{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Moronic Fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Moronic Fans

Postby Paulstag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:42 am

We do have our fair share but the guy with the red jacket was beyond that.
He wanted to fight everyone including our own fans and his lad was not helping the matter.

I hope he reads this and realises how embarrassing he was.
Last edited by Paulstag on Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Moronic Fans

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:55 am

Sorry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:55 am

Some cannot take their beer. Even the faintest whiff of a shandy and they turn into knuckle dragging embarrassments.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:06 am

It’s pathetic mate to be honest.

I’m sure there are a lot of Stags supporters (and football supporters generally) who just decide that they don’t want to go to certain away games, because they don’t want to be surrounded by coke’d up idiots who have been drinking since 8.30am, who can’t regulate their own behaviour.

I’m sure some people will read the above and think ‘that sounds like a great day out’.

And I wouldn’t have a massive problem with that if it wasn’t accompanied by all the needless aggression that comes along with it. Others will say, well these are the fans who create all of the atmosphere at away games and once again, I don’t disagree with that either.

It is just the minority of idiots who want to behave like dicks, that most fans have a problem with.

I think for some people, football is like an escape valve for all of that pent up aggression and frustration that accumulates during the week.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:07 am

There was a middle aged guy who spent 20-30 second half minutes arguing with a female steward whilst being an insufferable numpty. What a great day out for him and what a rotten minimum wage afternoon for her. A great example to the legions of feral kids in black - a mob of which we saw happily threatening very small group of regular Stockport folk on their jaunts around the block.

I fully welcome our rise in attendances, however, we don't half attract the worst of us (of all ages). I realise that we've always carried a threat of drunkenness, potential violence and human buffoonery over the years but I reckon it's reached a golden era.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:13 am

i thought all that was left behind in the 60's - 70's .
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:13 am

DoomMerchant wrote:There was a middle aged guy who spent 20-30 second half minutes arguing with a female steward whilst being an insufferable numpty. What a great day out for him and what a rotten minimum wage afternoon for her. A great example to the legions of feral kids in black - a mob of which we saw happily threatening very small group of regular Stockport folk on their jaunts around the block.

I fully welcome our rise in attendances, however, we don't half attract the worst of us (of all ages). I realise that we've always carried a threat of drunkenness, potential violence and human buffoonery over the years but I reckon it's reached a golden era.

Sounds charming. I think as a country we have a bad and dysfunctional relationship with alcohol and I think that was further compounded by Covid lockdown. There is a general acceptance that in order to ‘properly’ experience enjoyment, you first and foremost need to get completely hammered. And therefore having a great time and being drunk are linked. You can’t have one without the other. It’s weird and I’m sure it isn’t like that in other countries.
Last edited by Steve North on Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:14 am

There was someone on Facebook asking after her brother and Dad who she had been told had been arrested.
And there was talk of trouble outside the ground?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:18 am

There's a similar thread on the Stockport forum about their own resident dickheads.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:39 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:There was someone on Facebook asking after her brother and Dad who she had been told had been arrested.

Trouble before and after the game outside the ground, a mate of mine spotted a load of Stockport kids with ski masks on lol.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:51 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:There was someone on Facebook asking after her brother and Dad who she had been told had been arrested.

As we were walking out of the ground, a steward came and grabbed hold of a lad in front of me and said ‘the police want you for kicking the gate open’, two fellas he were with tried to wrestle him free and then then three police officers waded in and arrested two of them.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:59 am

There was a bit of a hoo ha in the side stands, at full time they shut the gate in the corner which pissed a few off. Nowt happened apart from a bit of pushing but I knew it was gonna happen as soon as they locked those gates and wouldn't let people out
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:01 am

Conker wrote:

Trouble before and after the game outside the ground, a mate of mine spotted a load of Stockport kids with ski masks on lol.

On way to The Alps?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:10 am

Chris M wrote:
Conker wrote:

On way to The Alps?

I noticed a few blocks of snow left in the Peak District.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:19 am

And thanks to the idiot who let the smoke bomb off just as the game started. I'm sure those with breathing difficulties appreciated it
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:07 am

Bros wrote:And thanks to the idiot who let the smoke bomb off just as the game started. I'm sure those with breathing difficulties appreciated it

Never got the appeal or need for those. absolutely stupid.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:13 am

every club has them, eventually most grow out of it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:44 am

adamstag wrote:
Bros wrote:And thanks to the idiot who let the smoke bomb off just as the game started. I'm sure those with breathing difficulties appreciated it

Never got the appeal or need for those. absolutely stupid.

One of these days I hope one goes off where the idiot has secreted it on his body. It'll give a whole new meaning to putting a rocket up his ar£e
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:41 am

yorkshire stag wrote:every club has them, eventually most grow out of it

Quite a few never grow out of it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm

Football clubs cater for the family and communities and not the local dickheads the bad years of fencing fans in like animals we dont want back.
Use the cctv and find them . and take them away from a sporting game which requires a winner and a loser,
We all want our clubs to win but bad results are part of the game we love,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:15 pm

And the authorities are considering letting alcohol being taken in to seats! It shouldn't be sold inside any ground, it's not needed or any help, but money talks and the clubs are so two faced, cake and eating it springs to mind!
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:28 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:every club has them, eventually most grow out of it

I couldn't disagree more Yorkie. Yes every club does have them but I'd wager all my worldly wares that Mansfield Town has a far greater percentage of emptyheads per buck than the vast majority of English football clubs. If you could weigh them in for cash we'd have more available resources than Man City.

And I don't think that the majority do grow out of it. I'm in my 50's now and could name and point out a barrow load of middle aged blokes who behave now exactly how they did in the 80's/90's. If you're the sort who kicks off at the football through a mixture of booze, small-mindedness and an extinct moral compass then you' always will. Once an absolute tool always an absolute tool.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:49 pm

Steve North wrote:It’s pathetic mate to be honest.

I’m sure there are a lot of Stags supporters (and football supporters generally) who just decide that they don’t want to go to certain away games, because they don’t want to be surrounded by coke’d up idiots who have been drinking since 8.30am, who can’t regulate their own behaviour.

I’m sure some people will read the above and think ‘that sounds like a great day out’.

And I wouldn’t have a massive problem with that if it wasn’t accompanied by all the needless aggression that comes along with it. Others will say, well these are the fans who create all of the atmosphere at away games and once again, I don’t disagree with that either.

It is just the minority of idiots who want to behave like dicks, that most fans have a problem with.

I think for some people, football is like an escape valve for all of that pent up aggression and frustration that accumulates during the week.

This is the reason I would rather take a 3-4 hour journey on a tuesday night to watch an away game with a few hundred Stags fans who are there first and foremost to watch the game, than go to a more local away game and be crammed in with idiots to whom the match is a side event and whose priority for the day is getting hammered, abusing the opposition fans, and intimidating the stewards and some of our own fans.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:05 pm

Spot on Dave, at Walsall we had a few behind us who'd obviously had their first pint, weren't watching the game and were abusing everyone including Stags fans who were rightly getting pissed off with their behaviour. We generally avoid the areas where they congregate, yesterday we were near the corner where we celebrated our goal, so a bit away from the brain donors and didn't really see or hear much of what went on, though I did see the guy in red, embarrassing.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:17 pm

Didn’t one fan shout abuse at Harbottle while he walked past?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum