{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Moronic Fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Moronic Fans

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:05 pm

I am struggling to understand what an £800 coat does that a £50-£100 coat doesn't. Surely the basic premise of a coat is to keep you warm and dry ? If the cheaper coats achieve this, then the other £700+ is just to look fashionable ? Or in the case of stone island, to look like a football hooligan. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:10 pm

Question thrown out to the floor..........why don't the lads with goggles stitched in to their hoods or woolly hats ever put their hoods up, or pull their woolly hat over their faces to benefit from the warm?

And has anyone ever found that their Stone Island/CP Company knock off has the goggles stitched the wrong way up?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:19 pm

zod wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Dan wrote:Some people clearly have more money than sense.

What a stupid thing to say :lol:

I'm pretty sure you will have purchased something in the past Dan that I would find grossly over priced does that mean you have more money than sense ?

A Stags season ticket? :lol: :lol:

Exactly :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:45 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I am struggling to understand what an £800 coat does that a £50-£100 coat doesn't. Surely the basic premise of a coat is to keep you warm and dry ? If the cheaper coats achieve this, then the other £700+ is just to look fashionable ? Or in the case of stone island, to look like a football hooligan. ;)

You just answered your own question.
It's just a status symbol thing.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:11 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

I'm pretty sure you will have purchased something in the past Dan that I would find grossly over priced does that mean you have more money than sense ?

I very much doubt it. But if you think spending £800 on a tag on a coat just to show off then you crack on. The comments above clearly show you’re in a minority ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Dan wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:

I very much doubt it. But if you think spending £800 on a tag on a coat just to show off then you crack on. The comments above clearly show you’re in a minority ;)[/quot

Dan you spend £800 on a camera lense I'll spend my money on what I want, its down to earning it and spending it on what you want, I don't want to fight anyone or impress you or anyone else, but I will not be dictated to as to what I spend my money on or my alleged reasons for doing so.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:59 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I am struggling to understand what an £800 coat does that a £50-£100 coat doesn't. Surely the basic premise of a coat is to keep you warm and dry ? If the cheaper coats achieve this, then the other £700+ is just to look fashionable ? Or in the case of stone island, to look like a football hooligan. ;)

I’m struggling to see what your comment has to do with this thread. Stone Island is an upmarket brand on the continent ( worn by Pep) but now tainted by association.
The issue here is our emerging growing and active hooligan element which not only seeks to engage opposition fans but shows little respect for fellow stags.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:00 pm

old ram stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:

I very much doubt it. But if you think spending £800 on a tag on a coat just to show off then you crack on. The comments above clearly show you’re in a minority ;)[/quot

Dan you spend £800 on a camera lense I'll spend my money on what I want, its down to earning it and spending it on what you want, I don't want to fight anyone or impress you or anyone else, but I will not be dictated to as to what I spend my money on or my alleged reasons for doing so.

Quite right
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:04 pm

I fully support the old ram.

He’s entitled to wear whatever he wants (within the law) and it’s up to his wife if she wants to spend her money on his clothes.

I’m sure we have a few vampires on here who can’t see their own reflections when it comes to fashion sense but we don’t ridicule them. Fashion is often a generational thing and plenty wear clothing similar to that worn in their adolescent years and who are we to judge.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:14 pm

old ram stag wrote:Stagmanrob I own a stone island jacket my wife got me for Xmas she paid £800 for, I don't do any of the things you suggest I do just because I like that type of clothing, putting people into brackets due to their dress is dangerous, I also wear metal t-shirts and shower every day.

You might not do what I have suggested, but I'd bet my life that those that do are all Stone Thailand,CP Company or Aquaqutum scarfed up to the back knacker.

Those are all associated with hooliganism which in itself is laughable as they "don't wear colours" to identify their allegiances - yet wear a tag on their arm to identify how hard they think they are :lol:

So putting people into brackets because of their dress is dangerous? I hope it's not as "dangerous" as the folk wearing it! :lol:

Love how you had to get in how much your mrs paid for your top too. Did you get a blue peter badge with it :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:33 pm

Last year my missus bought me a £5 scratch card for my 50th birthday. That was it, the present.......it won £2.

A perfect metaphor for the life of a Stags fan I reckon.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Last year my missus bought me a £5 scratch card for my 50th birthday. That was it, the present.......it won £2.

I am sure we were ‘stood in’, you owe me a quid. :D
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:41 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
old ram stag wrote:Stagmanrob I own a stone island jacket my wife got me for Xmas she paid £800 for, I don't do any of the things you suggest I do just because I like that type of clothing, putting people into brackets due to their dress is dangerous, I also wear metal t-shirts and shower every day.

You might not do what I have suggested, but I'd bet my life that those that do are all Stone Thailand,CP Company or Aquaqutum scarfed up to the back knacker.

Those are all associated with hooliganism which in itself is laughable as they "don't wear colours" to identify their allegiances - yet wear a tag on their arm to identify how hard they think they are :lol:

So putting people into brackets because of their dress is dangerous? I hope it's not as "dangerous" as the folk wearing it! :lol:

Love how you had to get in how much your mrs paid for your top too. Did you get a blue peter badge with it :lol:

The reason I quoted the price was because you were trying to associate every jacket as being fake, I don't care what you wear to the match and I assure you I want no trouble while I'm there, if you want to keep dry/warm in your £100 coat as quoted by another reader then you do so and I will not ridicule or label you, this whole I'm holier than thou rubbish on here because you dress like that is pathetic, actions are the subject at hand not what your wearing.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Last year my missus bought me a £5 scratch card for my 50th birthday. That was it, the present.......it won £2.

Definitely. Put more in than you get back in return.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:08 pm

Ok fine, I'll ask the real question then, shall I?

What band shirts you been wearing?

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:10 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Ok fine, I'll ask the real question then, shall I?

Motorhead of course
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:11 pm

old ram stag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

The reason I quoted the price was because you were trying to associate every jacket as being fake, I don't care what you wear to the match and I assure you I want no trouble while I'm there, if you want to keep dry/warm in your £100 coat as quoted by another reader then you do so and I will not ridicule or label you, this whole I'm holier than thou rubbish on here because you dress like that is pathetic, actions are the subject at hand not what your wearing.

Not saying I disagree with your last few words, however you must admit that because it is widely associated with the hooligan youth culture it makes you reluctant to wear those particular brands because of the perception.
I say this as I own one Stone Island top, and even when I purchased that I did it in mind of not wanting to be branded like the rest of them.
I have the ghost version which is all blacked out, including the "hooligan tag" on the arm.
I rarely ever wear it simply because I don't want people to think I am out looking for trouble. I even remove the stupid tag off the arm mostly, much like Noel Gallagher did recently on Soccer AM - probably for the same reasons!

You can preach all you want about it shouldn't matter what you wear etc, but hooligans all dress in the same clobber for every team up and down the country, that cannot be argued, hence my original comments which, although tongue in cheek, aren't false.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:12 pm

old ram stag wrote:

Motorhead of course

wise choice :twisted: :rimshot: :guitar: :guitar:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:14 pm

Wondered who keeps getting Triple H's entrance music on the playlist every home game! :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:20 pm

old ram stag wrote:

Motorhead of course

Is that them that did "Shinobi vs dragon ninja"

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:20 pm

old ram stag wrote:

Motorhead of course

I thought you said metal :lol: ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:22 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
old ram stag wrote:

Motorhead of course

Is that them that did "Shinobi vs dragon ninja"

Last train home what a banger.... pity the singer is the worst of the worst
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:23 pm

I didn’t realise people were taking such a keen interest on what other supporters wear to games!

Only one thing for it, getting my best Primarni ironed for Saturday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I didn’t realise people were taking such a keen interest on what other supporters wear to games!

Only one thing for it, getting my best Primarni ironed for Saturday.

We're gonna need xSI soon
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:32 pm

Bananas appear to be the way forward!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum