...Boateng has been poor and last night must have been shattered before the game even started.
NC alluded to this after the game by telling us Boateng had become a father in the last 24 hrs....Law should start !!!!

We all know Maris is our best player and that he makes us tick....I can virtually guarantee that Maris will be on the bench when everyone is fit and NC can pick his favourites, Clarke will probably miss out in a midfield three too as NC will pick Quinn, Hartigan, Reed and Boateng first.

Rhys Oates has been poor most of the season.....not suprising when he plays him wide right.
We need a formation where we have 2 up top.....Akins is a good striker at this level but needs someone alongside him, i.e....a goalscorer (Johnson or Gale)

Davis Kellor-Dunn has been good, but the last 3 games or so has had no impact on the game at all and by playing him it isolates Akins up top on his own.....play Johnson or Gale from the start alongside Akins and lets try and win games !!!

I still think Clarke is our best midfielder, and he obviously plays better with Maris alongside him. Having Wallace and Boetang in there with him hasn't been easy.
Clarke, Maris and Reed should be the backbone of the midfield. I doubt Quinn will be here next season.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:39 pm

pemill wrote:
daddycool wrote:According to the Stockport commentators Pym is reportedly the highest paid player in the league at plus 4K a wk

No brainer to let him return to his parent club, why did they let him go on loan exactly, and free up this cash if it is true - he hasn't pulled up any tress and Flinders has shown to be as good if not better.

The comment from the commentators has probably come from the flawed survey of players earnings - I think Martin has addressed this.

They allowed him to leave as I understand it due to a dressing room bust up.

Pym is a good keeper
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Stockport will have players on more. Horsfall is probably one of the highest paid players in the division.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum