{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Moronic Fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Moronic Fans

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:every club has them, eventually most grow out of it

I couldn't disagree more Yorkie. Yes every club does have them but I'd wager all my worldly wares that Mansfield Town has a far greater percentage of emptyheads per buck than the vast majority of English football clubs. If you could weigh them in for cash we'd have more available resources than Man City.

And I don't think that the majority do grow out of it. I'm in my 50's now and could name and point out a barrow load of middle aged blokes who behave now exactly how they did in the 80's/90's. If you're the sort who kicks off at the football through a mixture of booze, small-mindedness and an extinct moral compass then you' always will. Once an absolute tool always an absolute tool.

In my experience most do, partners, kids & fines kick in, however most have that final warning from their other half’s, either pack it in or i’ll pack you in so to speak.

you get a few old heads from back in the day however it’s mostly the 18yr old stone Island, Burberry scarf round their face lot these days, talking to mates who go Donny, Gimps, Grimsby they too are always having this debate “why us” trust me we int alone they are spread around our local rivals

no more Nutters from Notts songs these days
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:01 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Didn’t one fan shout abuse at Harbottle while he walked past?

They did, and quickly shouted down by proper fans!
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:35 pm

I saw a strange bloke on the Stockport high street, Liam Gallagher style parker coat & haircut, with big headphones & sunglasses on prancing about antagonising Stockport fans shouting "we are Raspberry'in Mansfield, Super Mansfield, Come on Y'know" and other stuff. On his own too! Looked a right tool and only drew strange looks from Stockport fans.
Last edited by Tre Cool on Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:42 pm

At least we weren't throwing screwed up paper onto the pitch. That could have had someone's eye out.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:22 pm

As an ‘old timer’ I have found ‘the young uns’ really funny with their antics. I went on the buses yesterday and at the pub stop half couldn’t even get served, but brought a bit of atmosphere to the place.
I love how they give it the big ‘I am’ but most do respect us ‘old uns’ and in reality would run a mile if anything kicked off.

I love the atmosphere they make and the smoke bombs only add to it

The ‘old uns’ amongst us who are with them are the real saddos not the ‘Young uns’ who are only doing what we did in the 70’s and 80’s

If you don’t like it, sit elsewhere just don’t abuse the plays
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:48 pm

So you're saying fight (or attempt to) with opposing fans, abuse your own fans, threaten stewards and force people to move from their seat but as long as they don't abuse our players (which they do) it's all ok?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:53 pm

the main reason I didn’t go yesterday . Experienced it at Donny & Bradford, where my 5 year old granddaughter was knocked over by a peed up moron who didn’t even apologise
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Rob wrote:So you're saying fight (or attempt to) with opposing fans, abuse your own fans, threaten stewards and force people to move from their seat but as long as they don't abuse our players (which they do) it's all ok?

Where have a said go and have a fight or attempt too?

As for abusing fans I didn’t see any of that or threaten stewards ? Did you witness this Rob?

If so, did you go and report them to the police or do anything else about it?

Or just come in here and have a moan
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:11 pm

stag324 wrote:
Rob wrote:So you're saying fight (or attempt to) with opposing fans, abuse your own fans, threaten stewards and force people to move from their seat but as long as they don't abuse our players (which they do) it's all ok?

As for abusing fans I didn’t see any of that or threaten stewards ? Did you witness this Rob?

Have you read my post and that from others, are we all lying?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Rob wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Have you read my post and that from others, are we all lying?

Where have a said you are lying? And no I haven’t read your other posts

As ever you are interpreting my post to suit your narrative

What actions dis you take as a witness to this sort of behaviour ?
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:25 pm

I moved, as you suggested, and have done so many times. I've previously reported instances to stewards, they aren't interested, they're not going to wade into a group of away fans.

Letting off smoke bombs does nothing for the atmosphere and of course is illegal, I'm surprised you condone it.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Stag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:42 pm

We have a problem as a society with alcohol and to a lesser extent drugs. Our Saturday afternoons are increasingly impacted by that behaviour in general society.

I suspect it’ll take a major incident of some sort for clubs to react to this ongoing issue. I think if the police and stewards dealt with it when the behaviour of some people is obviously impacting others it would make a difference. But usually they don’t so it continues unabated.

Some clubs are worse than others. I think we’re slightly worse than most especially when we get a sniff of success and it’s the in thing to go to games.
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:53 pm

None of them would be like that on their own.

It's a pack mentality and peer pressure of thinking that is how an away day should be.

I find them funny to be honest. None of them could probably fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but they put a Stone Thailand top on and think they're Tyson Fury.

They're just like a football version of a Storm Trooper. All in the same uniform but couldn't hit jack if they tried :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:29 pm

I didn't managed to go yesterday but have been to plenty of away games over recent seasons.

I haven't witnessed trouble for some time now. Maybe the odd blemish but nothing suggest we have a major hooligan issue.

Smoke bombs in the stands are a bit annoying
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:31 pm

Many seem to either forget or not realize altogether that alot of our large following away days have a number of fans/ members of firms of other clubs there that have ties to a few of our own fans. They're not Stags fans and are primarily there for the sesh and to cause problems. It's no coincidence we're seeing a rise of them now that banning orders from the MK Dons match are being rolled back.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:47 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Many seem to either forget or not realize altogether that alot of our large following away days have a number of fans/ members of firms of other clubs there that have ties to a few of our own fans. They're not Stags fans and are primarily there for the sesh and to cause problems. It's no coincidence we're seeing a rise of them now that banning orders from the MK Dons match are being rolled back.
What a load of bull yesterdays tickets barely made general sale
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:59 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I didn't managed to go yesterday but have been to plenty of away games over recent seasons.

I haven't witnessed trouble for some time now. Maybe the odd blemish but nothing suggest we have a major hooligan issue.

Smoke bombs in the stands are a bit annoying
stagmanrob wrote:None of them would be like that on their own.

It's a pack mentality and peer pressure of thinking that is how an away day should be.

I find them funny to be honest. None of them could probably fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but they put a Stone Thailand top on and think they're Tyson Fury.

They're just like a football version of a Storm Trooper. All in the same uniform but couldn't hit jack if they tried :lol:

Finally a bit of reality. To listen to the odd few on here you would think we have the worst away fans in the country and ever away game ends up with trouble
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 pm

There's always an apologist for dipstickery, someone who either doesn't get the point or thinks it's okay and just a bit of a laugh to behave like an antisocial tool.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Unfortunately it’s today’s society in England, and it’s going to get worse. Can’t fault anyone leaving this craphole tbf.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:48 pm

Stags fans attacking Stags fans,how unusual for Stagsnet.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:02 pm

stag324 wrote:As an ‘old timer’ I have found ‘the young uns’ really funny with their antics. I went on the buses yesterday and at the pub stop half couldn’t even get served, but brought a bit of atmosphere to the place.
I love how they give it the big ‘I am’ but most do respect us ‘old uns’ and in reality would run a mile if anything kicked off.

I love the atmosphere they make and the smoke bombs only add to it

The ‘old uns’ amongst us who are with them are the real saddos not the ‘Young uns’ who are only doing what we did in the 70’s and 80’s

If you don’t like it, sit elsewhere just don’t abuse the plays

Sit elsewhere ? How do you propose people do that when it is a sell out ?
You get there in plenty of time before the kick off and sit away from the areas where you know the 'idiot brigade' are going to want to sit, such as behind the goal or closest to the home fans so they can ignore the game and just goad the same idiots in the other stand. Then in the last few minutes before kick off (because they have had to have that extra pint), they come piling in, all wanting to sit together and you end up surrounded by them. They refuse to sit down, blocking the view of those incapable of standing for 90 minutes, even if you ask them politely. They are falling over, landing on other fans, and being abusive to anyone who questions them.
Stewards aren't interested as they don't want to pile into a stand full of drunken idiots and risk a smack in the mouth - you only have to look at Field Mill for this where regular reminders to sit down come up on the scoreboard but nothing is done about standing fans in the away end.
They are selfish gits with no consideration for anyone else as long as they are enjoying themselves.
And smoke bombs ? Apart from being illegal in football grounds, they are also very dangerous to anyone with breathing conditions such as asthma, COPD, etc.
I was at Bradford a few years ago when one was thrown from the stand on the side and the wind blew it straight back into the stand. Not only could we not see the game for several minutes, but a lot of people were struggling with breathing.
Yet again, selfish gits with no thoughts for anyone but themselves.
I have no problems with anyone having a few beers, and being a bit boisterous, but don't ruin everyone else's day out.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:33 am

One of the smoke bombs/flares hit a young lad and burnt his trainers and jogging bottoms. His mum is fuming.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:35 am

Dan wrote:One of the smoke bombs/flares hit a young lad and burnt his trainers and jogging bottoms. His mum is fuming.

Hope she's not fuming too much, wouldn't want her to burn her own trainers and jogging bottoms
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 am

Dan wrote:One of the smoke bombs/flares hit a young lad and burnt his trainers and jogging bottoms. His mum is fuming.

It didn't hit him. It was kicked towards him on the floor
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:04 am

We're gonna need xP soon for the smoke bombs
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum